October 25, 2014 | 1848 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #213 Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I don't know how I'd ever managed to forget I had this brush. It is, as another reviewer pointed out, a soldier. It's soft, but dense enough to do everything I want a single brush to do: it gives me enough color on the lids and browbone, and it's also the perfect brush for crease work on my eyes. I have a crease, but it needs help being defined, and this fits right inside. I absolutely love this brush, and it will never be stored away from my everyday brushes again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kristen87

I'm going to admit it. When I first saw this brush I scoffed at it. "An over-priced fluff brush? Why the hell would I need that?!?" I did my rounds with the other "more interesting" paddle-type brushes first.. the 239.. 272.. 228.. 246.. 242. They each seemed so much more original than the plain ol' fluff.

So like any other relentless MAC addict.. I had to give in and buy it. I received an SE (although full size) one in a swap and someone was selling a regular one for insanely cheap. Still I was yet to be impressed. The SE was a bit more fun as it was less fluffy and more paddle shaped. I just used them for brow highlights and that was it. Again.. not really that impressed. Also at this time.. I was out of my bold makeup phase and strictly doing neutral smokey/retro looks. Suffice to say the eyeliner was the most interesting thing going on.

Anywhoo.. I recently got back into doing brighter looks (trying out the Barbie look of course) and I had to grab it to blend some colours into the lid (normally I use my 239's). I was impressed! It was able to diffuse the colour and blend it well.. while still packing the pigment on pretty well.

Then I started to use it to blend colours out. I have asian eyes.. they're average sized with a crease.. but not a deep crease at all. 224 is a large muddy mess for me. I haven't bought the 222. The 217 is great for blending out edges but too fluffy for anything else. As of recently.. I've been using the 272 for anything remotely crease/non-mobile lid. It had been working well for neutral/brown looks..but come time for the brights I realised how muddy my colours became. Cue time for blending pinks and whites and greens and all of a sudden i was wearing brown again. Strange. So I used the 213 to start blending intermediates on my lid (as before I'd been only using one upper lid colour) and it worked amazingly well. I realised before I'd been pretty much smearing colour everywhere and this brush was definately useful.

I find I prefer the 213SE as it iiis slightly stiffer and flatter for applying shadows (239 but smaller and softer) and the regular size for blending out edges/intermediates. If you can manage to find a 213SE grab it. It's not from a holiday set though and is exactly the same dimensions as my 213 except for the flare of the bristles...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 1:36:00 AM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, HG brush. This gets used and abused everyday. Deposits color evenly, stiff enough to buff into lid. Not stiff to where your thinking "what the hell" but just perfect. I use this to pack e/s to the lid. Haven't used it wet but its my little soldier, I know it would make me proud:D I have bought a backup incase MAC goes out of its mind and Disc. this brush. Completely HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I would repurchase, but see no reason to since i find this a good quality, hardy brush. In fact, it's the only e/s brush i use. Makes e/s application a breeze, and blends well. If you've used cheap brushes before like me, you'll notice the huge difference. A must-have in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

This is a great starter brush if you are just getting into expensive MAC brushes. I saw an immediate difference when I transitioned from Sonia Kashuk brushes to MAC brushes. They are way overpriced, but they more than get the job done. I have come to believe that if you own 100 e/s and own cheap brushes, you have just thrown your money down the drain. The 213 blends pretty well, is soft, and overall does a pretty good job. It is pretty small, so it is not good for washes, but I did find that my eyes looked neater because it allows you to control more where the eye product goes. I mainly use this brush for my lid, and sometimes for my browbone. It works well with both MAC e/s, as well as their pigments. My only con is to first look at the 275, because you may find that the 275 gets the same (or similar) job done, with an added bonus - shading and blending.
EDIT**** This also makes a great concealer brush - blends very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my all time favorite eyeshadow brush. Picks up color great, and not so large you can't control. Perfect for every type of shadow application. Large or small.
I can lay down color, do crease work, do blending. Honestly, this little work horse can do it all. It's your basic fluff brush tapered rounded bristles, soft, perfect size.

There's a reason MAC always includes the SE version of this brush in its palettes, it's the basic. I own like 4 of these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is wayyyy to stiff for my liking but it does apply the shadow to the lid quite well so i think it a good brush overall!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

This is such a nice brush! Its so soft and although I have tons of e/s brushes, I frequently reach for this one! It's also really good for patting on Stila's Shadow Pots. Really, what can I say that hasn't already been said. It's a great little brush and I'm glad I have it. Would definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by AhCapp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this brush at the duty free. I would say that it's a good to use brush because the hair is not too hard and not too soft. It can pick up the just the right amount of eyeshadow for application.

The lady at MAC told me that I can use it to apply eyeshadow along my eye creases, but I think it's too big to do so. However, using it to apply eyeshadow over the eye socket is ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

I love this brush! It is great for packing on color and just applying eyeshadow in general. I would abdolutely purchase again.