MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.6

on 6/15/2011 10:45:00 AM

This color is not one I would never have bought from looking at it, but a make up artist friend recommended it to me a couple years ago, and I wear it almost daily. Its quite incredible. As some other reviewers said, its not tan like these pictures, I wouldn't even call it a "soft brown.'' Its a browny neutral with a dash of burnt orangey peach. Just a little bit in the crease and outer 2/3rds of lid brings out my eyes (dark brown eyes/bright blonde hair). When Im in a rush, this and some mascara will do it for eyes. (Okay maybe a dash of liquid liner, Im so predictable).

Also, the color is quite pigmented, I have had the same pan for ages and its still going. Highly recommended!!

on 6/2/2011 4:19:00 PM

I use this color daily. It can be used for almost any look, for everyday I use it as a crease color and when im doing a night look I use it for blending. I think this color is a must have!

on 5/23/2011 4:54:00 AM

A fantastic transition colour, I use this almost every day! It's actually kind of a peachy-brown, it's not as tan as it appears. But it's an excellent transition crease colour and is great for blending into a smokey eye. It helps add depth and dimension. It's light enough to be a lid colour but that's not something I use it for. It looks underwhelming in the pan but I encourage giving it a chance, it's quickly become an everyday staple for me.

on 5/16/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Soft Brown pulls peach on me, which I don't like, BUT if I put if lightly in my crease with Brule on the lid and brows, the peach barely shows when my eyes are open and it just gives a slight warmth to my eyes and makes my big brown eyes really stand out. I'm Asian with lt-med skin and yellow undertones.

on 5/10/2011 3:46:00 PM

another one of the colors that pretty much goes with EVERY eye shadows !

on 4/6/2011 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really like this e/s. It looks kind of boring but it makes all the difference when you're trying to blend (especially a smokey eye!) and add definition. I'm around an NC35-40 and this really helps blend other e/s. Will buy this again when I run out!

on 3/15/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this as my crease color with honesty and I found I prefer it as just a lid color! To me I see a bit of an orange color but I love it! It is not a light brown so if you want that don't waste your money I would go with Omega or Mulch. I really like this!

on 1/17/2011 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Soft brown is my everyday lid color. The nam is misleading because it's not brown but peachy beige. It goes on smooth and last all day with a primer. It's a great staple.

on 1/10/2011 8:30:00 PM

I had this color for a while, I never get to use it, but recently I've been using it to make my smokey eyes even or I pair it with brule, this is a good transition color or just for everyday use, not too harsh and only gives a neutral look. It's not on my ignore list anymore because I use it almost everyday!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first I hated this color because its not brown at all its peachy and I have dark NC50 complextion. However I watched a youtuber and she used it as a lid color with goldmine and handwritten and it looked great. Actually this is my everyday look minus the goldmine and plus swiss chocolate.

Top Rated MAC Products