Kiehl's Creme de Corps

4.1

Aqua/Water, Squalane,Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PPG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, PEG-5 Pentaerythril Ether, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja/Soybean Sterols, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea/Olive Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis/Sweet Almond Oil, Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao/Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin,Butylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Leaf Juice,Cl 75130/Beta-Carotene.

on 11/2/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Top quality stuff, plain and simple. Maybe the best body moisturizer I ever used. Rich, sinks in immidiately and perfectly, really does moisturize.
And now, the bad news. This lotion is simply not affordable, for most of us at least. I can understand a high end perfumed lotion being this expensive (although all my high end perfumed body creams are cheaper than Khiel's); after all it's supposed to be a special treat. However this is a basic, unscented, heavy duty cream for every day. Being this expensive just won't allow most people to buy it and use it on an everyday basis.
It's infuriatingly expensive, and to think Khiel's don't even use proper packaging for this, instead they throw it in a cheap, basic, plastic bottle.
Is this product great? Yup. Is it worth a second mortgage? A big fat nope.

on 10/29/2012 6:59:00 PM

I really like this body lotion even though it is by far the most expensive one I've ever bought.

The texture is thick and creamy but even so, the product gets absorbed by the skin really fast. On the bottle they recommend to wait a few minutes before getting dressed but for me that wasn't even necessary. I usually use it after taking a shower at night and when I wake up the next morning my skin is incredibly smooth and stays that way throughout the entire day. The smell is nice but not overpowering.

The packaging is as minimalist and environmentally friendly (no unnecessary boxes, foils, etc.) as with all Kiehl's products.

If I could afford it I would use this body lotion every single day, especially during the colder months. Because it is quite pricey I alternate with other less expensive products.

on 10/3/2012 11:21:00 AM

I have insanely dry skin. So dry. And as soon as colder weather hits it becomes, red, scaly and angry as well. So I decided to try to get a leg up on it this year and picked up this body lotion on a splurgy trip to Nordstrom. The smell is divine. Like cream and honey. It sinks in fast and doesn't leave me greasy which is a big thing, I hate feeling greasy. In just a few days, my skin looks and feel amazing. This will be on my HG list of lotions from here on out.

on 9/27/2012 7:30:00 AM

i can't really understand the hype of this lotion. it is extremely greasy and leaves my skin feeling really uncomfortable after application.

will NOT purchase again.

on 9/15/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A background of my skin problems: I had childhood eczema on my hands but late last year (after 20 years of absence) it reared its ugly head on the area above my knee. An ugly, fist sized patch of dried skin that kept itching and occasionally bled when I scratched it unknowingly at night :( It is REALLY ugly because it turned dark. I am very fair. NC15 - so it was obvious - and the topical cream from the doctor only kept it from itching but the skin remained unhealed and even swelled up on bad days. I also took antihistamines when I felt an itch coming up but no matter how I tried to stop the itch or stop scratching, the skin just did not heal. No moisturizer or cream worked, and I was religiously moisturizing every day.

I received a 30 ml sample of this in a travel sized pack and I've been using it for the past 4 days. WOW. Is this a miracle in a bottle or what. The skin on my leg has started to HEAL!!! There is a significant difference in the quality of my skin. It still very dry but the swelling is gone, and the dark patch caused by the eczema is fading. Now I'll just keep controlling the itch and hope that Creme de Corps continues to work its magic on my leg. (I'm so happy I found this!!!!!) Yes the price is exorbitant but I would pay for it because it really works wonders!

on 9/10/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best body lotion ever. Worth every penny - No scent, melts into skin, not greasy, skin stays hydrated all day. Even if I skip a day my skin will stay hydrated. I cannot be without this lotion.

on 7/16/2012 3:30:00 PM

Crazily expensive in the UK, but nothing comes close to making my skin as silky as this lotion. I always have a bottle on hand for skin emergencies (or occasions when I want my skin to be extra soft). Sadly I can't justify the price of this for everyday use, no matter how amazing it is. The good news is it works instantly, so even if I've been using a cheaper lotion for a few days, I reap the benefits of upgrading to this as soon as I start using it. However, I'm intrigued to see if my skin would get even better if I used it for 10 days straight as Kiehl's suggest...

on 7/9/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

excellent body moisturizer, maintains skin hydration for 24 hours, excellent for my dry skin!

on 6/17/2012 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not amazing. It doesn't absorbs well, and it's winter where I live. It leaves this greasy film on my skin, although it does moisturize. But I wouldn't reccomend or buy again, since, for the price, it's not worth it to me.
Also, the pump broke and it's a mess to apply.
The smell is great, because it has almost no scent!

on 5/14/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My children got me the great big bottle of this for Mothers' Day. I'd been dropping hints about how much I wanted to try this body lotion. I'll admit it - I'm a sucker for nice body lotions and creams. I love nothing more than indulging/rewarding myself, after I push myself to go to the gym, with great shower products and a smoothing, soothing body lotion afterward. Creme de Corps is deliciously rich and moisturizing and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or itchy afterward. It smooths on luxuriously and moisturizes really well. Like the previous reviewer, I would welcome a light scent (the sort that Sephora's Supreme Body Butter had) but I am planning to decant some of this into a smaller bottle and add a bit of some essential oil to it to get a bit of scent that I like.

I can see that this will be a real mainstay for me come winter, when my skin is so dry and itchy and will really drink this stuff up.