Avon Imari

3.1

I just don't like this. I find it quite harsh. Between me and my sister we've bought my mom 6 difference fragrances in the past year alone just so she would give up on this, (goodness does she love it!). So finally a few days ago, one took! And the winning award goes to Dior Addict (blessed be), her new HG! And she even got a compliment on it from some young guy who told her she smells awesome... just like his g-friend... I can only picture my mom blushing after hearing that one LOL, but thank goodness Imari is finally OUT!

on 8/2/2006 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

definetly an old lady scent! Review can be summed up all in all by : OLD LADY SMELL. do not listen to other reviews, simply stated this is an old lady smell, the official and original old lady smell. You know that kinda of weird stale, dusty, smell mixed with potpourri and soap, that you encounter everytime you step into a grandmother's house. TRusT ME DO NOT BUY!!!. Cheap smelling and generic. You will turn into a steriotypical smelling person. If you like this smell, time to turn a new leaf!

on 6/8/2006 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This smell is amazing. :] EEK.

on 4/10/2006 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a sample on ebay. It stinks to me, but everyone has a different liking.

on 2/9/2006 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

this is a fragrance my husband actually likes. when i first sprayed some on my wrist, it smelled as though somebody tried to turn Jovan Musk into a hairspray... because that's exactly what this smells like: musky hairspray. after about an hour, it changes to a mild oriental. it's like... Giorgio Red + Cacharel Anais Anais = Avon Imari w/o the leather drydown of Anais Anais. it's more of a musky oriental than a spicy oriental. actually, it's not very spicy at all and it's a lovely soft smell... so if you've wanted an oriental but have stayed away from them because they're too strong, you might like this. because my husband likes this, it deserves a 5... but one lippy off, because i prefer my orientals spicier and headier.edited to add a lippie--i fell asleep with this on... and it actually turned sweeter and spicier over a few more hours. it's also stronger. i used the body lotion, and sprayed the cologne on about 6:30 last night and right now, it's 11:30 in the morning, and the Imari is still going strong. this is amazing strength/endurance for a cologne!!! IMO, it's right up there with the Cinderellas, like Tabu... Toujours Moi... L'Origan, etc., (all scents that men go ga-ga over). it's a very good buy, and i'm now going to buy the talc, deodorant, and the body wash. btw--i'm 24, so i'm certainly not an old lady. not to mention, my husband, sons, and every single man i've come into contact with while wearing this perfume has complimented the way i smell. so "old lady" scents that have been around forever are around forever with good cause: men adore the scent. continued >>

on 1/10/2006 11:03:00 PM

This is my mother's favorite scent....She wears it everyday. She claims it as her signature scent and It certainly is. Every time I go shopping with her I stop and think to myself, What is that odd odor? and realize it's Imari.....If only she could switch to something else.......we all can dream.

on 12/6/2005 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never actually purchased this particular fragrance but I know others who have worn it and all I can say is PEE-UUU. Old grandma stink! I can't stand that! To each their own, I guess.

on 11/17/2005 4:19:00 PM

Nice scent, very classic.

on 10/11/2005 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm giving this 5 lipsticks even though, as others have said, it isn't an exquisite master creation. But it is a very pleasant basic oriental, and deserves a much higher average rating than it currently has...I wouldn't compare it to Opium (which I also like)..it's a different type of oriental: less hot, more soft and airy. More in the category of the classic Maja (NOT the reformulation of Maja), though the scents aren't that similar, I'd put it in that fragrance family. Men like this scent very much. It seems that practically all of the scents that have been around awhile are much-maligned as old-ladyish...well, the most recent creation that I wear is Organza ('96, I think)and I'm 33...not extremely young perhaps, but I've worn the same kind of scents since I was a teenager! Numerous men, many younger than me, have told me that it's refreshing to smell the richer fragrances I wear, as opposed to the synthetic "fresh" scents (dishwashing liquid to me) that teenagers and women striving for youth wear...If you don't look or seem old, your fragrance won't make you seem it! And if you're elderly, dousing yourself in cotton candy or pear won't make you seem youthful...no doubt those will be the "old-lady" scents in a few decades.

on 9/13/2005 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the bottle that Imari is in, it smells nice, but I can't wear it. This is the only fragrance that my mother-in-law wears. I tried wearing it but it was like my mother-in-law was with me all day. Not a good thing, the lady gets on my nerves. Too bad, I thought the smell was kinda nice if only my mother-in-law didn't wear it. I hate it when someone wears a fragrance and you can't wear it because it reminds you of them.

Popular Fragrances