July 22, 2014 | 2085 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fascinating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

put this under eyeshadow and you will LOVE how the colors poop! absolutely vibrant eye pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

It took me ages to buy this, but I needed it for stage makeup and I must say, it makes a huge difference in a bold eye. At first it makes me look like some freakazoid alien, but then it mellows out and gives just the right amount of contrast to brighten the eyes and intensify dark liners and shadows.

It's more creamy than the piece of crap white e/l I had eons ago and never used. I would consider this a staple and plan to use this for stage and some photo shoots.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It took me a long time to come around and buy this product. The white seemed too intense, but after trying several hard dull drugstore brands, I went ahead and purchased it during 25% sale at MAC. I've used it everyday ever since I got it. While it is a stark white, it doesn't show up full blown white on your liner. I have small eyes and this helps widen and brighten them. If you have this product and worry about the staying power, just cut the pencil in half and keep the capped part in your purse for touch-ups. This has completely replaced my Benefit Eye Bright which always irritates me and gets rubbed off my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best white liners I've tried. I've also used the new Revlon kohl and the Makeup Forever pencil, which were okay, but after 5 minutes the color was gone. This one does stay on a lot longer-(I use in the waterline), so I'm glad I broke down and tried this one.
While it looks nice in person, in photographs, it does make your eyes look a bit strange, for photos I'll remember to use a flesh colored pencil, which I also like- just trying to find one that lasts. Mac doesn't make one. So please let me know if you know a good one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I bought this after seeing pics of Megan Fox with her signature "tanned skin, pink lips, bold eyeliner" look. The white waterlines just make her eyes pop against her bronzed skin, and make them much clearer and whiter. ANYWAY, onto the eye khol itself - yes it's nice and bright and soft. I have tested some other brands of white liners in-store and most of them have felt harder and less bright.

One big con of this product is that it doesn't last that long... I'd say around 4-5 hours for me. While this may not be too bad for other people, I don't like to touch up my makeup during the day, especially not my eyeliner. Also, since the product is so soft, it tends to crumble and smear onto my lashes when the khol gets in touch with the base of my lashhairs. It makes it look pretty messy. Overall, the price is not outrageous, especially considering that most drug store liners go for only a few bucks less. I'd rather get something from a higher-end brand for eyeliners, just so that I know it's safe to use. You get a lot of product for the price. I would repurchase if some research and experimentation doesn't lead to one with a longer lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to line my waterline. It does make my eyes look bigger. It looks a little unnatural when I first put it on, but after a few minutes it tones down and is much less obvious. The staying power is pretty good on my waterline too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I used to love white eyeliner in high school...of course I used it differently than I do now. I like to use it near the tear duct and of course on the lower waterline. To be honest, I do not love the liner. I know a lot of people love this liner, but I rarely use it. It is quite soft, but not the softest liner ever. I find that it does not apply very smoothly. It is hard to describe, but I wish it was a bit creamier and pigmented. I find this true because my other liners or eyeshadows tend to rub off on it before it even applies and shows up on my eyes. I am not saying it is tough because its far from that but improvements can be made. It is nice for the waterline but I am thinking of trying an off white for a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

No tugging, just the right amount of creamyness to ensure smooth application, while preserving the wearing power of dryer pencils. Great for the waterline to brighten/enlarge eyes. Nothing mindblowingly unique but a basic staple every stash needs!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I happen to really like Fascinating. When I actually remember to use this, it's just exactly what I need to really wake up my eyes and make them look brighter. This can take me from looking crabby & tired to cheery and awake in the 10 seconds it takes to line my inner rims with this. I wish it was a little creamier, because I find that it doesn't apply well at the inner corners, but on the inner rim of my lower lashline, it glides right on, doesn't tug, and stays put. Overall, this is a good liner that I think just about anyone could find a use for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

Can't really go wrong with a matte white liner. This one is reasonably priced, glides on easily, and stays on the waterline. I use it on the inner corners of my eyes to make them look more open and awake. Definitely recommend.