Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 7/15/2011 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First off, I have really bad dark circles under my eyes!!! I have tried everything to cover them but nothing worked! So I decided to give this a go and have experimented different ways to make it last and not seem cakey/non-lasting.
1. I firstly apply my foundation as normal including under the eyes.
2. Apply eye makeup (except for bottom lashes) and by doing this it gives a chance for the foundation to set and for me to do my eyes.
3. Apply concealer over the foundation! This makes less of the product being used because the foundation is already covering some of it.
I also don't use a brush for concealer but use my index finger to gently dab it on.
4. Apply my mascara to the bottom lashes (also to give the concealer time to set).
5. And finally I gently dab (using my foundation brush) some powder just to make it set and also if needed to further blend it in. This ensures it lasts all day!!! :)

on 7/11/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The packaging on the product is not great. You have to turn the dial to get any product to come up the top to a sponge and, as others have said, you cannot really control the amount. Also, I had to dial up to about the half-way mark before anything would even come out so you are really paying for about 1/2 the product that it appears to be. Does not last all day and cannot build the coverage. I bought 630 light/medium so it was fine for me but did not last. I would not buy again. Still on the hunt for my HG concealer.

on 7/11/2011 3:17:00 PM

This is an okay concealer. It does cover things up, but does end up showing lines. Maybe okay if you are young with no lines/wrinkles. Color seems a bit on the yellow side. The twist up applicator is nice, just have to be careful not to crank too much out at a time. Price is okay. For the money I'd rather get L'Oreal's Touche Magique concealer or the Garnier roller ball one.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this product due to a desperate need for a concealer. I should have researched beforehand, at first the concealer seemed to work effectively but I then realized it was quite cakey and didn't last too long, a couple of hours max. This product is very oily and I believe that it contributed to the increase of breakouts I had after using it for a couple of days.
Also, it is very hard to get the desired amount because if you twist the bottom too much it produces a lot of concealer, so if you purchase, (which i recommend you don't) be careful :)

on 7/5/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gives great coverage however it does not last all day.

on 7/5/2011 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Overall, I really didn't like this concealer. The packaging was terrible and it looks very cakey under my eyes. The colour matched well but that was the only thing I liked about it.

on 6/29/2011 9:05:00 AM

When I first applied this on my skin, I liked it... What i had noticed about an hour or so later made me not really like it. It did get rid of my dark circles, but it gave me under eye lines. I did not apply that much on, so the lines under my eye I was not pleased with. I have fairly pale skin, so I liked how the fair had matched my skintone.. If only I didn't get the heavy lines under the eye I would possibly purchase thsi again... But for 10.00 bucks, not at all.

on 6/15/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The consistency is creamy, and it doesn't dry matte - instead, sort of lotiony. For this reason, it is good for undereye circles, but not so good anywhere that you might break out. The coverage is rather poor, and because it doesn't dry matte, it doesn't give you the ability to continue building. If you try, you end up just pulling off the first layer of concealer. The staying power isn't all that great, either.

But, the color is great (warm, NOT pink), and it does look really natural, and the price is right. If you have the money, though, go for YSL Anti-Cernes. That looks just as natural and gives amazing coverage.

on 5/24/2011 9:11:00 AM

I very much wanted to like this concealer, because it stays on so well, but unfortunately it does not work for me.

I found it lasts very well, and coverage was ok (I have got very, very dark circles & couldn't use this just on it's own). I have bought this in light, and whichever way I try, the colour comes out too yellow.
Because I liked the staying power of this concealer I bought Revlon colorstay foundation in Sand Beige (180), but the concealer does not work with it - too yellow. I have tried it with my Rimmel foundation which has got more of a yellow undertone, but my undereye area still looked jaundiced. I have so far always used yellow based concealers, and never had that issue before....

Application wise I found it ok - I found that storing it upright (tip down) for a little while helps with the dispenser working on the first twist. I also have no issues with the sponge tip as I always apply concealers with my fingers.

It can settle into lines, but I just used a tiny amount of eyecream to moisturize the lines under my eyes once it had dried - once it's dry it won't budge anymore! ( a real shame I don't get on with the colour!)

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I was underwhelmed by this product. It provide some coverage for my fairly noticeable dark circles but not enough to really impress me. On the plus side, it didn't crease and was easy to blend. But it wasn't long-lasting - I wear glasses and I noticed that quite a lot came off on the part that presses on either side of my nose. I hate, hate, hate the applicator - I had to turn the click pen many times before any product would come out, and then it would just ooze out way too much. I also don't like the spongy tip. I put a blob on my hand, then used my clean fingers to apply and then blended with a brush. It comes in a very limited range of colours, none of which are suitable for very dark or very pale skin. There are many other really good inexpensive under eye concealers available, so I would give this one a pass. It's not terrible, but it's not worth $10 either.