October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by watada

I bought this after reading all the good reviews on this website. I put the powder into my palm and add a little water and work into a paste, then apply onto my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead, mostly the middle of my face.
I have to say, it works! My acne is mostly keep in check by regular facials, but this really helps to keep blackheads on my nose to a minimum in between facials. I used it on my boyfriends nose bc he also had a lot of blackheads, and it helped him as well. I'm very pleased with the product.
It is hard to get off. I use an Aveda face cloth to wipe the rest off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

This product is great! After my first use I definitely noticed my blackheads had diminished significantly.
The jar is full to the BRIM with product which is great, but just be careful opening it.
I use a wet cotton pad to apply it my face (like a paste), and I haven't had any problems with mess. After I rinse it off I use a pore strip to really clean it all out, and then a toner.
This is the only product I've used that actually helps my blackheads. It's not a forever fix though, I use the combo about once a week to keep it under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by laurend6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 3 months now, and it is one of my all time favorite products for sure! The only reason I give it a 4 is because it's a little messy. To remove this I use Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Lotion, and I LOVE it as well. I have a full review of this product on my blog.. http://lullabelllady6.blogspot.com/ !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As far as face products go, this isn't expensive at $12, until you look at the ingredient list: calcium carbonate (basically lithified sea monkeys) and Zinc/ Titanium dioxide (sunscreen).

Skeptical as I was, I had to try it given the rave reviews and my inability to find a local source of calcium carbonate. I wouldn't sleep with it on- try mixing it in yogurt so it lasts longer. The results are...inconclusive. Does it lighten my blackheads or shrink my flare ups-- maybe a bit?

Fore conclusive results at about the same price- try MUAC mandelic acid peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. It's a very fine, unscented white powder that comes in a hard plastic jar. I love how much product you get and I love how the jar it comes in is filled to the brim. Usually products that come in jars aren't filled to the top and it feels like you're kind of getting ripped off. As some other reviewers stated, be careful when opening the jar because this powder is extremely fine and if you're not careful you could spill it.

I have a really oily complexion and this does wonders for reducing oil build up on my face. My skin usually gets really oily throughout the day and I found myself needing to blot about 2-3 times a week. After using this, my skin is more balanced and "normal" for the next few days and I don't need to blot as much.

This also helps a lot with my blackheads.I only apply this on my chin and on my nose. After I remove the product, I would dampen my nose with warm water and slap a pore-strip over it. This helps remove a lot more gunk out of your nose compared to if you used the pore-strip on it's own. I also find that it's easier for me to de-clog the clogged pores on my chin after using this product. I just take two q-tips and squeeze gently and all the gunk comes out.

I first heard about this product through a YouTube video by the user SecretLifeofABioNerd. She recommended that you turn this powder into a paste with a few drops of water rather than using a wet cotton ball and dipping it into the product 'cause it can be quite messy and wasteful. I thought that having to mix the powder into a paste was quite cumbersome so I dipped wet q-tip into the product and applied it to my face like that. It's easier, less messy, and faster than the cotton ball or paste method. If you find that the product on the q-tip is drying out or turning into a ball of thick paste then run water lightly over the q-tip for half a second and smooth the product out.

Make sure you get a good toner or astringent to take this off with, because it can be a little difficult to remove. I use Dickinson's alcohol free 100% pure witch hazel to remove this. I wouldn't recommend any toners or astringents with alcohol in it 'cause it can burn due to the fact that your skin will be a touch sensitive after removing the product.

I bought this off of Hautelook.com so I got about 30% off (maybe? can't remember) of the retail price. Even if I did pay the full $12, I still think this is a great value. You don't need a lot of product because a thinner layer is easier to take off and you still get the same results. Plus, you don't need to use this more than 2-3 times a week.

Hope this review helps!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by yanyan712

This stuff really clears up your skin without stripping. It leaves a bit of white powdery finish if you don't wash it thoroughly and the application is very messy. But it definitely works better than any deep cleansing mask I ever used.

One question though: how do you apply the powder without having them fall like snow flakes as the mask dries???! I would use first put the powder onto my palm and add drops of water to create a paste, which I lather onto face. But as the maske dries out, I end up inhaling a lot of the powder and they fall all over the place!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by happyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know what's wrong with my skin
I heard a lots of amazing comments and reviews for this product
I was so excited .. and I bought it as soon as I can
but It DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried many times but it's still be the same .. nothing change
I was disappointed .. I probably be the only one
woman that it didn't work for me ))):

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by beckyb88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, lets just say that you get your money's worth. It comes in a small twist top container, and when you open it up, be careful because it is filled to the brim and will spill very easily. Make sure you have toner handy because that is what you have to use to take it off. It is suppose to control oil and blackheads and it does exactly that. You put a thin layer on your face with a wet cotton ball and let it stay there for like 10 minutes. Your face will feel so smooth when your done. I am not sure what it exactly does to your face, but it is as if it's eating away at the blackheads because when you remove this, they look less prominent and the area is very smooth. I have also noticed a difference with the oil secretion of my face as well. This is a very good product and the price is decent as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Ulta with a coupon so the price came out relatively cheap. Maybe ~$6? I was looking for something that would reduce the appearance of blackheads on my nose and forehead. Using this is kind of weird. The first time, I spilled a bit of powder. Now I take a qtip or cottonball and soak it in water then dip it into the powder. I apply on my nose and forehead, and sometimes on my chin area. I go do whatever then afterwards I rinse off with some warm water. If there's still some residue, I use toner to take it off. After my skin dries, I can definitely tell the difference in my skin. I don't know what it does to blackheads but I don't see them! And that's all that matters. I do this as a treament 1-2x weekly or whenever I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kmcartcart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff after getting a facial at Mario Badescu and reading the reviews. Like a lot of people, I was initially pretty put off by the method of applying the mask (dipping a wet cotton into the powder), but I immediately overcame my doubts when I saw how well it works. This is the first mask that I have ever used that immediately causes pores to shrink and the results last for days.

The only downside, as others have pointed out, is that it can be somewhat difficult to fully remove. I find that if I wait a bit and then apply lotion, it noticeably dulls the appearance of any white powder so that it isn't visible at all under foundation. Plus I like to think that the left over powder in my pores is still working its magic but I doubt that is actually the case.

Fully recommended; I've introduced a lot of my friends to this product and they have also been impressed with the results.