July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(shade 01) I love this product. I was a bit wary at first because this shade is a light pink colour far darker and rosier than my skin but it blends in perfectly.

The coverage is fairly light (similar to what you would get with a liquid foundation) and the light reflection is quite subtle but I think the two work together really well. I haven't noticed it settling into lines though I only use a tiny bit and blend it. It lasts a decent length of time though I'd probably have to touch it up if I was going out after work. It photographs much better than touche eclat.

It gets rid of dark shadows around your eyes and my light dark circles brilliantly though if I haven't had enough sleep I would recommend using another concealer below this to provide a bit more coverage.

I love the packaging - pens rule! And you can take them on planes with you so you don't look exhausted when you land. I'd buy it again though it's not 5 stars because I'd love it to be just a little more pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade 04) It's a nice concealer to make areas on the face lighter. It's not best for under eyes though, but to make areas on the face look a bit lighter such as around the mouth on odd occasions when it looks a bit darker than the rest of the face. It's really good for that but cannot be used on it own, but when applied on top of foundation this will allow a better coverage of the concealer to work on.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by panhiax2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this concealer in Neutral Fair (04) and I wanted to like it but I don't. I like illuminating property but the coverage is sheer to light and it takes a while before it sets. In addition to the non-existing coverage it settles into lines which is not good. I don't mind that this concealer provides light coverage but I really just don't how it takes a while before it sets and how it settles into fine lines thus only accentuating the fine lines. With that in mind, this concealer is not design for people with dark under eye circles because it is not going to cover much. The Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is much better and cheaper. In comparison the Maybeline DreamLumi provides better coverage and it sets faster and it does not settle into lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by aliahash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing dark circles concealer! it doesnt cake and it conceals perfectly. I use Medium (No.2) on my medium MAC NC40 skin and its ideal! i use powder foundation so i blot some powder under the eye for the conealer to let it set in and it works amazingly.

highly recommend for those looking for a light texture concealer. Note that this conealer is no good for covering blemishes as its too fine

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just writing to let some people know, there isn't much price difference between this and YSL's Touche Eclat.

I know that this is $19.50 and Touche Eclat is $40, but Clinique Airbrush concealer is only 0.05 oz, whereas Touche Eclat is 0.1 oz, which is double the size of Clinique, so YSL is double the price but also twice the amount.

So if you think in relation to the sizing, it's almost the same price anyway.

My advice: try both of them at Sephora and stick with whichever one you like because they differ in colors, undertones, and brightening effect/coverage.

Now onto the actual product review, I like this a lot. It does not give a crazy reflective effect so I look like I have some white undereye mask, but just enough to brighten the eye area and counteract the dark circles. I sometimes also use it on the redness around my cheeks---I love the thin consistency that does not cake up, and the fact that it does not dry out my eye area which is already dry. Do not expect coverage from this; that's not what it's supposed to do anyway. I think Clinique should change the name from Airbrush "concealer" to "highlighter" or "brightener". I have pale, neutral toned skin and I use Neutral Fair. (I also use Bourjois Healthy Mix 51 for your reference). It's small and pricey, but I think it's worth it. I think one pen lasted about 6 months for me with daily use.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had very high expectations of this product seeing as everyone liked it. Upon my first application, I was sorely disappointed. Compared to my Cle de peau concealer, this is probably 50% coverage. I do not recommend this for undereye circles. I needed three layers before my any sign of coverage appeared. True I do have darker eye circles, nevertheless this is a time consuming concealer and I will not be repurchasing for its lack of coverage. Even for spots, it didn't work as well. It is almost like a light layer of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

I have tried a few concealers for under my eyes and this so far has been the best. it has been the only one i have tried that hasnt caked and looked gross under my eye at the end of the day. i like the yellow tinge to it for one because i have yellow undertones but also because it hides the dark circles better. i have no wrinkles to cover (im seventeen) but just dark circles. overall, its great in terms of no creasing and in terms of colour, but as for coverage its not the greatest. it covers pretty well dont get me wrong i mean i really like this product, it just isnt god like or anything. overall i like this product quite a lot!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by naskell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappointed in this product. It's quite thin and watery and has very poor coverage which I had suspected might be the case since other light reflective concealer pens I've tried have been like this. However, the worst part is that it is really drying and cakey. I agree with one of the other reviewers who said it makes fine lines around the eye very obvious which are not visible with other products. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohh how I love this. I decided to test it after watching Lisa Eldridge. I tested it 3 times at different days to be sure about it and then run to buy it. It is 100 times better than any other concealers I've tried. It does not settle into my fine lines, covers lightly, brightens my under eye area naturally, even I can't understand if I'm wearing it or not. I'm NW20 and wear the lightest shade in this concealer. It looks too pink if you test it on your hand but go for it if you're pale, you'll not believe how it looks wonderful. Thank you Lisa!

If you have dark undereye circles, test it before buying, cause this is not a heavy concealer. I don't have dark circles but due to my see-through skin my green veins are visible. After I use this concealer, I can still see my veins but they look very faded. Also, I always use it after I moisturize my eye area.

Btw, I started to love Clinique MUAs, they are very generous and give wonderful samples every time I make a purchase or pass by.

EDIT: I used it as an eyelid primer on a holiday -didn't take painterly with me 'cause wanted to pack light- and loved its performance. Evens out skin tone, does not cause any crease. Perfetto!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridge use it over and over again in her videos. I love that it's light weight as I don't like packing too much of anything around the eye area. It works well when I don't have really dark circles or puffiness and does add some illumination to the under eye area.
Only problem I have with it is that the product I purchased developed a really horrible smell after a couple of uses. Almost like the product had gone off. Not sure if this happens a lot with it or just with mine!