NARS Nepal

4.3

A soft, sheer, shimmery rose that is quite simply...very pretty and stunning on my brown eyes and FFF cool toned skin. The colour's pretty similar to armani #37. Only problem is i have problems deciding between Nepal and Cairo on some mornings!

on 12/3/2004 6:55:00 PM

Lovely for a daytime eye where you want to look polished and only subtly made-up, not screaming with shimmer. Smooth texture and no whitish cast, like with Stila's eyeshadows. I love to pair it with anything in the Barneys palette (Edie, Ondine, or Ashes to Ashes).

on 10/16/2004 8:46:00 PM

This is a beautiful color - it looks a lot like the middle color in Stila Summer Trio from several years ago.

on 9/1/2004 11:12:00 PM

A nude peach-pink shadow. Works well as a base for a multitude of other colors. It won't blow you away, but you may find yourself reaching for it a lot because it works so well to "prime" the eyes for more exciting colors.

on 8/15/2004 9:40:00 PM

This a beautiful, shimmery brown-toned peachy pink. It shows up surprisingly well on my GGG skin and is gorgeous! I like to wear it alone or as a lid/wash color with other colors (Esp. NARS Java, MAC Espresso or GA #20) in the crease/outer corner. It's a really soft, pretty color that is perfect for almost any setting.

on 6/25/2004 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Great E/S! Shimmery, neutral peach. Excellent on my fair complexion; would probably not show up as well on someone w/a darker skintone.

on 6/10/2004 11:14:00 AM

Enough people have reviewed the color itself, so just look a couple down and they have good descriptions. There's enough beige/taupe in it to look good on the eyes, but enough pink to look fantastic as a blush. This is what I take when I travel light. It gives my cheeks a natural ruddy shade, like I was outside just long enough to get a tiny bit of color, or that I'm excited and I'm actually flushed. Give it a shot, the shimmer isn't really noticeable on my cheeks, just a light glow. cool/neutral PPP, blue, red

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Thought this might be my HG pink but unfortunately it's so sheer it barely shows up on me. A very pretty color but does me no good. I kind of like the black & white rubber package but it gets dirty too quickly. Very disappointing.

on 3/18/2004 10:59:00 AM

I'm torn on this product. It is drop-dead gorgeous, don't get me wrong. But it's SO similar to - GASP - Jane Sungloss! The Nars shade does have a bit more peach to it, so they're not dead ringers. But is that bit 'o peach worth an extra $20 or so? Not sure. I will tell you that I'm wearing Nepal today as a lid wash with brown liner, and it is smashing. Guess I'll buy it again.

on 3/16/2004 9:47:00 PM

This is my HG pink. While I find the consistency of Nars shadows poor compared to Chantecaille, for example, I cannot find such a pretty, complex shade anywhere else. It's just dark enough on my PPP skin to wash from lid to brow without being overpowering. It has a bit of shimmer/sparkle to it, but it's pretty, not cheap. Good for day and night.

Top Rated NARS Products