October 24, 2014 | 1810 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by plummykeen

I adore this little magic pen. It's a lovely alternative to the YSL Touche Eclat pen and I believe it works just as well. Works beautifully for under eyes and hollows like around the nose, mouth, and on the sides of the eyes... Makes my skin look radiant. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer is great for just like it says - an "airbrushed" look. I use this around my nose, under my chin, and just small spots here and there that I want to perfect. I don't need/want to use foundation all over, so this allows me to use it where I only need it. It's wonderful! My skin looks perfect whenever I use this. The only downfall is that it doesn't seem to stay put as long as other concealers, but it's so light that even as often as you reapply it, it never looks heavy or cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! This really brightens my under eyes without looking too "Kim Kardashian". I don't have terrible dark circles though. I also use this as a face highlighter and it works very well in a natural way. One of my fave concealers beside Benefit Boing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(shade 01) I love this product. I was a bit wary at first because this shade is a light pink colour far darker and rosier than my skin but it blends in perfectly.

The coverage is fairly light (similar to what you would get with a liquid foundation) and the light reflection is quite subtle but I think the two work together really well. I haven't noticed it settling into lines though I only use a tiny bit and blend it. It lasts a decent length of time though I'd probably have to touch it up if I was going out after work. It photographs much better than touche eclat.

It gets rid of dark shadows around your eyes and my light dark circles brilliantly though if I haven't had enough sleep I would recommend using another concealer below this to provide a bit more coverage.

I love the packaging - pens rule! And you can take them on planes with you so you don't look exhausted when you land. I'd buy it again though it's not 5 stars because I'd love it to be just a little more pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade 04) It's a nice concealer to make areas on the face lighter. It's not best for under eyes though, but to make areas on the face look a bit lighter such as around the mouth on odd occasions when it looks a bit darker than the rest of the face. It's really good for that but cannot be used on it own, but when applied on top of foundation this will allow a better coverage of the concealer to work on.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by panhiax2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this concealer in Neutral Fair (04) and I wanted to like it but I don't. I like illuminating property but the coverage is sheer to light and it takes a while before it sets. In addition to the non-existing coverage it settles into lines which is not good. I don't mind that this concealer provides light coverage but I really just don't how it takes a while before it sets and how it settles into fine lines thus only accentuating the fine lines. With that in mind, this concealer is not design for people with dark under eye circles because it is not going to cover much. The Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is much better and cheaper. In comparison the Maybeline DreamLumi provides better coverage and it sets faster and it does not settle into lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by aliahash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing dark circles concealer! it doesnt cake and it conceals perfectly. I use Medium (No.2) on my medium MAC NC40 skin and its ideal! i use powder foundation so i blot some powder under the eye for the conealer to let it set in and it works amazingly.

highly recommend for those looking for a light texture concealer. Note that this conealer is no good for covering blemishes as its too fine

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just writing to let some people know, there isn't much price difference between this and YSL's Touche Eclat.

I know that this is $19.50 and Touche Eclat is $40, but Clinique Airbrush concealer is only 0.05 oz, whereas Touche Eclat is 0.1 oz, which is double the size of Clinique, so YSL is double the price but also twice the amount.

So if you think in relation to the sizing, it's almost the same price anyway.

My advice: try both of them at Sephora and stick with whichever one you like because they differ in colors, undertones, and brightening effect/coverage.

Now onto the actual product review, I like this a lot. It does not give a crazy reflective effect so I look like I have some white undereye mask, but just enough to brighten the eye area and counteract the dark circles. I sometimes also use it on the redness around my cheeks---I love the thin consistency that does not cake up, and the fact that it does not dry out my eye area which is already dry. Do not expect coverage from this; that's not what it's supposed to do anyway. I think Clinique should change the name from Airbrush "concealer" to "highlighter" or "brightener". I have pale, neutral toned skin and I use Neutral Fair. (I also use Bourjois Healthy Mix 51 for your reference). It's small and pricey, but I think it's worth it. I think one pen lasted about 6 months for me with daily use.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had very high expectations of this product seeing as everyone liked it. Upon my first application, I was sorely disappointed. Compared to my Cle de peau concealer, this is probably 50% coverage. I do not recommend this for undereye circles. I needed three layers before my any sign of coverage appeared. True I do have darker eye circles, nevertheless this is a time consuming concealer and I will not be repurchasing for its lack of coverage. Even for spots, it didn't work as well. It is almost like a light layer of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

I have tried a few concealers for under my eyes and this so far has been the best. it has been the only one i have tried that hasnt caked and looked gross under my eye at the end of the day. i like the yellow tinge to it for one because i have yellow undertones but also because it hides the dark circles better. i have no wrinkles to cover (im seventeen) but just dark circles. overall, its great in terms of no creasing and in terms of colour, but as for coverage its not the greatest. it covers pretty well dont get me wrong i mean i really like this product, it just isnt god like or anything. overall i like this product quite a lot!