April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by christa365

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The consistency is creamy, and it doesn't dry matte - instead, sort of lotiony. For this reason, it is good for undereye circles, but not so good anywhere that you might break out. The coverage is rather poor, and because it doesn't dry matte, it doesn't give you the ability to continue building. If you try, you end up just pulling off the first layer of concealer. The staying power isn't all that great, either.

But, the color is great (warm, NOT pink), and it does look really natural, and the price is right. If you have the money, though, go for YSL Anti-Cernes. That looks just as natural and gives amazing coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by akd72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I very much wanted to like this concealer, because it stays on so well, but unfortunately it does not work for me.

I found it lasts very well, and coverage was ok (I have got very, very dark circles & couldn't use this just on it's own). I have bought this in light, and whichever way I try, the colour comes out too yellow.
Because I liked the staying power of this concealer I bought Revlon colorstay foundation in Sand Beige (180), but the concealer does not work with it - too yellow. I have tried it with my Rimmel foundation which has got more of a yellow undertone, but my undereye area still looked jaundiced. I have so far always used yellow based concealers, and never had that issue before....

Application wise I found it ok - I found that storing it upright (tip down) for a little while helps with the dispenser working on the first twist. I also have no issues with the sponge tip as I always apply concealers with my fingers.

It can settle into lines, but I just used a tiny amount of eyecream to moisturize the lines under my eyes once it had dried - once it's dry it won't budge anymore! ( a real shame I don't get on with the colour!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was underwhelmed by this product. It provide some coverage for my fairly noticeable dark circles but not enough to really impress me. On the plus side, it didn't crease and was easy to blend. But it wasn't long-lasting - I wear glasses and I noticed that quite a lot came off on the part that presses on either side of my nose. I hate, hate, hate the applicator - I had to turn the click pen many times before any product would come out, and then it would just ooze out way too much. I also don't like the spongy tip. I put a blob on my hand, then used my clean fingers to apply and then blended with a brush. It comes in a very limited range of colours, none of which are suitable for very dark or very pale skin. There are many other really good inexpensive under eye concealers available, so I would give this one a pass. It's not terrible, but it's not worth $10 either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is decent for a drugstore product, and the formula is thick and conceals fairly well. However, this only comes in 3 shades, and it failed to make my skin appear flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lailamox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was not packaged well and did not last very long.
For under my eyes the formula was way too thick and cakey and creased terribly.
The concealer is better for blemishes , but I still find it too thick.
I would not re buy this product nor reccomend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in deep so it would be peachy enough to conceal my moderate dark circles. First of all, PLEASE dispense this on your finger or a brush first because using that sponge tip over and over is going to harvest bacteria. Ew.

Despite the annoying click-pen, sponge tip packaging, the product is okay. It is slightly too dark but I can blend it out. Apply and blend quickly because this dries on the skin fast.

Pros: It lasts all day when set with a powder and does a decent job covering my hereditary dark circles.

Cons: Don't use too much! It will get cakey looking and even uglier when a powder is put on. It can also look a bit orangey so watch out if your skin is more pinkish.

I wouldn't repurchase this though. It's not a great skin match and is really annoying to use when in a rush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jesusfrkxpanda

I'm NC25 and I bought the light/medium one since you usually need a darker concealer to hide your dark circles. It does an okay job at covering dark circles but it does get cakey and settle into fine lines throughout the day. It's not moisturizing enough I guess.
I actually bought this out of a whim because it was on a sale at RiteAid. I didn't have much expectations and it actually was an okay product overall. I'm still in search for a good concealer for my dry under eye circles!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by missrenaaa

This concealer works well when covering up the circle under my eyes, but to blemishes and redness. Not so much. I wouldn't buy this concealer again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Under Eye Concealer.
The product itself is GREAT.
Awesome coverage with a very light and smooth finish, doesn't cake or feel heavy at all.
I use for the under eye area and on my face to conceal hyper pigmentation.
I am fair with dark under eye circles and the light/medium shade works wonderfully because its peach tint counteracts the darkness and really brightens up the area.
My biggest problem with this concealer is its awful packaging. First of all, you get very little product for the prize, a ridiculously tiny amount of product if you ask me.
Second, the mechanism is VERY annoying, and it is hard to control how much product will come out. Third, the sponge applicator is practically useless and absorbs too much product. I love Revlon concealers and since I tried the one from their Age Defying line (which has like 10 times more product and costs almost the same as the Colorstay in my country), I'm never going back to Colorstay unless they change the package and they stop being so stingy with the amount of product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by rebe360

Eh. It works fine to cover my under eye circles but the packaging makes it not worth it. I twist the bottom to make it come out, which it does, but several seconds after i twist it and all at once. Also, i noticed some caking. Decent, but i'd like somehting better.