August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Moisturizers - Perricone - Face Finishing Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sample I received from Sephora smelled like rotten fish. The texture seemed smooth. Just couldn't put it on my face. Tossed it immediately.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by TheSecretaryEG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a gift (a very generous one for $130 it sells for here in Australia)
PROS
Lightweight, absorbs easily and makes my skin feel plump and hydrated.
Makes my foundation go on nicely.
Didn't upset my sometimes sensitive skin.
CONS
The rose scent is very strong and bothers me. I prefer a less intrusive (or non existent) fragrance in skin care products.
Wasn't quite moisturising enough for cold winter days/hot office air conditioning. I don't feel it has any 'protective' qualities.
VERDICT
I wouldn't buy this first because of the price tag, the strong scent and I prefer my Dermalogica skin smoothing cream which is much less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by NoeyD

My least favorite Perricone product by far! I do not find this moisturizer overly hydrating, but then again, if one is oily this may be good for them. The reason I gave this a poor rating is the fact that i believe this had caused me to break out. Although I do get a few zits every now and then, I got a couple huge ones after using this. I can not state with certainty this was the cause as I was stressed during that time, but I have been afraid to try again. Although this is only a moisturizer, I did find this product rather unremarkable and average.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by dnc441

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SMELLS SOOOOOO BAD!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by JCS772

I am 38 with acne-prone, sensitive skin. I first came upon this product when a Perricone rep accosted me in Sephora. She convinced me that this (with Perricone's Gentle Cleanser) would help heal my inflamed skin that had reacted very negatively to a Retin-A peel I'd had three months previously. She was pushy and I was underwhelmed with her over-rehearsed sales-technique, but I was also worn out from bad skin after literally thousands of dollars. So I tried it. Within one month, my skin cleared and now 6 months later, it is still clear. I'm on my second jar of this. For those who wonder about the fishy smell, it's the DMAE. If you've ever bought it in its purest (market available) form, it's extremely fishy smelling. I'm sure the rose scent is added to offset it. Like other reviewers, I'm uninspired by the packaging, but after years of dealing with adult acne and upset skin, I would use this no matter what it came in.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by dotix

I'm going through my third jar of this moisturizer and that itself shows how much I LOVE this stuff! I will call it my HG moisturizer as I've actually tried and tried to replace it with not much success. However as my review goes on you will see why I've removed two lippies despite being in LOVE with it.

First, why I'm in love. It's texture and smell is definitely luxurious. It smells very strongly of roses and its texture is thick but blends in really nicely. I can actually feel my skin drinking up this moisturizer. I've used so many other moisturizers from high end and drugstore brands alike but nothing really gives me the effect this moisturizer does. It leaves my skin plump and hydrated and imparts a soft glow - making it ideal for me to use under make up. My combo skin feels balanced out at the end of the day... never oily or dry. My skin also looks more even toned and brighter, I noticed that my lines are softened and pores smaller. I even notice the firming effect at the end of a month of daily use.

Now for the two missing lippies. One is for the darn jar. The packaging reeks and I mean it. I broke my first jar so I only got to use half of it and broke the second but was lucky because it was my last use!! I'm not clumsy but there is something wrong with this jar!

I know what the other reviewers mean by the fishy smell - when I first received this moisturizer as a sample, after some time it turned fishy. Probably because it's old and has been left out to oxidize for too long which is why when I buy this moisturizer I transfer half out into another jar and refrigerate the other half. (minus another one lippie for having to do this).

All in all, I LOVE this moisturizer for the way my skin looks and feels when I use it. There's really nothing quite like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by darlingtonUSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Though the whipped texture is nice, this stuff seriously dried out my skin. After using it for 3 days, it took about a week for my skin to calm down--it was dry, crackly, red and itchy--from using this stuff. I would only recommend it for super oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This moisturizer was kind of a let down. First of all contrary to other reviews..i don't mind the smell. It's like roses. The texture is nice ..non greasy BUT...i don't know if it was this or the cleanser or the two together that started clogging up my pores pretty bad. My nose was all clogged up and my forhead started getting those little bumps. I actually got a really bad deep under the skin pimple on my chin that took a week to get rid of. Paaaainfuuul! I can't affored for my skin to go out of wack because it took me a year to get it in check. I have hyperpigmentation issues so i had to put the breaks on this brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

I put a 2 instead of a 1 for packaging because it does include a little spatula so you don't have to scoop out the product with your fingers. However, that said, I think this moisturizer should come in more hygienic packaging.

I bought a jar and had to return it because when I opened it, it looked like it had been opened already. I went back to Sephora and exchanged my jar, and found that several jars were like this. This is bad packaging from Perricone. Finally, I found a jar that was sealed.

I love this moisturizer! This with my Clarisonic has been giving me great skin. Also, the more I've been using my Clarisonic, the less of this moisturizer I need to use.

The texture feels slightly "whipped." It feels luxurious on the skin and sinks in quickly. And I don't know how it does this, but it gives my skin a sort of ethereal glow. I wish I could wear this -- and nothing else -- every day (sadly, though, skin needs SPF, so I cannot wear this alone). Anyway, I use it at night. (I've been using the new Olay DNA moisturizer with SPF during the day.)

I bought this after receiving a sample from Sephora. I've kept the little sample jar and decant into that whenever I travel. (I'd hate to travel with this jar and have it break on me!)

What else? I love it, and will continue using it. I just wish it came in better packaging -- like the Kate Somerville jars. What else? The scent - not overwhelming, but yes, it does have a scent -- slightly like roses. It dissipates after a few minutes. I like it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good moisturizer that won't break the bank. I have it in the jar, I believe it has been repackage (which is a good thing).Smells like roses. Should NOT smell like fish!! Interesting thing about this product; if you are VERY VERY dry, you will start out using quite a bit of it. Over time, however, you find you need less and less. This is your skin being brought back to a "normal" oil production (if that makes sense). I don't know how it works, but Perricone is really a great line that does a super job on the skin. It may sting at first; his stuff is potent, so go slowly.