October 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo!

The idea behind it is to give your hair natural volume and makes it look shiny (hence the name 'big').
And this is exactly what it did.

The scent of it is also very pleasant. It's a clean, fresh scent.
It also lathers like a dream!

The only negative thing about this, I find, is the packaging.
It's kind of unsanitary but then again I can't imagine this shampoo coming with a pump since it consists of big chunks of sea salt.

I only use this shampoo once a week because THIS IS A CLARIFYING SHAMPOO, which means it strips your hair from both good and bad oils so you should only use it once or twice a week MAX.

Would probably repurchase, though it comes in a big tub of product and I don't think I'll run out anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very hesitant to buy this for two reasons. One, that it is kind of a weird hair product and I've never ventured away from "regular" shampoo. Two, the price is absolutely insane. I've never bought a shampoo for more than $15, so at $26.95 my wallet was hurting. I bit the bullet since I'd heard great things about the product online.
For reference, I have very straight, medium-thin hair that goes a few inches past my shoulder blades. I do have some split ends due to the process of growing out my hair, but I've never dyed my hair and I don't use a lot of heat. My scalp gets oily quite quickly.
When I used it later that night, I took a small amount and massaged my scalp with it only, and gently of course. I don't massage it into the length of my hair at all except for the root area since I can't really avoid it! I then rinsed it out and used the small sample of the solid Big Conditioner that I got on the "pony-tail" region of my hair.
When I came out of the shower I didn't use any other products on my hair because I wanted to see how both of the products worked by themselves. I combed through my hair very easily with maybe one or two small tangles. Nice! I let it air dry and my hair was just SO shiny, the ends even looked beautiful, which is saying something because I have long hair that I don't cut as often as most people.
Now for the cons. I didn't notice any ridiculous volume, but my hair is constantly battling volume of any kind anyways so it's not surprising. Judging by the name, this hair is basically suppose to defy gravity, so that was a negative for me. Maybe if I blow dry it? Another con is that Lush touts being all natural and whatever, and, well, there's sodium laureth sulfate in this, which I didn't notice until I got home. Now, I don't have an issue with that generally, but when I think I'm getting an all-natural product that only has amazing ingredients in it then it kind of bothers me. Just a bit. Another issue is the packaging. I felt like I was juggling the tub as I was applying the product to my hair and trying not to get any water in the tub. But, what can you do? It's suppose to be better for the environment so I can deal with that.
So, to sum it up. I probably would buy this again along with a regular size of the solid conditioner. I probably wouldn't use this EVERY day as you are basically exfoliating your scalp with the salt. If you have an issue with sulfates, then don't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by baby_doll007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At the age of 31, I lost about half of my fine but thick hair after suffering a long illness. I was very upset with my flat, lifeless hair. I would see other girls and they had the most beautiful head of hair. I got a new cut, with light long layers to try and improve its appearance, along with a few ribbon thin balayage highlights just to cover some greys. What has grown back is very fine and limp. Part is still straight and thin, and then part has some waves/flips which I love. I love Lush products and have used most of their products. Yes, this product is expensive but I think it is worth the splurge because its quite economical as a little tiny drop makes your whole hair lather. I love the squeaky clean effect of the salt. I also think it helps create shine and volume, and makes my hair so soft when used once a week in combination with Retread. The light citrus scent sticks around in your hair and is really refreshing. It does give some volume and make my hair fluffier. I use it once a week to deep clean, no more and my hair always looks and feels fabulous on that day. Please note this is not an everyday shampoo because it does give a really deep clean. It's a good buy for anyone with fine or flat hair. I haven't noticed that the salt has faded my highlights, in fact I think it makes them look brighter and shinier.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay I got a haircut a few weeks ago and it has turned me into a hair girl. This led me to finally have an interest in Lush, a company before I had no interest at all. I just thought that no smelly bath was worth what they were charging. But then I heard about the haircare plus the fact now I LOVE taking care of my new short hair, so it was only a matter of time before I discovered Lush.
Anyway, I went in to buy the BIG shampoo because I wanted to give volume that would last through the second or third day after washing and after seeing the reviews online I decided to go and check it out. I ended up walking out with a different product and a sample of BIG. I used it for the first time today and I love it. It literally gives you instant satisfaction. In the shower when you are lathering up you can feel your hair raising up and becoming more voluminous. The only thing is that you HAVE to let the salt dissolve more in your hair before you start massaging away your scalp because I noticed that there was quite a bit of hair breakage due to the salt I am assuming. Another note is that you don't need much. Just a very tiny bit and your set. Conditioning is a must after this product and especially important if you are going to dry your hair after, I not only conditioned but then I used the its a 10 miracle product after the shower before I dried my hair. I don't normally blow dry my hair but I don't think I will anymore when I use this product because I feel like it dries it out too much. You will be fine if you just let your hair air dry.
When this sample runs out I will for sure run out and drop the 30 dollars for the full size.

