April 23, 2014 | 1078 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kvrolyks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Product didn't seem to do what its made to do. My skin still got oily in my t-zone area. My pores looked just as big after make up was applied. If anything my skin got oilier faster. Would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by cantina2001

This is my HG to cover my pores. I always come back to this. It covers pores very well. You do need to use an oil-control product as part of your skincare routine before makeup. I haven't found a better product yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very enlarged pores. This had been my staple pore minimizer for a few years as at the time there were no other pore minimizers available that I could get being younger and without a credit card (now its hello paypal and internet shopping), however whenever I went out I always noticed in the bathroom mirrors my makeup always looked scary as this product would always settle in my pores and make them so much more obvious. I realised I had 2 problems 1. applying my makeup in our poorly lit bathroom was doing me no favours (so I went and brought a mirror on a stand which lights up it has two sides a normal mirror and a magnifying mirror) and 2. once buying said mirror I realized whilst this pore minimizer filled my pores well kind of like putty it was damn noticeable and just drew attention to my pores more so. Also in my years of using it I could never find a liquid foundation that would go over top of this as it either rubbed off/pilled/made my pores look like craters. I did give this product 1 star because it had very good staying power. Otherwise for me it ended up being more a pore magnifier.
EDIT: the new reformulated version is a lot better, although I think its review is under a different name so that you know its the new version

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SwirlBaby83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited when I tried this in store. Finally found something to fill in those pesky pores on the sides of my nose/cheek area.... was flaky n dry by the time I got home. No bueno, actually made them look worse... so I wasn't too upset when my 3 year old squoze it out on the bathroom floor. and yes Im aware that squeezed is the proper past tense :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by smallNsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited about trying this product because I have visible pores in my t-zone area. I bought it from Sephora and have hardly used it at all.

It doesn't seem to make much difference to my pores and causes my nose to flake.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one did NOTHING for me. I tried it for two weeks, ended up returning it. Not sure why its called pore minimizer. I saw no improvement in my skin or pore apperence.
Don't even waste money on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Ummm....so this did absolutely nothing for me. It actually made it harder to blend in my foundation, did not reduce pores and did not reduce oiliness throughout the day.

Good thing I got this in a swap, because I would be fuming if I had to pay $17.50 for the TINY tube it comes in.

UPDATE: This also broke me out after 2 days use. Boo!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it very, very, very much, I use it alone or under foundation and I love the way it leaves my skin veeery smooth and soft. I will definetly buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've used this primer / pore minimizer on and off for quite a few years now (somehow, they always give me samples of this and I did actually buy a full size last year) and honestly there is better out there. If your pores are just a little noticeable, then this would probably be ok for you.

I have pronounced pores on the sides of my nose and cheek area and while it does minimize them to a degree, they're still obvious.

However, the finish is a nice matte velvet and it doesn't smell funny. Makeup applies effortlessly over it as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

ALERT CHANGED FOURMULA
----old review ...First off I'm going to start out saying I hate clinique.Thier foundations suck. Drug store is probaly better. BUT, I believe this is the best product they have hands down and actually kind of does what it claims unlike thier other products. I mean kind of because in by no means does it make your pores smaller or shrink them BUT it completely fills them in. I have applied it under my makeup and over my makeup. I seem to like it a little more over since my makeup tho.It is a small tube but it actually last a long time since you only need a very small amount. Even after the tube was mostly empty I continued to squeeze the heck out of it and got by for another month. Its nice to even use during the daytime or when your running around if you don't actually want to wear makeup but just want your skin to look smoother and pore free,very nice natural look.Make sure you remove this product very well. I do think I have had a few breakouts from not removing all makeup residue when I have worn this in the past,I'm guessing from all the layers of makeup lol.But now I know. Ilove it!! :)
UPDATE IM NOT SURE IF THEY REFORMULATED THIS BUT THIS DOESNT SEEM AS GOOD UPDATE I RETURNED THIS AND THE CLINIQUE LADY SAID THEY DID REFORMULATE THIS AS I SUSPECTED...WHY WOULD THEY MESS WITH A GOOD THING??I DID LOVE THIS NOT ANYMORE IM TAKING THIS TO 1 LIPPIE NO LONGER 5 AND WILL NOT BUY AGAIN..THE OLDER FORMULA WAS PERFECTION..WATCH AND SEE ALL THE NEW REVIEWS WILL BE BAD NOW THEY CHANGED IT

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No