September 16, 2014 | 1480 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Chanel - Base Lumiere - Illuminating Makeup Base

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

AWFUL! My skin is dry and my skin looked worse with this product. I flaked all day. I usually love all Chanel products but this one did not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by rickylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Price: $81.00 NZ-Package: Pure class however larger bottle would be nice considering the huge amount of cash shelled out for this product. Non greasy but still had a tendency to highlight pores. It may or may not have Titanium Dioxide in the product- not happy about that. I wish there was a more person friendly alternative out there. Update: I am really impressed by the texture of this product-almost like silk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by beautynyc

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you haven't tried this product, you really should. This is NOT the usual primer, but a true makeup base. Even though it's got silicone in it, it's not too greasy feeling, it's more like a gel texture. This product is the only one I use before applying makeup on anyone. I find the others are often too slippery, and thick. This product goes on effortlessly, and give a subtle glow. Instead of your makeup sliding around on a thick silicone base, this stuff will hold your makeup all day without that thick slimy feeling that can occur late in the day. You'll have far less silicone breakthough with this product than with other primers out there. This is also far better than the other primers out there especially in hot climates / summer humidity. The only trouble is that the packaging sucks. Keep this bottle inverted on your counter top so the product will come out more easily. Try it!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging really is terrible even full you do have to store it upside down. It really does work for me though, it makes my skin glow. I love it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2005 7:45:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I still have a half-full container of this in my stash, and I doubt I'll ever open it again. I bought this with the hopes it would illuminate and provide a good base for the light dusting of powder I apply every morning, and I think it did one of the two, which was fine. However - and this is a HUGE however - after using this every day for about two months, I got back some pictures that were taken during a party, and I was mortified to see that my face was pink. I attribute that to the fact that this isn't an entirely clear color, but rather has a violet undertone to it, and on my fair but golden toned Asian skin, that's just not a good thing. It's not something I noticed even in natural light, and it couldn't have been my foundation (I only usually use a transluscent powder, or, for slightly more coverage, a dusting of Shiseido's Powdery Foundation), so I know it was this. For over $50 CDN, I got what I wanted in terms of a good primer, but I wasn't illuminated - I was painted pink. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2005 2:55:00 AM More reviews by minanmi

My skin, if properly moisturized beforehand, looks amazing with this product, before and after foundation (if I decide to wear it). I got this for my mother on mother's day earlier this year, and have been sneaking it whenever possible since. While it makes my skin look wonderfully glowy (think unparalleled subtle yet complex glow if possible) and flawless, this product merits it only 3 lippies in my book: (1) price (actually, the main gripe. I'm a poor student! *sob*), (2) the base is incredibly thick and difficult to spread, (3) it's very greasy and settles into my pores if I'm not careful about how I moisturize beforehand and how much product I apply (which makes me wonder if this product would be better applied with a brush or sponge...is that even a good idea to do, with a base?), and (4) I think consistent use during a one-week vacation I was home broke me out, probably because Chanel is more suited to older skin and not oil-prone early-twenties skin. Would love to love, but yet...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2005 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kimbathewhitelion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is feels very lightweight, yet has real staying power. It is quite hard to remove, which can be a little bit of a pain, but this is hardly a disadvantage when you require real staying power. The illuminating component of this base is very subtle, as is the violet corrector. Another advantage I found was that this "dried" quite quickly so you do not have to wait for long before applying foundation.
The only main disadvantage i can see is the inappropriate packaging. Must be stored upside down, particularly when it is about halfway empty.
Overall, i believe this may be the best primer i have tried, and i would highly recomend. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Knpozzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product did not do anything for me!!!! It made me look very dry under my eyes and for some reason it balled up when I put my foundation on. I would not recommend this product to anyone. It did make my skin look illuminated, but it went away when i put my foundation so whats the point???! It's a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2005 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Meisje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't normally like Chanel cosmetics because I find them over-fragranced but this is virtually fragrance-free.

It glides smoothly onto your skin and foundation sits perfectly on top of it.

Even without foundation it made a significant difference to the light, texture and tone of my skin.

Its much better than Nars (which so many people rave about).

The only negative is that its quite expensive for a small bottle. Although a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by WetDiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Chanel lover, but this product just completely miss it!!! I like the fact that there is no scent to it, but it is quite pricey for a little bottle which is SO HARD TO SQUEEZE!!! I really dont see any illuminating effect either, Blanc Universelle is better at doing this. On top of this, WHY DOES IT BALL ON ME even though i was just using the lightest amount?!?!?! Even with Chanel Vitalumiere?!?!?!? For primer, i am sure there are other problems that do a better job than this.