September 1, 2014 | 1039 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick (all shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received the Voluptuous Violet chubby stick as part of a Clinique free gift and was a bit perturbed by the dark purple shade, but the colour is very sheer and turns my lips a soft grape-y sort of purple, like I was interrupted eating a grape lollypop. It goes on very nice and smooth and feels very hydrating, though it actually tended to leave my lips slightly drier than they were before I put it on. Your natural lip colour will definitely affect the shade it becomes. I liked it but probably would not buy another one or repurchase as I prefer more pigmented lip products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by visee

The Chubby Stick formula is nice and moisturizing and feels almost weightless on my lips. I chose "10 Bountiful Blush" which turned out to be a sheer brownish pink that disappears into my lips and looks rather blah on me. The packaging is functional and cute, but is rather large for something that contains so little product. For the amount, it is also rather expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by srao92

I'm a total makeup noob so I really crave easy-to-use products that'll make my dull face pop when I'm looking to impress. This product will satisfy the most novice among us! It'll add a lovely dash of colour and just lift your face. Choosing a suitable colour is no problem because there are a range of superb shades which you can try.

I purchased this product because I love adding colour to my lips, but I find regular lipsticks settle into my dry skin - despite my attempts to exfoliate. This product thankfully avoids that and has great pigementation - which you can layer if you are going for drama!

I have to say however, that the moisturising power of this product is not as great as your everyday lip balm, hence only 4 lippies. However, this product is a great alternative to those of us who have sandpaper for lips but don't want to give up lipsticks!

The product is pretty light weight and portable. I have not had any problems with the cap coming off when it's in my purse. What I do take issue with is that the product doesn't completly retract into the tube, I always have to be careful when removing the lid so I don't break off the top bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of these butI resisted buying them for a long time and was pretty happy with the Revlon ones. Recently I bought two of these from clinique.com. I love the formula, the color, and the customer service but will not be repurchasing these. The packaging is TERRIBLE. One of them (Mightiest Maraschino) arrived damaged. The customer service representative was fantastic when I called and she sent out a replacement. The replacement is now damaged because the top WILL NOT STAY ON. I like to carry my lip products in a makeup bag in my purse and every couple of days the top comes off and stains everything. I am not carrying these anymore so that means that I am not using them. I will stick to the Revlon ones which seem sturdier to carry around.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have three of these and plan on getting more in the future! I love how they feel on my lips. Sometimes lip balms/lipsticks make me feel like my lips can't breathe, but this one doesn't! I have whoppin watermelon, whole lotta honey and curviest caramel. My favorite of the bunch is definitely whoppin watermelon. It adds a subtle pink to my lips and looks natural. Curviest caramel came off a little pinker than I expected since the container color was brownish. Whole lotta honey was a tad bit too sheer for my liking, but still looks great! I docked a star because I think the colors could be somewhat more pigmented, but I'm definitely satisfied overall because I tend to like more natural lips.

The price is kind of expensive, but I think you get the quality you pay for. High end lipsticks tend to run around the same price as the chubby sticks. Revlon lipbutters definitely come close to quality for less than half the price, but I like the formula and packaging of these chubby sticks more.

I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by emilyprinci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS! It makes my lips colourful and mosterized.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by IsisMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this chubby stick. I have the color super strawberry and it looks very good with my skin color. It feels very moisturizing and makes my lips look a bit fuller. I would definitely want to try the other colors also. Im very happy with this lipbalm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I am addicted to these! I have it in 5 shades but I reach the most for mega melon which is a my lips but better color, and whole lotta honey which is the perfect nude. My lips are dry and these give them the moisture they need. I don't mind they don't stay long, because I enjoy carrying them with me snd renew when ever needed. I also love that the color is sheer, and think it is perfect for those who are afraid of lipsticks or intense color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had this in helping hazelnut and returned it. I love the concept it's so fun to apply the chubby sticks. Grown up crayons! Anyways. I definitely picked the wrong shade. It's turned my very pink pigmented lips an ugly brown. Even so. The formula is a huge turn off for me. It made my lips peel even after I had exfoliated. Not worth the money. I might try the revlon ones instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by demmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just purchased one of the new Chubby Stick Intense pencils in Curviest Caramel. It is absolutely gorgeous, the ideal MLBB shade for my NC15 skin. I also own the original Chubby Sticks in Mega Melon, Whopping Watermelon, Chunky Cherry, Heaping Hazelnut and Pudgy Peony. It's safe to say I love these, I've even re-purchased Mega Melon and Whopping Watermelon. It's safe to say I love this range. I've had no issues with these melting even in 40°+ (104 Fahrenheit) heat here in Australia.