April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - DiorSkin Compact Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Diorskin powder foundation!!! GREAT STUFF! It's not super matte like Studio Fix so it doesn't make me look dead....it has light-reflecting stuff in it, so my face glows! I wear this in 403, and it's the perfect shade. It covers all my imperfections and evens out my skin...I never get greasy/shiny with this compact...it cost me $40ish but I really think it's worth every cent. I bought my first compact in February...which was 8 months ago, so this stuff last pretty damn long.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ShannonLam

I don't mind using this product, however I don't think I would repurchase it because it is a lot more expensive then other products that work just as well. I believe it's almost 60 dollars (CAN). I'm probably going to go back to using my Clinique powder foundation or try the new NARS compact foundation that came out a couple of months ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by angmo

This is my first compact powder foundation from CD after Guerlain discontinued my favorite shade. After 6 years of searching, I think I might have found a perfect match for my skintone. The shade selection is better than other brands (granted that you are within their range) because each shade is just a tad different from each other. A slight diference make a huge impact on the overall look of the makeup itself. (one lippy) The best feature of this powder foundation is that I could layer this without looking powdery or cakey.(hence the 4 lippies) This gives me a light - medium coverage which I like. I have tried countless powder foundation at the counters and they are either too powdery (esp MAC) or cakey. I think the soft effect from this powder has a lot to do with the sponge/puff that came with it. **UPDATE (Jul 15 2006) ** I have recently used Stila 21 brush with this powder and it is simply foolproof. Gives a luminous veil effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 3:56:00 AM More reviews by pattypatr

I like this foundation powder. I just switched from Chanel Double Perfection to Diorskin. It feels light and luminous, not a powder mask like Chanel. The oil control power is quite limited. My face gets oily after couple hours. I would like to try the matte version of Diorskin. Hope it will have all the best features, plus oil controlled.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Cartoonfish

This foundation is ok, the packging is fat, but nice looking. the powder is very fine, but coverage is sheer-medium and has an akward grey white cast to it in all their shades when applied. the staying power is blah,and oxidises to a weird orange and touch ups is needed throughout the day. Shiseido and shu uemura makes better foundations. edit: even revlon's last 3x longer then this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2005 1:08:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

I bought this to see if the DiorSnow whitening works. I guess I really can't say because I use it to dust my face very lightly after putting on concealer. I got it in 301 Blonde and it looks good. Very yellow toned- but looks great on my lightly tanned/ yellow toned asian skin. I did try it on with just a sponge, like regular powder foundation style, but it looked wayyyy too artificial. EWW. So I just use a brush to lightly dust my face after my tinted moisturizer and concealer. It seems to keep any shine away so far. Its been 100 degrees here and I don't expect anything to last for long in this weather. I have used the regular DiorSkin powder foundation before and I did like it. I don't expect this one to be too different. I guess I was just sold on the "whitening" and the white pearl compact! (I am such a sucker for packaging!) The quality of the compact is still the same. I had some issues with the fact that they put in a little clear plastic tray to hold the sponge. C'mon- they should make their compacts with an actual plastic folding separator, not a cheapie 5 cent plastic tray. I don't think I will be repurchasing this. I need to stop with the impulse buys!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

I usually like Dior foundations if I can find a good color match (I think their shade selections are pretty limited) but even though I liked the DiorSkin Compact Makeup at first, after trying other powder foundations I found this one to be not quite as good. The coverage is good but the finish is too shiny and I feel like I look like the Tin Man. The shade I have is Golden Beige and it goes just a tad orange on me. Just not worth the money and it doesn't include a sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by meeshmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a high quality product, that I wont purchased again. - read on- I need coverage - acne and scars. I have been using MAC forever, recently started breaking out and I am now on a quest for a new dual foundation powder. I will start with the positive. Its in a ton of shades, and easy to match, it reflect light wonderfully without any glitter look, and the packaging and sponge are divine. You dont get a chalky look but I very nice natural finish. The downside for me anyway is that I need more coverage. This powder has more coverage than Stil IPF, and less than MAC Studio Fix. The other thing is that it doesnt layer very well - lets say to really cover up problem spots, and thats frustrating. If you have average - non cover up challenged skin and you are looking for a nice, very high quality powder this will do just fine. But if you really need a foundation powder to act like a foundation - this missed the mark. I would reccommend Clarins Hydrating Dual Powder instead. I am a C30, 40 watt, Clarins 04, Sand Beige shade type of girl if it helps. Oh , this stuff is expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by TearzKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff wasnt that amazing, like any other product it requires touch-ups no matter what method of application. The ladies at the Christian Dior counter of Macys got the color pretty close (200), and my grandmother loved it (she usually tells me that my foundations are too light.)

Unfortulately, I cant get a sheer enough finish with this, so it looks a bit heavy and tends to sit on my skin rather then melting in the way GALSF would. =(

My skin has no bumps, scars, and only minimal acne, I use this only to diminish redness and even out my skin-tone as I get facials often which leave my skin red.

I would recommend this to someone who wants to even out their skin tone for a younger look, and who is looking for a medium coverage.

Price approx. $40 - A bit expensive for a product that has a finish strongly resembling that of a drug store powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by vophsi12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This compact foundation is actually very beautiful in the world of compact powder foundations. It, unlike its competitors' versions, is flawless without being heavy. It is micro-fine and adheres to the skin while blurring imperfections. It has an spf of 20 and controls oil. It is however, only for normal to combinations skins, oilier skins will find it turns shiny towards the end of the day, drier skins will find it is too much of a matte finish.