October 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP (Lancome Color ID I-10 C, Teinte Idole Ivoire 2 C) with normal skin to slightly oily skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A light pressed powder for shine/oil/breakout control.

PACKAGE: What can I say? This package is crap. Before Almay had the insane idea to redo their entire line, the case used to be a discreet silvery-gray compact. Not necessarily the flashiest or nicest packaging, but it got the job done w/out calling undue attention to itself. It was sturdy, and I could count on the clasp remaining shut. This new monstrosity is extremely loud in design (bright yellow packaging w/a cheesy ďAĒ on it that tends to scratch off after awhile). Classy. Plus, the clasp DOES NOT STAY SHUT, and Iíve already had this stupid thing spring open on me a few times. Puff applicator is the same as in the last version, which isnít the greatest, but again, it gets the job done.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Very thick, for a pressed powder. This is almost like a powder foundation, in my opinion.

APPLICATION: I used the powder applicator that came with the compact and, using a light hand, applied it all over my face. One thing I can say about this new version is that the chemists at Almay must have made it much more powdery. It felt like I was putting on WAY more product than I was intending to, but it was almost impossible to get it to work any other way.

SMELL: No smell detected.

STAYING POWER: It stays on fairly well, although shine/oil breakthrough was a given. Itís summer right now, so Iíll give this the benefit of the doubt and assume that itíll hold up much better in cooler temperatures.

NATURAL/COLOR?: This is where I want to wring the necks of all the marketing asses at Almay. The color of this powder, after itís applied and mixes with your natural oils, is ORANGE. ORANGE. ORANGE. Plus, theyíve discontinued the translucent version of this powder, which was my absolute baby of DS powders. I have been using that specific shade for over ten years, and they go and have the nads to completely get rid of it. Now, using ďlightĒóthe next lightest shade available since the line redoómy face looks too dark. Iím extremely upset about this development and am now going to have to try to search out a new powder to take the place of my old beloved translucent Almay powder.

SUNSCREEN: None, just like the old version.

IRRITATION/BREAKOUTS: No breakouts, just like w/the old version, which is somewhat chapping my butt. I know Iíll have to go through the entire trial and error crap to find a new powder. Iím so mad at Almay for putting me through this!!!!!!

OVERALL: Perhaps Iím a bit upset, but I hate this new version of Almayís Clear Complexion pressed powder. Itís chalky, unnatural in color, and after a few applications, it starts to also look quite patchy, with buildup in some areas. NOT CUTE! Please, someone from Almay bring back the old formula/colors! This stuff sucks!

INGREDIENTS: All you need to know is that this stuff is crap. Donít try it.

Thanks to Seclusae2 for the layout!
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by NoiselessAudio

Controlled oil and held up well. Had a nice, fine texture, and was light enough but still did not make me look ghost-ee.

The package was durable and held up well - had a nice mirror, not all funky like so many are. The cotton applicator which came with it was nice, but I didn't care for it too much, as it resembled a terrycloth washcloth which is not the best powder applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by AmandaFL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this product until they re-did the line. I went on Almay's website and found that you can replace old products with their new products: http://www.almay.com/pg/help/migrationtool.aspx?catid=100007&catnm=FindIt&subid=0&subnm=FindIt&ignored=104624 I tried the reccomendation, and it just wasn't the same as the original translucent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

the old formula, grey compact, is discontinued!!! Now its in a yellow compact, but they do NOT make the TRANSLUCENT anymore ughh whyyyyyyyy???????? I want translucent!!!! :( its also a new formula advertising "meadowsweet" to help clear skin.......... maybe its good, but I hate when they discontinue my face products, like the almay amazing lasting foundation I used in pale, in conjunction with the clear complexion pressed powder in translucent for 10 years straight , every single day.............. on e bay they are close to $20 for ONE..... I dont wanna pay that!:( the foundations are going for over $20 each

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 4:30:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is pretty decent except when it breaks out, so mostly I just use concealer where I need it & some powder. This one by Almay is really nice because it absorbs oil and leaves my skin looking fresh and shine free, without aggravating break-outs. I use translucent since I don't like heavy, colored powders. It works well with my light skin tone; you can barely even detect it. Decent packaging & good quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by naturalchicgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

its ok. i have really fair skin and the color called light was waaay too dark. i would put it on and then look in the mirror and my face would be orange and my neck, shoulders, and chest would still be really pale. im not sure if theres a lighter shade, but even if there is i wouldn't get it because the product made my skin feel tight and gave me a weird feeling on my forehead, plus it was cakey and powdery. AND it doesn't even control shine! what a rip off. let me change that "ok" at the beginning of my review to a "horrible"!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by orangemjt

Would you buy this again? Yes, if I could find it!!!

I have used this powder in translucent for years, primarily for the color, the blemish healing was a bonus, but I have come to love that about it too. I'm also allergic to most everything, so I always turn to Almay for their hypoallergenic products. They have recently repackaged their entire line and for some reason, decided to stop making the translucent shade only. ??? There is a serious market gap for the ultra-light skinned where foundations, concealers and powders are concerned. Not all women desire tans like Paris Hilton.

And to think it all started when Coco Chanel forgot her hat...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyWilde

Simple, uncomplicated, and very good at doing what powder is supposed to do. Most days, I wear this alone (without foundation). It leaves a smooth, matte finish that doesn't really cover anything (which is fine, because powder isn't about coverage), but makes me look finished and put-together. It doesn't highlight blemishes or flakiness, doesn't cake or shift around, stops shine all day, and hardly ever needs touch-ups! I doubt it does anything to heal blemishes, but it doesn't make me break out any worse, which is good enough for me. Also, I've noticed that when I use this over my eyelids, my eye makeup stays put longer. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I bought this in translucent (before they redid the line). It covers smoothly and controls shine well. I find that it doesn't cake up like many pressed powders do. Overall this is a good product for the price and the compact usually lasts several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2006 2:33:00 AM More reviews by jeeoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The powder itself isn't all that great. It doesn't look completely natural-- kindof dry and um, powdery. However, it's the only powder that I've used that hasn't made me break out. So for that alone, I'm grateful.