April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for my concealer. It does a good job of blending out the concealer without making it look cakey. Gives a nice airbrush look. However I regret buying it for two reasons. 1. It sheds like crazy even after I washed it 2. It is expensive. I wouldn't mind the cost if it wasn't for the shedding.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blends great but it's scratchy as all get out! I like the MAC 217 much better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by willhe2020

this brush comes in so handy if you do a lot of blending, or if you just need a fluffy brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shusheshe

It's a nice blending brush but I'm taking one lippie off for the price, and worse, it actually sheds/breaks off on my lid when I'm blending.

It's also a tad too big for my small lids, so I won't be buying another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGalKayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love my 224! This brush often gets over looked because of the 217 (which is my #1 brush). Even though the two brushes look very similar, they apply color very differently. The 224 is great for putting shadow in your crease (if you want something softer than the 217), but my main use is for highlighting under the brows. It applies just enough color that it catches in the sunlight, but I don't look like a drag queen.

I've also started using the brush for under eye concealer (I use MACs select cover up) and, in my opinion, works better than a traditional concealer brush because it really gets into your fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by prplkat

I bought this brush to be a blending brush without product. It ended up being my main brush. I have hooded lids, so while I like the 222, it has a smaller radius of adding eyeshadow into my crease and I need the color to go into my crease and above to see it at all. The 224 is perfect for that, but if you have smaller lids and want more precise placement, you might want to look into the 222.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It is great for blending out harsh lines and leaving a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 blending brush! Its one of the 1st i ever brought and has lasted me about 8 years now. It has never really shed any hair on me and is extremely soft. Best of all, it does its job beautifully! blends away all harsh lines leaving a flawless eyeshadow application. I would totally repurchase if anything happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new fave!!!' for crease and blend.. What I like about this is that it is soft like 217 but precise like 222 I use this to apply and blend crease fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, my nwest and latest addition finally to my mac brush collection..i love love love it!...I had chose the 217 previously..love it too. The 224 blends like a dream ..it is a tad bit large but it doesnt mess up my blending work. Not recommend it if u have small lids..