October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Ok I see it is not just me who finds this brush super scratchy. It is quite pointy so the scratchiness is emphasized. I also find it too big and too fluffy for blending but would have still been happy to use it if not for the scratchiness. I am really disappointed with it (the only MAC disappointment I have). I am going to try to return it - hopefully MAC will take it back...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by fiafiafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is too big to use as a crease brush for my hooded, small eyes, but it works beautifully as an all-over blending brush! I mainly use this to blend concealer under my eyes and around tiny blemishes, and it really does deliver an airbrushed finish, rather than look caked on.
I'd buy this again, mainly because it does such a good job at blending concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

I've had this brush for 4 years and I've come to realize that this brush is not for me. It's fluffy and yet it can be scratchy sometimes. You can use it to wipe fallout, apply highlighter on your brow bone or to sheer out colors. It's packaging is solid, no loose ferrule. I don't have a crease and I don't use this brush very much. It is better for eye shapes with a crease, especially a deep crease. Stable brush, just not for my eye shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

--- I see there is another 224 reviewed here, but I will put my review under the official MAC naming ---
My 224 says France as place of manufacturing. It is a brush that really changes my makeup results from what I have been used to.
I use it to apply and blend crease colour and to diffuse the colour towards my eyebrows. I FEEL that this brush has great potential, but since I am inexperienced and self-taught I cannot say how good this is.
It picks up colour quite well, no unnecessary eyeshadow picking of e/s fallout and it deposits it in the exact spot I want. Then it is easy to blend,
The bristles are soft and dense and I had no issues of hair fallout yet. I spot-clean it every now and then, and also wash it from time to time. No problem, no bleeding, no shedding, no splaying (guard always on).
I will repurchase if I lost this, but not to have multiples as one is enough for me. All in all necessary but not something thrilling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, the price is horrendous, BUT I had to buy it as soon as I could! Why? Because the price of brushes keeps going up! Anyway, yes, this is a super brush for diffusing colors. It keeps harsh edges away from your lines. It's a little too big for crease work. I have small eyes, so I use the 217 for that. It's really a great brush to have in your arsenal. No regrets buying at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by titee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

blend, blend, blend! this is the must have blending brush! it's perfect for blending out smokey eyes! i dont apply any eyeshadow on it, i just use it for blending. wonderful brush! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for my concealer. It does a good job of blending out the concealer without making it look cakey. Gives a nice airbrush look. However I regret buying it for two reasons. 1. It sheds like crazy even after I washed it 2. It is expensive. I wouldn't mind the cost if it wasn't for the shedding.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blends great but it's scratchy as all get out! I like the MAC 217 much better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by willhe2020

this brush comes in so handy if you do a lot of blending, or if you just need a fluffy brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shusheshe

It's a nice blending brush but I'm taking one lippie off for the price, and worse, it actually sheds/breaks off on my lid when I'm blending.

It's also a tad too big for my small lids, so I won't be buying another one.