October 21, 2014 | 2083 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, I really didn't like this concealer. The packaging was terrible and it looks very cakey under my eyes. The colour matched well but that was the only thing I liked about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Kuzzie2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first applied this on my skin, I liked it... What i had noticed about an hour or so later made me not really like it. It did get rid of my dark circles, but it gave me under eye lines. I did not apply that much on, so the lines under my eye I was not pleased with. I have fairly pale skin, so I liked how the fair had matched my skintone.. If only I didn't get the heavy lines under the eye I would possibly purchase thsi again... But for 10.00 bucks, not at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by christa365

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The consistency is creamy, and it doesn't dry matte - instead, sort of lotiony. For this reason, it is good for undereye circles, but not so good anywhere that you might break out. The coverage is rather poor, and because it doesn't dry matte, it doesn't give you the ability to continue building. If you try, you end up just pulling off the first layer of concealer. The staying power isn't all that great, either.

But, the color is great (warm, NOT pink), and it does look really natural, and the price is right. If you have the money, though, go for YSL Anti-Cernes. That looks just as natural and gives amazing coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by akd72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I very much wanted to like this concealer, because it stays on so well, but unfortunately it does not work for me.

I found it lasts very well, and coverage was ok (I have got very, very dark circles & couldn't use this just on it's own). I have bought this in light, and whichever way I try, the colour comes out too yellow.
Because I liked the staying power of this concealer I bought Revlon colorstay foundation in Sand Beige (180), but the concealer does not work with it - too yellow. I have tried it with my Rimmel foundation which has got more of a yellow undertone, but my undereye area still looked jaundiced. I have so far always used yellow based concealers, and never had that issue before....

Application wise I found it ok - I found that storing it upright (tip down) for a little while helps with the dispenser working on the first twist. I also have no issues with the sponge tip as I always apply concealers with my fingers.

It can settle into lines, but I just used a tiny amount of eyecream to moisturize the lines under my eyes once it had dried - once it's dry it won't budge anymore! ( a real shame I don't get on with the colour!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was underwhelmed by this product. It provide some coverage for my fairly noticeable dark circles but not enough to really impress me. On the plus side, it didn't crease and was easy to blend. But it wasn't long-lasting - I wear glasses and I noticed that quite a lot came off on the part that presses on either side of my nose. I hate, hate, hate the applicator - I had to turn the click pen many times before any product would come out, and then it would just ooze out way too much. I also don't like the spongy tip. I put a blob on my hand, then used my clean fingers to apply and then blended with a brush. It comes in a very limited range of colours, none of which are suitable for very dark or very pale skin. There are many other really good inexpensive under eye concealers available, so I would give this one a pass. It's not terrible, but it's not worth $10 either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is decent for a drugstore product, and the formula is thick and conceals fairly well. However, this only comes in 3 shades, and it failed to make my skin appear flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lailamox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was not packaged well and did not last very long.
For under my eyes the formula was way too thick and cakey and creased terribly.
The concealer is better for blemishes , but I still find it too thick.
I would not re buy this product nor reccomend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in deep so it would be peachy enough to conceal my moderate dark circles. First of all, PLEASE dispense this on your finger or a brush first because using that sponge tip over and over is going to harvest bacteria. Ew.

Despite the annoying click-pen, sponge tip packaging, the product is okay. It is slightly too dark but I can blend it out. Apply and blend quickly because this dries on the skin fast.

Pros: It lasts all day when set with a powder and does a decent job covering my hereditary dark circles.

Cons: Don't use too much! It will get cakey looking and even uglier when a powder is put on. It can also look a bit orangey so watch out if your skin is more pinkish.

I wouldn't repurchase this though. It's not a great skin match and is really annoying to use when in a rush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I'm NC25 and I bought the light/medium one since you usually need a darker concealer to hide your dark circles. It does an okay job at covering dark circles but it does get cakey and settle into fine lines throughout the day. It's not moisturizing enough I guess.
I actually bought this out of a whim because it was on a sale at RiteAid. I didn't have much expectations and it actually was an okay product overall. I'm still in search for a good concealer for my dry under eye circles!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by missrenaaa

This concealer works well when covering up the circle under my eyes, but to blemishes and redness. Not so much. I wouldn't buy this concealer again.