August 27, 2014 | 1946 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Well, I'm a recovering Ouidad addict who bought into the idea of specialized products and a salon for people with curly hair. And yes, I've had several of those specialized "carve and slice" haircuts, too. Conclusion? Meh. It's all hype as far as I'm concerned. I have wavy/frizzy, thick hair that can be coaxed into curl with the right cut and products, or blown-out and straightened poker straight. Humidity is my hair's biggest enemy. This product, which can supposedly do the job as a curl gel and a straightening one, is mediocre at both. I've found Run-of-the-mill drugstore stuff (for me, the L'Oreal gel for curly hair) works better. Don;'t get me wrong - this stuff works to coax in the curl, but it doesn't control frizz as much as I would like. Extra couple of lippies off for being so pricey and hyped, when a $5 product works just as well or better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know this is the HG for a lot of curly heads, but this stuff just doesn't work for me. I've tried it on and off over the years, and I must be doing something wrong. It makes my scalp itch and leaves my curls with the weirdest texture and feel, almost like plastic. I have better results using drugstore gel or mousse.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mldavis79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know a lot of people rave about this product, but I just don't get it. I wanted to like this gel, I really did, but it just didn't work for me. Every time I used it, it seemed like my hair just wouldn't dry. It left my curls super crunchy and they appeared "wet" all day long. It definitely cured the frizz, but that's only b/c my hair was extremely hard. Who knows, maybe I applied the gel all wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Poohbear9796

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse, very curly hair. An ex-coworker of mine told me about Ouidad, and I am absolutely indebted to her. I have been using Ouidad's products for 7 years and will not even think about using anything else. I started with the this product and from there started with the "Tame" line of products. I briefly tried the "Quench" line, but found that the "Tame" line worked much better for my curls. It did, however, take at least 2 months of continuous use of the shampoo and conditioner before I saw a dramatic results. For me, this is it!!!! Wonder if anyone has gone to one of Ouidad's salons and gotten the "Carving & Slicing"? Let me know, I'd be interested to know how it came out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by kim38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wasn't sure if I was going to like this product and I was afraid that it might weigh down my fine, thin curls, but it didn't at all. This is a really great product for naturally curly hair. I have absolutely no frizz whatsoever. This product does exactly what it says it will. It really works - so paying the extra $$$ doesn't bother me, because I have wasted so much money in the past on products that don't do as they claim. I will continue to buy this product and recommend it. It is especially good now that the weather is getting really humid. You should definitely try this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

generally not too impressed. did strange things to my hair and i suspect it's given me, on multiple occasions, some kind of bizzare irritation on my forehead and sides of face. not the worst stuff, but for the price, should have been much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Rida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about the frizz control of this product but for those who wanna where a straight style this is an excellent heat protector. It gives the hair an unbelievable shine and it feels like silk when your done styling. I love it for straight styles, as a hair gel for wet stlyes it doesnt do very much for me. This was why I originally bought the product, to wear my hair wet and give the waves some definition but it's just not for my hair type when it comes to that. I was happy to see that the directions also let you know that it was a dual purpose product, so for those of you with curly hair that wanna go straight sometimes, and/or didnt like this product for your curls, give it a try for your straight styles. You might be pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

Nothing can beat the performance of this product for my naturally curly hair. I first use Balancing Rinse as a leave-in, and follow with this. It does have a wet or crunchy look when it first dries, but you're going to get this with almost any curl enhancing product. I just run my hands over it in the ponytail method, and I get the best soft bouncy spiral curls I've ever been able to achieve with any other products... and I'm a product junkie.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2006 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Lgrieco

I have coarse hair that I get chemically relaxed. I normally blowdry and flat iron/curl iron. Whenever I need to give it a break I let it air dry, and it turns very curly/nappy. This gel gives my hair control. A little goes a long way. I apply it mostly to the ends, otherwise I find that it weighs my hair down too much. But it really does keep the frizzies away! I like to mix in a little glossing serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a staple for me, probably my favorite hair product. I can't live without it even in the winter when it's not humid. I use a diffuser to dry my curls so it helps my hair stay soft and not frizzy. I follow this product with Paul Mitchell Styling Foam.

Recently I tried mixing this gel with the Ouidad Shine Hair Glaze (just a small amount) and I really like that combo.