April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by yanyan712

This stuff really clears up your skin without stripping. It leaves a bit of white powdery finish if you don't wash it thoroughly and the application is very messy. But it definitely works better than any deep cleansing mask I ever used.

One question though: how do you apply the powder without having them fall like snow flakes as the mask dries???! I would use first put the powder onto my palm and add drops of water to create a paste, which I lather onto face. But as the maske dries out, I end up inhaling a lot of the powder and they fall all over the place!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by happyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know what's wrong with my skin
I heard a lots of amazing comments and reviews for this product
I was so excited .. and I bought it as soon as I can
but It DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i tried many times but it's still be the same .. nothing change
I was disappointed .. I probably be the only one
woman that it didn't work for me ))):

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by beckyb88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, lets just say that you get your money's worth. It comes in a small twist top container, and when you open it up, be careful because it is filled to the brim and will spill very easily. Make sure you have toner handy because that is what you have to use to take it off. It is suppose to control oil and blackheads and it does exactly that. You put a thin layer on your face with a wet cotton ball and let it stay there for like 10 minutes. Your face will feel so smooth when your done. I am not sure what it exactly does to your face, but it is as if it's eating away at the blackheads because when you remove this, they look less prominent and the area is very smooth. I have also noticed a difference with the oil secretion of my face as well. This is a very good product and the price is decent as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Ulta with a coupon so the price came out relatively cheap. Maybe ~$6? I was looking for something that would reduce the appearance of blackheads on my nose and forehead. Using this is kind of weird. The first time, I spilled a bit of powder. Now I take a qtip or cottonball and soak it in water then dip it into the powder. I apply on my nose and forehead, and sometimes on my chin area. I go do whatever then afterwards I rinse off with some warm water. If there's still some residue, I use toner to take it off. After my skin dries, I can definitely tell the difference in my skin. I don't know what it does to blackheads but I don't see them! And that's all that matters. I do this as a treament 1-2x weekly or whenever I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kmcartcart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff after getting a facial at Mario Badescu and reading the reviews. Like a lot of people, I was initially pretty put off by the method of applying the mask (dipping a wet cotton into the powder), but I immediately overcame my doubts when I saw how well it works. This is the first mask that I have ever used that immediately causes pores to shrink and the results last for days.

The only downside, as others have pointed out, is that it can be somewhat difficult to fully remove. I find that if I wait a bit and then apply lotion, it noticeably dulls the appearance of any white powder so that it isn't visible at all under foundation. Plus I like to think that the left over powder in my pores is still working its magic but I doubt that is actually the case.

Fully recommended; I've introduced a lot of my friends to this product and they have also been impressed with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and large pores. This product single-handedly improved the texture of my skin. Before, I woke up every morning with an oil slick on my face. But after frequent and diligent use of MB's silver powder, I wake up with healthy feeling skin. Also, the size of my pores have diminished significantly. I strongly recommend trying this product if you tend to have oily skin and large, visible pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Selina0617

I bought this product because I thought I lost all hope for blackheads except for a manual extraction- leaving my skin inflammed, red spots everywhere, and caused a ton of breakouts where I picked.

I don't remember how I got introduced to this product, maybe online, but there is nothing like this!!! So, what I have learned from this product is this: I wil not literally dimishish your blackheads fully, what I think it does is this: You can literally use the product like it says, and then one you begin to wash it off with the toner, you can see blackheads and clogging pulled out kind of haflways stillin yoru skin, take a warm washcloth and simply scrub them off! For more stuborn ones, I took the wash cloth in my hands wrapped it around my fingers and ever so gently squeezed a little and they came RIGHT OUT! This is the best product for clogging so far and doesn;t leave you with pimpled everywhere. It really loosens the clog if it doesn't take it right out.

