September 1, 2014 | 1673 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lovepink679

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I like about this is the smell. I tried it for my frizzy hair and it did nothing but dry it out. My hair was so dry I couldn't even get my fingers through it afterwards!
I'm stuck with a still wrapped up $10 piece. ugh!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by TeresaTwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a really big sample of this...and I really, really dislike it. I thought the concept of the whole shampoo bar was weird, but intriguing but I couldn't imagine using anything other than liquid shampoo. I used it, and I felt like I had to rub it in my hands for a long time to get some froth for my hair, and it just wasn't worth it. When I dried my hair, it didn't look any different from how it usually looks. The bar is very expensive considering you only get a little bit for it, and even the sample I used was significantly smaller after just one wash. I wouldn't buy this at all, I think I'll stick with my usual liquid shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by foureight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this product exclusively for over a year and aas relatively happy with the results. Although my curly hair was still somewhat frizzy and dry, it was behaving better than with more traditional liquid shampoos. I like using natural products so I stuck with it even though it is pretty expensive. I've now switched to Chagrin Valley shampoo bars (which don't have SLS!) and am even happier. My hair is probably the best it's been as an adult!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I truly hate this product. Between this and Coolaulin, it was like I was washing my hair with sea water and seaweed until it ran out. Seriously, no benefit whatsoever comes with either product. May as well wash your hair with soap and rinse with dish drops. I will never, ever buy Lush hair products again because they are what has contributed to making my hair what it is now- a dry, uncontrollable mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Rain70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my very first shampoo bar and I was skeptical. I was amazed by the thick lather, creaminess and ease of application. I have very thick long wavy hair and I had no problem getting into my hair. It has a nice mild coconut smell and most importantly, tames my frizz better than most shampoo products. It seems expensive, but it lasts a LONG time, so I think it is a good value. I have stocked up on it for fear it will be discontinued. (always seems to be my luck)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this product. It is my favorite solid shampoo from Lush. Smells so yummy and conditions my waves so well. I find that with this shampoo if I am in a hurry I do not have to condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by livewire_uk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Trichomania is a lovely, creamy, coconut and vetivert scented shampoo bar. It is good at removing the grease from hair, and leaves it soft -- but don't forget to condition afterwards! I am using it less often these days, because I am attempting the conditioner-only (curly girl) method, but this is a good standby soap for clarifying, as it contains SLS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I find the trick to this product is to take a piece, throw it in an old water bottle, and fill the bottle with water, and shake. This lathers up the piece you use, and you pour what's in the bottle directly on your hair. This way, you use much less of the bar than you intended, and there's no crumbling everywhere. I'm still using my sample size from the box I got.

No stripping of my henna, doesn't dry out the hair, and I only use conditioner after if I want to. I also like to put conditioner on dry hair, leave it for a while, and then use the Trichomania over wet hair to rinse the scalp and the conditioned length. Works like a charm!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't use this or any other LUSH product on pets. It is not safe for pets. If you want to use safe shampoo bars on your pets, check out Chagrin Valley Soaps website.
Trichomania makes my long, fine, straight hair soft & frizz free. The scent doesn't last all day, but smells fantastic while lathering. I found this to lather really well. Would be great paired with Coolhaulin LUSH conditioner, which also smells of coconut. I paired with Jungle & the strong scent of Jungle overpowered the Trichomania. When I run out of my current LUSH shampoo stash, I am going to try the Trich with Coolhaulin combo. It must be stored away from constant water spray or it will melt fast. It does melt faster than the shampoo pucks, but still lasts a long time. Once it gets down to a sliver, it starts to break apart & can get annoying trying to salvage the small broken pieces, but those small pieces still lather.
You can get whatever size you want at the store, they will cut for you.
Update: 12-6-10:
I have stopped using Lush haircare. It was too drying for my scalp. I do love the idea of solid shampoo & conditioners though & the scents are so amazing. The hair products do have SLS which I've learned can be drying to the scalp. I've been using the Rainforest line from The Body Shop since late summer & liking it so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

So sad. I loved the smell of this shampoo in store. But it's very difficult to lather, and I have to use so much of it to wash my very thick, wavy hair. I understand this is more of a gentle shampoo, ideally used for fine hair that doesn't require such deep cleaning so often. (Psst... I hear it's also used for pets.) Not for me.