July 30, 2014 | 2045 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

--- I see there is another 224 reviewed here, but I will put my review under the official MAC naming ---
My 224 says France as place of manufacturing. It is a brush that really changes my makeup results from what I have been used to.
I use it to apply and blend crease colour and to diffuse the colour towards my eyebrows. I FEEL that this brush has great potential, but since I am inexperienced and self-taught I cannot say how good this is.
It picks up colour quite well, no unnecessary eyeshadow picking of e/s fallout and it deposits it in the exact spot I want. Then it is easy to blend,
The bristles are soft and dense and I had no issues of hair fallout yet. I spot-clean it every now and then, and also wash it from time to time. No problem, no bleeding, no shedding, no splaying (guard always on).
I will repurchase if I lost this, but not to have multiples as one is enough for me. All in all necessary but not something thrilling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, the price is horrendous, BUT I had to buy it as soon as I could! Why? Because the price of brushes keeps going up! Anyway, yes, this is a super brush for diffusing colors. It keeps harsh edges away from your lines. It's a little too big for crease work. I have small eyes, so I use the 217 for that. It's really a great brush to have in your arsenal. No regrets buying at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by titee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

blend, blend, blend! this is the must have blending brush! it's perfect for blending out smokey eyes! i dont apply any eyeshadow on it, i just use it for blending. wonderful brush! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this brush for my concealer. It does a good job of blending out the concealer without making it look cakey. Gives a nice airbrush look. However I regret buying it for two reasons. 1. It sheds like crazy even after I washed it 2. It is expensive. I wouldn't mind the cost if it wasn't for the shedding.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blends great but it's scratchy as all get out! I like the MAC 217 much better

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by willhe2020

this brush comes in so handy if you do a lot of blending, or if you just need a fluffy brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shusheshe

It's a nice blending brush but I'm taking one lippie off for the price, and worse, it actually sheds/breaks off on my lid when I'm blending.

It's also a tad too big for my small lids, so I won't be buying another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGalKayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love my 224! This brush often gets over looked because of the 217 (which is my #1 brush). Even though the two brushes look very similar, they apply color very differently. The 224 is great for putting shadow in your crease (if you want something softer than the 217), but my main use is for highlighting under the brows. It applies just enough color that it catches in the sunlight, but I don't look like a drag queen.

I've also started using the brush for under eye concealer (I use MACs select cover up) and, in my opinion, works better than a traditional concealer brush because it really gets into your fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by prplkat

I bought this brush to be a blending brush without product. It ended up being my main brush. I have hooded lids, so while I like the 222, it has a smaller radius of adding eyeshadow into my crease and I need the color to go into my crease and above to see it at all. The 224 is perfect for that, but if you have smaller lids and want more precise placement, you might want to look into the 222.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It is great for blending out harsh lines and leaving a flawless look.