Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 1/20/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I first started seeing lipstick "pencils" like these, they were ones that had to be sharpened and I was, like, "No WAY. It's messy enough sharpening eyeliner pencils and they're not as soft as lipsticks. NO WAY". But then I saw these twist up Chuppy Sticks from Clinique. I bought one in Roomiest Rose (which I think is one of the "Intense" shades) and I have to say that I really like the colour and I like the ease of application - I don't even need a mirror and I can put these on in class - actually while I'm TEACHING my classes - because they're almost as easy to apply as lip balm. I do wish these lasted a bit longer on the lips. And I really dislike the stupid alliterative names (sorry, Clinique - they're not cute-sounding; they're just DUMB). But I do like this product because, like I say, is as easy to swipe on as a colourless balm but it leaves a very pretty shade on the lips and feels very moisturizing and nice. I'll certainly buy a backup or 2 of the Roomiest Rose shade (I need one to keep at the front of my class, in my counter, and one for purse/gym bag, etc.). And there are a few other really nice shades I'll be trying in spite of the daft names (honestly, Pudgy Peony? Curvy Candy? - silly)

on 1/17/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased in the all graped up color. I love the color. This also has a great moisturizing consistency. It does not stay on good and is gone within the hour. Also, the chubby stick makes it look like you get a lot of product, when in actuality, you get about 1/2 inch of product. Very expensive for the amount of product that you get. Neutrogena has almost the exact same product for half the price. Will not repurchase.

on 1/9/2014 5:21:00 AM

I've been using this product for three months and I really love it; the color is vibrant and it's very moisturizing and feels great on your lips. I find that it lasts decently well in comparison to other products; I get about three good hours and it fades off nicely without having the product just disappear in the center of my lips after drinking.

I would like to add that I have only tried the chubby stick intense and not the plain moisturizing version.

on 1/5/2014 8:41:00 AM

Clinique chubby stick-What is all the fuss? Just another lip balm really. Expensive too! , Need to reapply hourly even without eating. Yes it is moisturizing but for 17 dollars you can do better. Also stick is really too big for a pants pocket yet not very much product. Revlon Just Bitten got poor reviews-why? Own both and they are really the same product. Actually Revlon lasts longer!

on 1/4/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually own a couple of these; one was a sample and the other I bought for myself. I have to say that it's one of my favorite kind of lipsticks. It's smooth and sheer, with just enough color and translucency to flatter most skintones. I found color faded after about two hours, but only a little; after that, it seemed like I lost color more quickly. I needed to reapply after about three hours, but that's not a big deal to me; I happen to talk, eat, and drink frequently. Another thing I really like about this product is how rarely I get clumps of dead skin coated in color. I would rather dead skin stay unnoticeable. Overall, I would recommend the chubby stick to anyone that is looking for a sheer lipstick that is almost like a tint. My lips remained moisturized, so I was happy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like it but i feel like its not unique. You can find so many cheaper alternatives at the drugstore that are just as good, if not better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well for me it was not good nor bad i have the one in pudgy peony for $15 at Clinique.to me it was simply just a normal lipstick you could get at any old drugstore.it was pretty pigmented though.i don't think I would PERSONALLY buy it again but you can still check it out if you'd like.

on 12/31/2013 4:52:00 PM

The product itself is brilliant. It's translucent balm. I have seen others complain about pigmentation, however it is by no way meant to substitute for lipstick. It's is soo nourishing. Lips are so soft, and shinny without the sticky mess of gloss and the tacky feeling when you move your lips. However the amount of this fabulous product in the tube a disgraceful. If the tube was filled it would definitely be worth the money. I've been using it for 4 days now and I can't see it lasting another 4! Maybe another 1. Product 10/10 cliniques efforts at deception 10/10 value for money 1/10 . I'd only repurchase if they put more than double what's in it into the pencil barrell

on 12/31/2013 12:22:00 AM

I looooove this chubby stick, the texture is great and the application is easy to put it on.
staying power is about 4 hrs for me after drink/eat
it moisturize your lip preeettyy good! but you have to scrub your lips before you put it on, because sometimes it makes the lip dry and flaky during cold/winter/windy days.

the only thing I don't like about is after a few month the chubby stick began to smell a little bit like those "lipstick" smell.
otherwise, good purchase

on 12/25/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Not amazed by this product. I found it was too creamy to be a crayon but too thin to be a lipstick. I like moisturising lip products with colour that are not as intense as lipstick, but this one went on unevenly. Two lipsticks for the great colour range (I got Chunky Cherry) and it didn't dry out my lips.

Popular Lipsticks