October 31, 2014 | 782 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by ingenue

Love the chocolatey scent, love the creamy texture, but one lippie off for not having as many scrubby bits as I'd like (it's a personal preference). Not a bad scrub though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by cb_islandgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loooooove this...my skin is very very dry and I have KP..this does wonders! I like the smell of cocoabutter too, the only annoying thing is how water gets into it when you're in the shower. My favorite scrub though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MariLaPaisa

I do not like how this smells but it works amazing. It makes my skin so soft. Its pure Cocoa butter so it leaves the skin so soft and so moisturized and supple. Its great to use before the Cocoa body .butter or any other body butter for optimum results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mswarzie

A sales associate at The Body Shop once told me to put this on my legs before shaving - best beauty tip ever! This is my HG shaving cream. A jar of this lasts a long time too - there is no need to slather tons of scrub on your body - a little goes a long way. I don't use this as a scrub really but I am sure that it would work great for this purpose too. This product exfoliates well and leaves skin moisturized without any oily or gummy residue. I love the cocoa butter smell - reminds me of sunblock and days basking on a sunny beach. The only problem I have with this is the packaging - it is so easy for water to pool in the container while shaving in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mlbalinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ohmigosh I love this! I can actually feel this working! You know how some scrubs just disappear as soon as they touch water? Not this one! Left my skin soft and clean-feeling. I followed it with TBS Cocoa Butter Body Butter and my skin feels so nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by BerlinerPooh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love body scrubs and this one is one of my favourites. The smell is devine (but then I am a cocoabutterholic!), it leaves skin wonderfully moisturised and soft, rinses well and a little goes a long way. I prefer this type of creamy scrub to oily salty ones that leave me all slippery! Downsides: very expensive for every day use so I splurge occasionally. Also, although the tub is great for scooping out the contents, I recently realised when visiting friends, it's a pain in a closed shower cubicle. Quick scoop, close lid, quick scoop, close lid ...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a TBS cocoa butter gift set from a co-worker for Christmas. There was a towel, body wash, body butter, lotion and this scrub in the set. I loved the lotion, but the scrub was AMAZING. This is one of the best body scrubs I have ever used. The smell, texture and level of moisturization made this a real treat. After my mini was gone, I knew I had to have the full size. There are no TBS stores where I live, so I ordered it online last night, and I can't wait to get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't dare saying how much scrubs I have used in the past. It must be over hunderd! I use self tanner year round, so a good scrub is essential for me. I have used the high ends scrubs too: Sisley, Estee Lauder, Dior,... Surprisingly this one along with the scrub from Clinique performs best. I haven't switched in a year so that is saying a lot. I wish they make bigger jars! Skin is polished, soft, moisturized and calm altough it really scrubs! What can you else ask? Sorry for bad English!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by CrystalNhiLe

A lot of people here say the scent doesn't linger...but I cannot get this nauseating smell of my hands. It does smell like almonds and cherries...and yeah I'm about to puke since I really can't stand it.

But the scrub quality is absolutely perfect. My hands and legs are so smoooth it works like a charm. I'll try Origins or another smell next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this on special offer with the cocoa butter body butter.... Body scrub smells likes Jergens Cherry Almond lotion! Skin does feel smooth afterwards but it's a little too pricey for me (normal price - 10). Especially when you can do the same job with bath gloves for a third of the price.