September 16, 2014 | 2162 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thnk it's nice. But its not like omg I have to have this. The lush soaps are sooo close to being perfect...but most of them just have this weird nauseating smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first lush soap I have used and I love the scent so much, but I wish it didn't contain SLS and perfume. I think it dried my skin out a bit so I'm going to try the "It's Raining Men" shower gel next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely soap, it smells gorgeous and really moisturises the skin. This is a great one for everyday use and I love it.
I would use this and the sand stone soap which I loved as it was so exfoliating but they have discontinued it now :(.
This one is a great all rounder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For Australians (and anywhere else with them), this smells exactly like Butter Menthols! Which I quite like in a cough lolly, but in a soap it was a bit strange. I'd sniffed it instore a few times but it never really caught my interest. I received it in a gift-box for my birthday. I don't mind using it at the moment, because I'm sick and it's cold, and butter menthol scent is quite comforting. It also layers really nicely under Vanilla Dee-Lite. It does melt quite quickly, but it also bubbles nicely and isn't as drying as some other Lush soaps. I'm not sure I'd buy it again, if I do it will probably a winter-time thing. But I will certainly enjoy using it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Cali22

I love the smell of this soap. Honey, tofee....yum. The honeycomb on top is kind of cool, but I found that it was a bit annoying once the actual soap started wearing down because the honeycomb doesnt get used up as fast as the soap part. I got a wedge piece and it was kind of awkward to use without scratching myself with the honeycomb. I might end up just taking that part off. But the soap itself is very creamy and just smells great. Very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by prinxxshelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The scent of this soap is amazing!!! When i first brought it home, i thought it smelled revoltingly sweet to the point i was planning on giving the soap away. After smelling it a couple times, the scent really grew on me and i started to absolutely love it! It smells really sweet and smells like honey more than anything else. The soap itself isn't extremely moisturizing, but a little bit more moisturizing than regular soaps. The scent doesnt linger on my skin :( which really sucks because the scent is delicious! Although it doesn't do too much for my skin, ill definitely buy it again for its scent. I really want to try the It's Raining Men shower gel, which apparently smells the same! :) definitely going out to buy that soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by ellenicole16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The thing I love most about this soap is the scent. Its hard to describe, but its very sweet yet clean. To me it doesn't smell like honey, more like a light caramel scent. The scent lingers on your skin for a little bit after you wash with it, but you have to put your skin right up to your nose to smell it, so it is light. But that's okay with me - if it was too strong it might be way too overpowering!

The soap lathers beautifully, I was actually very surprised by the creamy lather that it produced. My skin feels pretty smooth after using it, which is great.

The only downside is that it is quite expensive for what it is. I know that LUSH uses top shelf ingredients and that they are for the most part natural, but it is still a little overpriced in my opinion. That won't stop me from buying it though! It just smells way too good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

I love the smell of this soap. Honey and Carmel (yummy). It does leave my skin squeaky clean. Once dried, my skin does feel smooth and soft. I can also see why other reviews have mentioned that this soap can dry your skin. It doesn't moisurize your skin, but thats why there's lotion for it.(problem solved). Also, yes: the honey comb part does fall off, but the soap itself is the best part anyway in my opinion.

Overall, I will def repurchased. I had gotten this for less than $2 for sample. Its a bit expensive so I recommend to buy a small sample no more than $1-3 then if you like as much as I did, go for the bigger cut next time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honey I Washed the Kids is yet another one of those "meh" LUSH products for me. It's ok but I don't think it's one of those bath products that is even close to approaching amazing or HG status.

When I got it, I unwrapped with the glee of a child on Christmas morning. I sniffed it and marveled at the little honeycomb sitting on top. As soon as I set it down, the honeycomb fell off. Oh well...probably didn't need that anyway so I stuck the honeycomb on top and off to the shower I went. While in the shower, I did my best to get that pesky little honeycomb to stick to the bar while working up a nice lather. On the plus side, Honey does lather well but I'm not all that crazy about the smell (minority opinion, I know). For me, Honey smells a bit fake and odd. I don't really detect honey, just fakeish caramel and maybe hints of fake chocolate.

In spite of the fakeish smell, I've continued to use Honey because, well, I paid for it and I might as well use it, right? It is fairly long-lasting (which isn't a trait that most LUSH products I have tried have) and lathers well but that's basically where the pros end for me.

Would I repurchase this again? Probably not. While it's certainly not the worst bath/shower product I have tried, I really can't justify paying $8 (plus shipping) for a bar of soap that doesn't do anything a bar of Ivory or Dial would do...honeycomb or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

I LUv dis soap;] not THAT expensive, and leaves my feeling squeaky clean ;] Smells like toffee, caramel, and just pure yumminess;) buy;]