October 1, 2014 | 1810 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara based on Paula Begoun's latest edition of Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Also, I was sucked in to a CVS sale :) I followed the directions and applied it without letting the first layer dry before I reapplied to the same lashes. On my other set of lashes I put Maybelline Turbo Boost 7X (also rated highly in Paula's book). I applied my new mascaras around 11:00 and went to work out in the garage. It was a 99% humidity day with the temperature hovering around 95. I know this probably isn't a fair test but I want to know if a mascara is going to work in high humidity with sweat coming down my face before I attempt to wear it on a grueling work day. Yes, I could have purchased waterproof, but eh I hate the pulling and tugging to get it off.

About three hours later, I come inside the house and my Sky High Curves eye has flakes coming off on the lower lid. The Turbo Boost eye was still going strong. It did apply nicely and my lashes did gain volume but I didn't see anything remotely curvaceous about it. It is an ok mascara but I will probably not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by im_luvin_ya_mwa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i dont get the bad reviews! ah maybe mascara is just an individual thing, but personally, i really love this mascara. my mum brought it for herself, but she's really lazy and doesn't use any mascara that doesn't come off in the little tubes with water, coz she doesn't wear any other makeup so why buy makeup remover? anyway, she didnt want it so she gave it to me and ive been using it on-off for a while and really like it, it adds length to my lashes and well as thickening them. i hate that she brought the black/brown though, as i like an intense black mascara as i have dark hair and black eyebrows. i like dark, big eyelashes as i feel my long curly eyelashes are the only standout on an otherwise boring face! lol, i really like this mascara, but ive only given it four lippies because i go through mascaras heaps (i have about half a dozen at the moment) and they all do similar things, i want to find one that makes them super huge!
    :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lolajade

This is perfect for everyday lashes for work! I have been using this for 2 years now, and I continue to have no problems with smudging or flaking.
    It doesn't give your lashes that "extreme" curl, but it does help hold your curl! My short, thin lashes look somewhat longer.. but it could still use some help in the volume department.
    Even without using the waterproof formula, it still doesn't run in the rain!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by myvee

I bought this mascara in the waterproof version. I have to say that I really do love this mascara. I have pin straight asian eyelashes. I curl my lashes carefully, making sure that there's no straight lashes in site, and then I apply this mascara. The curl of my eyelashes stays! Even after working out and sweating like a pig, my eyelashes are still curled beautifully and no sign of flaking or smudging for me. This mascara doesn't not wilt or make my eyelashes droop down. But the only thing that I do not like about this mascara is that it feel very dry but I'm guessing this is because I'm using the waterproof kind. I still have to try the regular version of this mascara to give a full review on the whole product. But I honestly would tell you to give this a try, it's a drugstore brand makeup so it's worth a shot since it doesn't cost a fortune. But everybody is different and you just have to try around different kinds and brands of mascaras to find your perfect one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by pizdamomma

WOW. I don't know why this product doesn't have higher reviews. I have the waterproof one that comes in the light blue packaging. I have tried way too many mascaras... from the most expensive (mac, lancome, trish etc) to the cheaper drug store ones, and this is the only one that works for me. My lashes are short and straight, so I must curl before applying. Sky high, darkens, lengthens and curls my lashes beautiful-y. All other mascaras I've used left my lashes straight and blahh (even after curling!) This is definitely the only mascara that I will ever purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I pulled out the applicator, I was mildly shocked because the brush didn't seem to have a lot on it. But when I put it on my medium length (pre curled) Asian lashes, I noticed the length it gave.

YOU MUST WAIT FOR IT TO DRY A BIT BEFORE THE "CURL" PART OF THE MASCARA KICKS IN.

I loved the curl it gave, but the mascara is made my lashes look so sparse. So I like to pair it with another mascara to give it volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

I was so disappointed in this. I wanted to believe that a mascara really could give me sky high curves and length! But this one did not. It got very clumpy almost as soon as I put it on, and using a lash comb didn't seem to help. It flaked and smeared, and basically did all the stuff a good mascara should not do! Didn't lengthen or curl one bit. This one is headed for the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is probably one of the worst mascara that I've tried. It doesn't hold a curl, as it advertises (though really, not a lot of mascara can do that for me), and it clumps like CRAZY. I have medium-length, black, straight Asian lashes, and I must say by the end of this I have about four for five clumps of lashes. It's disgusting, and I really don't want to bother with an eyelash comb. I have found better mascaras at the same price that work better (eg Maybelline Full n' Soft). I really tried with this product, I really did. I tried using it for a month, but it would just end up looking ugh.

However, I did give this three stars because a friend of mine uses this product too, and she has gorgeous lashes. Mascara really IS a personal thing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't say that this is the worst mascara I've ever tried; that honor is reserved currently for the pink and green tube of doom.

However, I will say that it was a huge disappointment. Considering the fact that they sell it based on it's theoretical ability to create or hold a curl, the fact that it does neither is very irritating. I tried it without curling first, and it was just your average cheap mascara: a little (but not horribly) clumpy, a little bit of volume, no real length. A second coat offered no particular improvement in either curl or volume. I went to toss the tube then, since it didn't do what I thought it should, but... "Wait," I thought to myself, "you're not going to give the stuff a bad review without trying everything you can to make it work, are you? That would just be rude." So the next day, I curled my lashes and added my favorite mascara base, Lancome's Cils Booster, before applying this stuff again. Somehow, this mascara, which is supposed to be about curves... killed the curl I had just put in.

So yes, then it hit the trash, because I have more than enough decent mascara sitting around, and even a few truly good ones. I have no reason to keep a bad one around. continued >>