November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Caviar

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by klutzx01

When I was sixteen, I saw this product on QVC and thought it was just for me. A girlfriend got it for me on my birthday, but it was a HUGE dissapointment! First of all, the brush (that you have to buy separately), is completely useless. Although it goes on smoothly, as soon as you open your eyes, it gets erased. It's literally been sitting in my make up drawer for years, collecting dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by pearlywhite

I was confused by numerous negative reviews here, still I can`t stand liquide eye-liners, so wanted to try a cream variant. I bought it in black color, I didn`t buy the brush cause it`s too expensive. Instead I bought an angled Isa Dora brush and planning to buy some thin brush from Isa Dora for the same liner.

So far I am pleased. First of all - it stays literally all day. I do not put it on my bare lids, but over some light eye-shadow (have tried some light YSL shadow from a duo, have tried with Mary Kay singles - the idea is that the shadow should be gentle and not bold) - the eye-liner holds exactly as it starts and application process is easier. Very nice, warm-black shade, which looks like soft velvet and not like glossy silk (lke you normally get from liquide liners), didn`t smudge, didn`t fade.

I like it, like the look which I get with it and I am planning to buy one more shade - Picasso (dark blue).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by xtinastyles

I got this as part of a set from Smashbox called All Access VIP Beauty Must Haves. It has a nice creamy quality but isnt very powerful.. I used it with the Smashbox flat brush that came in the set. It was a nice, fine line but I went over it with a pencil for a more dramatic look. Overall I would say its so so, but there are plenty of better options out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Ilovelippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I apply this liner to my lower lash line only using Smashbox's liner brush. It goes on silky and lasts throughout the day but does tend to get a little smeary. I don't mind this because I like the smokey look and I don't like a harsh line on my lower lashes. I prefer to use a liquid liner on my upper lash line because the staying power is much better. I have had the same pot of cream eyeliner for almost a year now and I have yet to see the bottom of the pot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 11:36:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

I do like the creamy texture and inky black color, but there's not much else to say.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2006 2:44:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the rich color of this, and the smooth texture. I had never used a product like this previously, so getting used to applying it with a brush was a little tricky as I've always been used to pencils. I find it to be very blendable and versatile, it lasts all day without touch-ups, and comes off cleanly and easily. The price is a little steep, but the little pot lasts a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 9:42:00 AM More reviews by oraclegirl

i bought this b/c i've used mac's fluid line for about 3 years and have been OK with it. i went out and bought smash box's cream liner and boy was that a mistake. at the end of the day, there was no eyeliner left! it had moved into my crease and under my eyes and everywhere but where i put it in the morning. i've never worn eyeliner so terrible, and for so expensive. in canada, this stuff is about 29$ where as mac's fluid liner is around 20$ and you get twice as much. i'll never buy this crap again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i dont understand all the hating on this stuff... i love it! it's lasted forever (ok maybe i coulda bought a cheaper brush) but it lasted better than any pencil... i could sleep in it and it would be there in the morning (and not lookin that bad)... i wish it came in smaller sized pots w/a built in brush & i'd be in heaven. it did smear if i put it on my inner lids (bottom) but if i put it only on the inner upper lid (say that ten times fast hah) then i'd get a nice residual play on my bottoms & again.. it always seems to last.
and it an be VERY dramatic if you layer it for a nite look....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Nichele

I love this product! For years I used Cover Girl's self sharpened eyeliners and they always disappeared throughout the day. I tried pencils and thought those were way too abrasive. I tried a few other expensive eyeliners that were a hassle before coming across this product. I love how smoothly the eyeliner goes on, and once it's set after 60 seconds it STAYS on! It doesn't disappear throughout the day, and that's a bonus because I tend to have oily lids. I love this product!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by nora76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Admittedly, it's a very creamy eyeliner that doesn't tug. Easy to apply w/eyeliner brush even without a practiced hand, because it's very blendable and mistakes are easily forgiven with a little smudging and playing around. The little pot does last a very long time so I suppose that makes up for the high price. HOWEVER, I would *not* buy this product again, because the formula doesn't stay -- it fades very quickly to nothingness (especially under lower lashes). This is definitely not a long-wearing/all-day eyeliner.

Shame on me for straying from my HG (Prescriptives Deluxe Eyeliner in Charcoal)!