July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by criz46

I love love the color in the pan (melon/gold/pink) but unfortunately i don't see that color on my lids. Its a lustre so you will see a lot of fallout and glitter. Wish this was a veluxe pearl or frost.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SnookieLex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm torn over this product. I really want to love it, but with the fallout and lack of pigmentation, I don't think I would buy it again. It gives a lovely shimmery glow, but I have a Smashbox shadow in Golden Orchid that is pretty much a dupe, but has much better pigmentation and hardly any fallout. This is a nice color for a neutral spring/summer look. Maybe I'll change my mind if I try it wet. It is a really nice color :).

Update: I never could get this to work, so I swapped it. I think I'm done with lustre eyeshadows from MAC.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

the color is nice, but i hate this shadow because the fall-out is awful, i end up with more shadow under my eye and on my cheek than on my lid >:-[ ive started avoiding mac shadows that are a 'lustre' finish. ive swapped most of my lustre's already they just have too much fall-out and i dont feel like dealing with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This Lustre shadow has tons of fallout but besides that I cant help but love this shadow.! I love Gleam on the lid, Tempting, a chocolate brown lustre, in the crease, and Nylon, yellow with icy shimmer, as the brow highlight. Rock this with Sunbasque blush and Enchantress lipglass. My favorite summer going out look. Gleam is great and versatile. Just be prepared for shimmer fallout. Lovely color regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by minimiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this colour! It was one of the first MAC eye shadows I bought, and will definitely be buying again! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really Love this color as a base or highlighter for brow bone. Little of this for me goes a long way. It works very well with other colors. Definitely a must have for me with my other MAC shadows. Guess it all really depends on skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this color. It is very pigmented. I usually wear this layered with coppering or a gold color. It is great as a base color, but I would not wear it alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

hmmmm...it's nice in the pan but on lids it spreads into a peachy-pinkish-goldish...thing...i cant really describe the colour. it's nice for everyday neutral look. goes well with brown e/s and eyeliner and can be used as a highlighter for cheekbones...i took off 2 lippies because i expected shine seems to slightly disappear when applied...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by irishprincess24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this shadow...it looks like NOTHING on me. I've been told to use it as a highlight...that looks awful, too. I honestly can't believe all the good reviews saying how this is just as beautiful as it is in the pan. Hate it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ShadowNuks

The worst MAC shadow I have ever purchased (and I have quite a few). It was a let down because it appeared to have a color reminiscent of MAC's Expensive Pink, with a lighter application.

However, when applied the beautiful color glimpsed in the pan is lost, and what is left is a faint swatch of gold-pink, barely visible to the eye, accented by a copious amount of microglitter. Even with a base and painstaking application, this shadow almost ALWAYS has fallout.

You can attribute this fallout, and gritty texture to the 'lustre' finish of this product, but even compared to other lustres, Gleam is a let-down in regard to pigmentation, texture, and staying-power.
Heartbreaking.