After using, you may have a white film, I would reccommend just rising with cool water and maybe use the washcloth again to just get it off, or a creamy moisturizing cleanser if you really need to. I would also recommend scrubbing with an exfoliator in the shower before you use it for the best results possible. You can use a nice toner or aloe toner or witchhazel to close the pores and maybe your thin oil free lotion.

The only cons about this is that you will have some fall-out with the powder as its drying. Don't wear nice or black clothes as it becomes like baby powder.

The product is in the optimal packaging for it, it works awesome, the price is WELL worth it, so you don't have to squeeze your face all the time. I would definitely buy again and recommend to anyone.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff can be really tricky to work with, and while I don't think it helps get rid of blackheads all by itself, it works well as a supplement to manual extraction and exfoliation.

I believe this sells for $12 on the MB website, but I managed to find this on eBay for $10.

The powder is packaged in a tub, and yes, it can get kind of messy, especially if you intend on using this all over your face. You'll want to apply this over a sink so you don't get powder fall-out all over your clothes.

This is called a "Silver Powder," but it's actually just plain white. Looks a lot like baking powder. Directions say to wet a cotton ball, dip it into the powder, and apply to affected areas. After 10-15 minutes, remove the powder with a toner/astringent.

As other reviewers have mentioned, I too do not like putting something wet into a dry product. I don't use this as an all-over face mask, but rather, just on my blackhead-ridden nose. I take a very small measuring spoon, scoop a bit of powder into my hand, add a few drops of water to make a runny paste, and spread over my nose. Considering how VERY little product I need for each use, I imagine this tub would last me for at least a year.

You do not need a thick layer. A thin, sheer layer is enough. Plus, the more powder you apply, the harder it is to remove.

Once it dries, I remove the powder with my witch hazel toner and then follow up with a Biore nose strip, as other reviewers have recommended. After the strip, I then apply a bit of liquid BHA to my nose to help keep the freshly-unplugged pores clean. I've found that this routine has worked quite well for me thus far.

There will be some white residue left on your skin after the toner. I hate rubbing over and over again with a cotton ball, so I just wash off excess with water.

This powder is meant to loosen the plug in the pore to help facilitate extraction. As I mentioned before, it will not remove blackheads all by itself. I noticed that the blackheads were a lot softer and easier (and less painful!) to remove after using the powder.

It's been a couple of weeks now, and while I still do have some congested spots on my nose, it does look a lot better. It feels smoother, and the pores are cleaner and less noticeable. Blackheads are fewer, and the ones that are still there are not as dark.

It took a few tries to figure out how to make this work for me, but so far, I like it. I will continue to experiment. It isn't a miracle product that will work overnight, but with some patience, this stuff seems to work quite well over time. My nose is getting closer to actually looking "normal."

If the cotton ball directions on the tub don't work for you, don't give up just yet! Some of the tips of the other reviewers here who've tried this product have worked quite well.

UPDATE: Went from 4 lippies to 5. This has really been helping my blackheads a lot. I stopped using this for a week (I don't remember why), and I noticed that my blackheads began looking larger and darker again... but then I went back to using this again, and my skin is starting to look better. The longer I stick with this, the better it's gotten. I use this about 4 or 5 times a week (only on my nose). It really helps loosen the "plug", making them easier to remove and clean out. I think this is now a new skincare staple for me.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't say that this doesn't help cuz it does.. it makes my pores tighter an less gross, but it didn't help me as much as it helped other reviews... maybe cuz my blackheads are deeper and oilier then most? idk, but I will continue to use it weekly b/c it helps, just not as dramatically as i had hoped

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sll74

this is an excellent skin mask. i applied just as directed. i let it dry and it was great. i like it better than some of the thicker masks out there. i wet my face in the shower then used a white sort of nubby towel and it came off easy breezy for me. just a little extra attention around the nose. i woke up this morning without an oil slick on my face. this one is a keeper and i like that it's simple, 3 ingredients including zinc which is known to be good for the skin. the only downside to this product is that it will flake as it dries so don't use it over your computer or while cooking...