April 20, 2014 | 1730 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by perfectknight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great shadow for smoky eyes. I don't use this very often, but when I want a very dramatic eye, this is what I reach for. It layers pretty well, so you can put in lightly for a more grey look or put on more to make it pitch black. The glitter looks very chunky in the package, but I barely see it when it's on. It does tend to get all over the place when I use it. I keep a tissue on my cheek when I apply, otherwise I end up with black smudges when I wipe away the fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lovewaxberry

one colour that made me love smokey eyes!
I bought it in the ammo palette and found out I could not live with it in my makeup when I try to do smokey eyes! A little bit of it shows a lot of color, and so is the other colors too.(that what made me buy this palette)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

seriously sexy badass black! i use this to intensify my liner, its so beautiful and stays put!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by DarkAngel82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great, shimmery, black eyeshadow. It has pretty good staying power. Unfortunately, the sparkles often fall onto your cheeks while applying the shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Love oil slick. It's such a pretty nicely pigmented dark black with lots of silver glitter flecks. Only a little is needed for it to show and blends very well. The only problem is the shadow fallout, UD's glittery shadows tend to fallout a lot, but their more matted or non-glitter shadows are just perfect. A great substitute for Ud's oil slick is Ulta's galaxy which is a darker black with less fallout and tons of pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by DiorAddikt

Great eyeshadow, doesnt leave u looking like a goth and stays on all night

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I know there are some people complaining about fallout, but I've NEVER seen a black shadow that doesn't have any fallout, and all things considered, Oilslick is far from the worst offender. The glitter is chunkier than the sparkles you'd see in Mac's Black Tied, but it's not nearly as chunky as some of the other Urban Decay shadows that tend to have glitter that gets all over the place (Uzi, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, etc.) - I find the glitter in Oilslick to be a perfect happy medium between the subtle sparkles of Black Tied and and the large chunks of Uzi. That being said, there is a bit of fallout, as is the case with pretty much any dark shadow, but if you use a base (MAC shadesticks in my case), fallout is kept to a minimum. I didn't have any problem with additional fallout after I cleaned up the initial fallout from when I was first applying it. I wore this stuff to an all-night party, and 12 hours later, it was still going strong and I didn't have any sort of unwelcome raccoon eye effects going on. A little bit of glitter escaped over the course of the evening, but not a whole lot, and it looked kind of neat. I have no complaints about this product at all. It's very high quality, easy to work with, goes on true black as opposed to grey, doesn't have the dusty chalky effect that many black shadows tend to have, and I'll definitely be buying it again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by clamster

I usually use this to line my eyes with mac brush 166(which I love) When I do line with this it's really nice cause it looks smokey and sexy. With most blacks it is hard to removie fall out but this is pretty easy to work with. It last a long time and looks great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of the UD Ammo Palette but I do like it well enough to purchase separately when I have finished this one in palette. Medium black and shimmery w/some glitter is the way I would describe this e/s. This is a good quality shadow - like most of the UD shadows it does have some glitter so for those of you who do not like glittery shadows, you may want to pass on this one. The texture is nice & it is long wearing. I use this mostly as an eyeliner & it looks great adding definition and shimmer. It makes my eyes really pop. This one is a winner for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by robindw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in the skull shadow box and love it!

I like to put a dark layer along my upper lashline, a light layer on the lid itself, then blend a brighter colour on top either with a sponge applicator or my finger. Then I line my eyes with a liquid liner. Makes for an infinite number of gorgeous, glimmering colours.

I use it pretty much every day but I get very different looks depending on what colours I blend it with or how heavily I put it on. The glitter makes it very versatile, believe it or not. It also lasts all day. Unlike with Midnight Cowboy Rides again, I have no problems with the glitter falling onto my cheeks with Oil Slick.

It's my absolute favourite eyeshadow!