Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner - Addiction 018

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/15/2007 6:00:00 AM

Tired of all those "nude" and "neutral" liners that leave you looking orangy or muddy? Finally, a liner for ladies with cool undertones that is everything MAC Spice is for the girls with warmer complexions--subtle, just-a-bit-better-than-you-were-born-with, and infinitely versatile. This liner looks great when you blend it with lip balm for an imperceptible boost of colour, or when applied to the whole lip and then topped with a sheer gloss. Lightly line your lips with this after you've applied dark lip colour--you won't be left with the normal lip liner ring and your lip colour won't bleed or feather.

I love this product despite its having what I think are two, albeit miniscule, shorcomings. First, I suspected that the name "Exaggerate" was meant to imply that this lip liner has lip-plumping properties. The product description on the Rimmel website ("Exaggerate Lip Liner is a soft textured, fine tipped automatic liner that gives full volume color definition to the lips.") seems to confirm this. Although this does make your lips a bit more pronounced, the definition that any liner provides will do the same. I know that many cosmetic companies routinely make far more deceptive claims about their products, but it still kind of irks me that such a good product is being marketed in a misleading fashion. Don't play that game, Rimmel--with this liner you don't need to!
Secondly, I wish this liner had a little more staying power, as I find myself having to reapply slightly more frequently than with other liners. Both these aspects, however, are trivial enough that I don't think they detract from such an outstanding cosmetic.

There is nothing worse than knowing about a great product, but not being able to give it a try because it is prohibitively expensive or not sold where you live.This product has both the (low) price and (ubiquitous) availability that hardly excludes anyone. If you have pink undertones, go out and pick one of these up--I hope it becomes a valuable staple for you like it has for me!

on 6/13/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Study package. Nice nude color. Great if you applied a gloss afterwards. Reasonable price. Will definately purchase again!

This is a great neutral liner, not too brown or grey or dirtlike or pink or orange... These Exaggerate automatic lip liners are creamy, easy to apply, and are high quality. Under 5 bucks, you can afford to experiment. Good staying power. Highly reccomend, you'll be impressed! Get any color, but this one is a good basic one.

on 5/19/2007 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a dupe of MAC Subculture and settled for this. While it's not an exact dupe, it's still a pretty good drugstore product at $4.99. Addiction is slightly rosy while Subculture is more light and peachy, so Addiction is probably a better dupe for MAC Whirl than Subculture. Instead of canceling out the color of my pigmented lips, Addiction matches it, so I don't quite get a nude lip look out if this, but it's still a nice and creamy lipliner. I also like the automatic pencil-like packaging that doesn't require sharpening. If you're looking for a gloss liner in a shade similar to Addiction, try Rimmel lip vinyl liner in Tasty. It's almost the same as Addiction but in a gel-like consistency that goes better with lip glosses.

on 4/19/2007 11:37:00 PM

The perfect lighter nude lipliner -- no nasty undertones of brown, grey, or orange, just a nice beigey-pink nude. This is an automatic lipliner (no sharpening) by the way. Great pigmentation, doesn't crumble or flake, good packaging. Goes great with Revlon Nude Lustre lip gloss, among many other colors. I'm glad to see MUA'ers love it. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/27/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

when worn alone, i think this shade is too warm for my cool tones. w/ my cool tones... it applied a lil brick brown. however, worn w/ nars chelsea girls (pinky nude shade)... i'm able to get a polished pinky brown lips i've been searching high and low for.

on 1/14/2007 9:14:00 PM

The consistency and quality of this lip liner is the best I've used. It's creamy going on, but stays put if you put lip gloss over it. This color is brownish-peach (to me), but I think it's a bit too brown and warm to be a neutral for my lips, but I still think it's a great product and will use it if I want a darker lip. I think Wild Clover would be a better choice as a neutral for my lips, so I'll try that.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

THE BEST LIPLINER!! I love this stuff...my makeup feels "incomplete" without it. I never used to use lipliner much until I found this...it's very natural-looking and my lips look fuller and more polished with this liner on. I use it as a base for practically every lipgloss or lipstick I use. Or, even with lipbalm. And it's super cheap. Sadly, my Target doesn't seem to be stocking Rimmel products anymore...I found this recently at Walmart.

Go get it!

on 11/21/2006 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It was too light in color for my lips. I am Native American, so the just disappeared on my lips like nothing was there. It also had a terrible petroleum taste to it. I really dislike that when that happens. Taste is rather important to me in anything on my lips. I immediately removed it. I had previously a few years ago purchased highly praised mascara from Rimmel and I had a terribly reaction to it. I put it on and it my eyes burned and tears started flowing. A little too harsh for me! I think you've got to want to suffer for beauty to wear this stuff.

I love this!I purchased this liner based on MUAer meandering's many raves about it on the mu board.Well it's a *perfect* nude,just as she said it was.These glide on without any tugging,have a nice amount of pigmentation,and stay in place without any bleeding or feathering.Exaggerate lipliners are 'automatic',or self-sharpening lipliners,i.e. you never sharpen,you just swivel it whenever the tip wears down and more product comes up.You can't get a better lipliner for the price.Or,for that matter,anywhere!I can't wait to try other colors.

Popular Lip Liners