January 30, 2015 | 1511 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Moisturizing Remover for waterproof Eye Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for the first time today and I had no trouble removing my makeup! It's a great item for travel, small and easily fits into my travel bag. Not harsh on my eyes (other products have irritated my eyes like crazy), but I really had a lot of luck with this! I'll probably repurchase! : )

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mintch0colate

It is amazingly greasy and it takes forever to get off waterproof eye makeup. I tried my friend's lancom eye makeup remover and I recently bought the ELF eye makeup remover pads and they both work so much better than this product. The product also gets into my eyes and causes them to be blurry for a long time, just..do not buy this product if you love your eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I have to say that the only thing that I really like about this product is the cute little bottle that it comes in. Other than that, it is pretty ineffective as an eye makeup remover.
Last night I used it to remove my eye makeup and it really felt like a chore. It took a little more effort than I'm used to just to get my mascara off. I even wiped excess product off with a dry tissue when I was done to ensure that I had gotten it all off. I thought I had gotten it all off, but the next morning I had dark circles under my eyes. I was perplexed since I had gotten a good night's sleep...why did I have dark circles?? Well, I finally realized that the dark circles were actually the residue of this eye makeup remover plus left over eye makeup!! I have to tell you, I was a little bit disgusted by that. My old eye makeup remover NEVER left that sort of residue behind!
The consistency of this product is a little on the greasy side, but that doesn't bother me. I tend to prefer eye makeup removers that are more on the oily side, as I hate it when the skin around my eye area becomes dried out. Regardless, I won't be buying this product again. It is too much work to use, and it leaves enough product behind to cause me to wake up with raccoon eyes...not worth it, there are better eye makeup removers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ulaxoxo

This is the worst makeup remover ever. Harsh on the eyes. VERY GREASY. and made the skin around my eyes very irritated. Plus it didnt even take off the makeup! HORRIBLE!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

quite oily, but works great

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I've used this in the past..and never again since. This stuff made my eyes sting and so irritated...It did remove my eye makeup tho. But since then I just stick to my good ol' Ponds cold cream=)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Applefizz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will never buy this again and will be throwing out my bottle out soon. It says it's for waterproof eye makeup but it didn't do the job. It was very oily and heavy and I had to rub quite a bit to get the mascara and eyeliner off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

Maybelline Expert Eyes removed my really stubborn waterproof eye makeup from my lashes (waterproof lashblast, but that's another horror story)... but then smeared it all over my eye area in a greasy mess that took a whole other makeup remover to remove. Once this stuff gets on your face, it does not come off easily and it will carry the black stain of your mascara around with it. When using my everyday mascara like Maybelline's waterproof Full and Soft or Maybelline's waterproof Great Lash, I find that Neutrogena's oil free eye makeyp remover works best.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was basically a flush of my money down the toilet, but at least it wasn't much. (I got it on sale, very cheap.) First of all, it does not live up to it's claim on removing *waterproof* eye makeup. Well, actually, it does remove (waterproof) eye makeup, but it'll take at least 10 minutes, a waste of time. It removes regular non-waterproof makeup, but with this greasy-oily, feel, it's not worth it. Also, the smell is atrocious. Also, personally, I dislike the packaging. It is a bottle with a flip-cap, but that flip-cap reveals a teensy-weensy hole for the product to come out of. Because of the thick consistency of the remover, it can't get through the hole unless it is squeezed, causing a mess for some that use thin tissues for removing makeup, and also greasy hands and bottle of crappy remover. This also created unknown little red bumps on the areas I used it on. Pimples or a rash? No idea. But I will not be buying this product again.

I prefer Almay's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Liquid (It is translucent blue and has cucumbers on the front.) I do believe it is more expensive, but it works much, much better than this "remover".

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by bush84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup remover left my eye lids so oily and it even looked greasy. It just smeared the makeup. I would not recommend this at all.