October 1, 2014 | 993 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by swiftwings

Alot of people don't like this eyeshadows but honestly I love it and would buy it again!
It's a pink/coraly color with gold shimmer.
It has some bad things about it but if you go past them its a really really amazing color!!
Some bad things would be that it has a huge amount of fallout and alone without a colored base its very sheer.
However, i always use rubensque paintpot under this and it ALWAYS looks amazing, and end up showing the color so well. I do have to pack it on, but i think its worth it for the color that you get.
I have a light-medium warm skin tone, brown eyes, brown hair, and I absolutly love this color! always makes my eyes pop!
How I wear it: UDPP all over the eye, rubenesque on the lid, gleam on the lid, trax(purple with gold shimmer) in the crease (lightly) and solar white(pinky white with gold shimmer) as a highlight. If i'm wearing this during the day I like to pack a little bit of blackberry(purple-brown color) on top of trax to tone down the shimmeryness or put a little bit of brule (matte highlight) on top of solar white.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by criz46

I love love the color in the pan (melon/gold/pink) but unfortunately i don't see that color on my lids. Its a lustre so you will see a lot of fallout and glitter. Wish this was a veluxe pearl or frost.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SnookieLex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn over this product. I really want to love it, but with the fallout and lack of pigmentation, I don't think I would buy it again. It gives a lovely shimmery glow, but I have a Smashbox shadow in Golden Orchid that is pretty much a dupe, but has much better pigmentation and hardly any fallout. This is a nice color for a neutral spring/summer look. Maybe I'll change my mind if I try it wet. It is a really nice color :).

Update: I never could get this to work, so I swapped it. I think I'm done with lustre eyeshadows from MAC.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

the color is nice, but i hate this shadow because the fall-out is awful, i end up with more shadow under my eye and on my cheek than on my lid >:-[ ive started avoiding mac shadows that are a 'lustre' finish. ive swapped most of my lustre's already they just have too much fall-out and i dont feel like dealing with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This Lustre shadow has tons of fallout but besides that I cant help but love this shadow.! I love Gleam on the lid, Tempting, a chocolate brown lustre, in the crease, and Nylon, yellow with icy shimmer, as the brow highlight. Rock this with Sunbasque blush and Enchantress lipglass. My favorite summer going out look. Gleam is great and versatile. Just be prepared for shimmer fallout. Lovely color regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by minimiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this colour! It was one of the first MAC eye shadows I bought, and will definitely be buying again! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really Love this color as a base or highlighter for brow bone. Little of this for me goes a long way. It works very well with other colors. Definitely a must have for me with my other MAC shadows. Guess it all really depends on skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this color. It is very pigmented. I usually wear this layered with coppering or a gold color. It is great as a base color, but I would not wear it alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

hmmmm...it's nice in the pan but on lids it spreads into a peachy-pinkish-goldish...thing...i cant really describe the colour. it's nice for everyday neutral look. goes well with brown e/s and eyeliner and can be used as a highlighter for cheekbones...i took off 2 lippies because i expected shine seems to slightly disappear when applied...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by irishprincess24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this shadow...it looks like NOTHING on me. I've been told to use it as a highlight...that looks awful, too. I honestly can't believe all the good reviews saying how this is just as beautiful as it is in the pan. Hate it!