Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

on 1/9/2010 4:13:00 PM

Deep clean, blows this wash out of the shower. This cleanser is not creamy, it's a thick, repulsive smelling, liquid. I bought this months & months ago, and they should package it in a pump and consider unique looks for each product (I find that Neutrogena's packaging is all very similar).

As for the benefits, at first it brought down one or two. But after a few washes, I found the cleanser lacked. I either found it to be too strong or irritating, or I found it to be too weak when I did have a minor flare up. Mind you, I know products aren't miracle workers. But wow, this was more of a dud 99% of the time. And out of those two statements, most the time it was just down right irritating. Because the product isn't creamy (Mary Kay creamy, deep clean creamy) it had a bad habit of pouring out or vanishing in my shower. It has a flip cap, so the obvious use is to use the cap as the base. That, caused a lot of trouble for me. Instead I found myself sticking the tube upside down between my wash cloth rack.

I can't say this was amazing, great, or good for me personally. It was just a flop. I've started using animal friendly/all natural skin care, and my skin has never been better.

on 11/24/2009 1:34:00 AM

I bought this in the supermarket and it came with the acne scrub free. After four days my my skin was red and blotchy and I found that when I used my normal moisturiser it burned badly. I stopped using the product but over the next few days my skin started to peel and it was clear that this product had chemically burned me, especially on my cheeks and around my mouth. I could only use a very highly moisturising lanolin cream. I am not generally particularly sensitive but would not recommend this to any one who is. I still gave this product 2 stars because it is very cheap, and also I never let anything go to waste and have found it is an ok body wash, hopefully can clear some acne on my chest and back! Ill update to say how that goes. At this stage I dont think id buy it again.

on 11/22/2009 5:01:00 PM

Cleared my skin up within 3 weeks. I will be using this for a very long time. I already used up nearly 2 containers.

on 11/10/2009 10:13:00 AM

So I've used this on and off for a number of years. A friend was staying with me and he had this - I asked to use it and immediately purchased. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin. I'm almost 30 and have battled with my skin for over 15 years. There are certain things that work for some people and don't work for others. I wish there were samples of these drugstore facial cleansers so we could reduce waste when they don't work and we throw them out and also ease our wallets.

I am allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide and find that salycilic acid is much better on my skin - but not everything that has salycilic acid in it works. I don't read ingredient lists. I think it's just a matter of trial and error which is expensive and frustrating. I will say that most facial cleansers do tend to leave skin a bit dry...I use Johnson's baby lotion with a drop or two of Desert Essence Organic Jojoba oil and the dryness disappears. I will take a bit of dryness (that I can ease) if I find a facial cleanser that really cleans and balances my skin!

on 9/20/2009 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Far far this product is my HG face cleanser. I have been using it for about 4 years and have always came back to it. Makes my face feel very clean and fresh. It can be a bit drying but it doesnt really bother me. When i don't use this product on a daily basis, I can feel my face starting to breakout. I need this product and I will continue buying it unless they discontinue or if I find something better. :)

on 9/20/2009 2:55:00 AM

This is truly my HG of cleansers. I LOVE this product and I have been using this particular cleanser for the past 3 years. It cleanses my skin and reduces any breakouts. What more can I say? This works for me.

on 7/31/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was probably the first facial cleanser I have ever used, and it worked very well for me! I also recommended it to one of my close friends, who had mild dryness on her cheeks and nose, and it was also fairly red in the same area. she used it and the next day her face looked 10 times better!

the bad thing is, after a while, i found that it didn't work as well as it used to

on 7/14/2009 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

the product is a good product for oily skin, not combination. left my skin extremely dry , where i started to flake on my nose and cheek. the packing was kind of messy, whenever i opened the cap, the cream would spill right out.

on 6/29/2009 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I never really liked this product. Every time I used it, ALL the oil in my face was removed which wasn't good for my skin. It just caused me to have more breakouts because of all the clogged pores.

on 6/24/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I think it's a nice product that doesn't overdry the skin and is gentle and leaves face feeling fresh.

The only thing is, did nothing for my acne.