Chanel Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine

on 9/7/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had few samples of this and worked quite good.Its a dual-phase formula that whisks away all eye makeup and the water proof products too.Its Fragrance-free.I found it very effective product did everything that an eye make up remover should do without being irritated for my eye area.The reason that I m not going to buy the full size is because of the price 36 euros for 3,40oz and because I m so pleased with my take the day off balm by clinique or the more economical cleansing oil by mac

on 5/19/2008 10:34:00 PM

I received this from my BFF Kathie as a gift. Frankly I couldn't understand paying so much $$ for eye make-up remover. I had been using Lancome's version - which is also very expensive. It worked well but leaves a very oily feling residue which I didn't care for. I have very dry very sensitive skin. I get allergic exema in my eye area - and when I get it it's a burning itchy horror to say the least. I bought Chanel waterproof mascara and Make-Up Forever waterproof eyeliner yesterday (my eyes tear so badly nothing stays put!). I opened the Chanel remover last night and I was amazed at how well it worked, After reading MUA reviews on the eyeliner and mascara being so "impossible" to remove - I didn't know what to expect... I put the remover on a cotton ball - and it all just literally melted away - no rubbing needed - and a little goes a long way.. Clean as clean can be and no problem with my sensitive eyes stinging. I would buy this again and again. Wish it was less expensive , but sometimes it's true - you get what you pay for.. Thanks Kath!!!!!

on 3/8/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. I'd stopped wearing eyeliner and mascara because it was so miserable taking it all off at night but this does the trick without irritating my eyes and leaving an oily film. I use a folded wet-then-rung-out "Soft Bounty" paper towel (no fibers), squirt on the remover, then press against my eye for a few seconds. The paper towel allows me to use the other side without going through multiple cotton pads. Crazy, I know. But it really works! My eye area is clean and no, it doesn't irritate the area and overdry it.

on 1/23/2008 2:46:00 AM

I completely agree with 8hourcream review of this.

This is gentle, but it doesnt take it all off! I use Clinique's naturally glossy mascara and some Chanel eyeshadow and it doesnt take it all off theres always some left on my face in the morning.

Its good but I want something that removes it all and is gentle. I bought this due to the raves on here and also in a book called "The beauty bible" where they test lots of different products on lots of different women and ask for the results. This came second (and was one of the editors favourite eye makeup remover) and Precriptives came first but I dont live near anywhere with prescriptives and they dont have it on QVC UK.

Also it leaves the side of my eye a little red, but this could be reintroduction of eyemakeup and its removal?

The search continues, I will use it up as its too expensive (£14.50 for 100ml in Boots).

on 12/20/2007 5:52:00 AM

I love this eye makeup remover and so does my mother, she can't live without it.

I find it gentle and soothing and doesn't irritate my eyes. It's rather expensive for an eye-makeup remover, but for the results and the no tugging benefit, I will definitely repurchase, if not for me, for my mother who just loves this.

on 9/3/2007 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Between this and Lancome's BiFacils, I prefer this one simply because it doesn't leave a greasy residue afterwards. Both work equally well at removing all kinds and depths of eye makeup and even long-lasting lip color; however, BiFacils leaves my eyes feeling oily and I find myself having to wipe my eyes dry with a tissue before applying my eye cream. The Chanel remover is gentle and moisturizing on my eyes without the greasiness. One lippie off however because like everything Chanel, it is overpriced. Still would recommend it though! :)

on 7/21/2007 2:19:00 AM

HG, removes my mascara with little or no effort on my part. Only trick is to hold a cotton pad with it on it, over the closed lid for a few seconds then wipe away - make up removed. Its nice and gentle to.

This is the best eye make remover,worth every penny. It lasts for a long time and is gentle if it happens to get in your eyes. Other brands cannot compare. In this case you are getting what you pay for!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product is the easiest to take off any weak/strong eye makeup off, and it does so very very gently. I have used many others, including the popular Lancome one, but so far only this Chanel item seems to work on ANY makeup. I also use it for removing some color-stay kind of lipsticks. Leaves my eye area silky smooth too. I wear contact lenses, and it does not interfere with them at all.
Its my staple eye makeup remover, so would definitely buy again. I run out of it every once a year.

I like BiPhase only needs a small amount to remove eye makeup fully and does not sting or leave an oily residue. I use to use Lancôme’s Bifacils and found the oily residue bothered me and if I left in my contacts would stay on them forever. The BiPhase is really nice. It doesn’t have that oily feel and its really good at getting the makeup off. I had to use a lot more Bifacils to do the same job as one round cotton disk of the biphase. The disk does both my eyes effectively.