EDIT-Okay I bought the full size and I love it, but there are two draw backs. One the hair breakage. You have to be careful I have noticed that my hair does seem to have more fly aways then normal when I use this product regularly. Two the dandruff. To solve this I have mixed it with my Redken anti dandruff shampoo and it has worked out fine. But I would still repurchase and I still love it, you just have to mix it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Ljevans4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great for achieving volume, but very drying for fine hair like mine! I would probably have repurchased this if it was not so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mrsstyles11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo. It gives me volume and shine instantely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Big really does what it says- gives you volumous, fluffy hair. However, you need to use it with caution and especially if you have dry ends, need to condition your ends. Otherwise it can leave you with very dry ends, as the shampoo can be harsh. It is however, very good for an oily scalp and will take away muggy, yucky oily scalps in just one wash. I like that you have the sea salt crystals to scrub your scalp with and that's also good for flaky scalp. What I now do is combine it with the lovely Godiva solid shampoo- I use Godiva on the ends, and Big on the scalp. Godiva btw, also makes your hair fluffy. Big is a definite repurchase though the price is a little steep where I come from.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this out of all the good reviews and wanted to give LUSH shampoo a try and this is the one I decided to go with. So far the shampoo is good but not awesome for the price I am paying for. $30CAD a jar is ridiculous.

Pro
- leaves my hair softer than previous/other shampoos
- minor volumizing factor
- fairly natural ingredients
- no obnoxious scent

CONS
- expensive
- inconvenient packaging
- does have sulfate (doesn't sud up as much as I would like)
- probably would not last that long in comparison to other shampoos

I think I prefer to Scenic bar shampoo better $10 a pop but I hate the packaging
Nov2012

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is naturally poker straight and very flat and because I'm completely hopeless at actually styling it I'm always looking for products that'll give my hair more bounce and volume without any actual effort on my part...

Anyway, I don't notice any major difference with Big. But honestly, there's only so much you can realistically expect a shampoo to do, right? Big is very cleansing, very clarifying. If you have a lot of product residue in your hair weighing it down, this is gonna get rid of that and perk your hair up a bit. I barely use anything other than shampoo/conditioner in my hair so I guess this is just how my hair is meant to be! It definitely fluffs up the ends of my hair, but it's still pretty flat on top.

I only use Big once a week. I wouldn't recommend to use it any more than that, as it'll be too drying. It's a weird texture, full of these big grains of salt. I used it last night with a papercut on my finger...ouch. Watch out for that. Anyway, this forms a really good lather with a very small amount of shampoo. I'm notorious for using way more shampoo than I actually need. I use about a tablespoon of this at a time and it is more than enough for my shoulder-length hair. So even if you find this expensive, it'll last a good few months.

It smells good too! Nice fresh, citrusy scent. So while it doesn't do massive amounts to volumize my hair, I still appreciate Big and would consider buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I bought this due to the reviews but sadly it did nothing for my hair and is a pain to open the tub which of course had the product washed my hair or given me volume is nothing to complain about. But it did nothing of significance...at least I didn't notice even after i had used the entire tub. Since it's not expensive, might be worth it to give it a try but I wouldn't let my hopes up.