July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a fragrance my husband actually likes. when i first sprayed some on my wrist, it smelled as though somebody tried to turn Jovan Musk into a hairspray... because that's exactly what this smells like: musky hairspray. after about an hour, it changes to a mild oriental. it's like... Giorgio Red + Cacharel Anais Anais = Avon Imari w/o the leather drydown of Anais Anais. it's more of a musky oriental than a spicy oriental. actually, it's not very spicy at all and it's a lovely soft smell... so if you've wanted an oriental but have stayed away from them because they're too strong, you might like this. because my husband likes this, it deserves a 5... but one lippy off, because i prefer my orientals spicier and headier.edited to add a lippie--i fell asleep with this on... and it actually turned sweeter and spicier over a few more hours. it's also stronger. i used the body lotion, and sprayed the cologne on about 6:30 last night and right now, it's 11:30 in the morning, and the Imari is still going strong. this is amazing strength/endurance for a cologne!!! IMO, it's right up there with the Cinderellas, like Tabu... Toujours Moi... L'Origan, etc., (all scents that men go ga-ga over). it's a very good buy, and i'm now going to buy the talc, deodorant, and the body wash. btw--i'm 24, so i'm certainly not an old lady. not to mention, my husband, sons, and every single man i've come into contact with while wearing this perfume has complimented the way i smell. so "old lady" scents that have been around forever are around forever with good cause: men adore the scent. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by princesspearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my mother's favorite scent....She wears it everyday. She claims it as her signature scent and It certainly is. Every time I go shopping with her I stop and think to myself, What is that odd odor? and realize it's Imari.....If only she could switch to something else.......we all can dream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I never actually purchased this particular fragrance but I know others who have worn it and all I can say is PEE-UUU. Old grandma stink! I can't stand that! To each their own, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2005 4:19:00 PM More reviews by FashionHound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice scent, very classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by karamy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this 5 lipsticks even though, as others have said, it isn't an exquisite master creation. But it is a very pleasant basic oriental, and deserves a much higher average rating than it currently has...I wouldn't compare it to Opium (which I also like)..it's a different type of oriental: less hot, more soft and airy. More in the category of the classic Maja (NOT the reformulation of Maja), though the scents aren't that similar, I'd put it in that fragrance family. Men like this scent very much. It seems that practically all of the scents that have been around awhile are much-maligned as old-ladyish...well, the most recent creation that I wear is Organza ('96, I think)and I'm 33...not extremely young perhaps, but I've worn the same kind of scents since I was a teenager! Numerous men, many younger than me, have told me that it's refreshing to smell the richer fragrances I wear, as opposed to the synthetic "fresh" scents (dishwashing liquid to me) that teenagers and women striving for youth wear...If you don't look or seem old, your fragrance won't make you seem it! And if you're elderly, dousing yourself in cotton candy or pear won't make you seem youthful...no doubt those will be the "old-lady" scents in a few decades.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the bottle that Imari is in, it smells nice, but I can't wear it. This is the only fragrance that my mother-in-law wears. I tried wearing it but it was like my mother-in-law was with me all day. Not a good thing, the lady gets on my nerves. Too bad, I thought the smell was kinda nice if only my mother-in-law didn't wear it. I hate it when someone wears a fragrance and you can't wear it because it reminds you of them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2005 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hodginswitch

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To be perfectly honest, this smells like someone took perfume and tried to cover up a certain *ahem* bathroom odour. It's terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MarkRepFLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Avon scent will forever remind me of my dear Grandmother, it's her signature scent, she's been wearing and repurchasing since the late 80's. It's really not for me a little too musky and strong I feel it is older more sophiticated and wise scent. If I was ever to purchase this it would solely be to fill me up on good memories of my beloved Grandmother.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by franciepants

This is one of those fragrances that I keep returning to. I find it very floral with that oriental flair. And you don't need a lot. I find it to be soft and somewhat powdery (which I happen to love). So glad Avon still carries it and you can get all the extras as well; shower gel, lotion, skin softener, powder. Will continue to purchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by missamerica32

Not my scent at all. Definately stays with you all day though. I sell Avon & this scent is preferred for women ages 50-70.