December 21, 2014 | 1560 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tinkywinkystinky

This product didn't necessarily make me break out, but I noticed after having used half of the tube I looked ashy and 10 years older. Although it made me oily maybe it was drying out my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

this item caused me to breakout. i dont like it at all.greasy and thick.... not suitable for sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I haven't used this sunscreen in a while, but when I did it looked like I had applied foundation. My skin was more paler, and I guess more even, but kind of greasy too. Don't believe Clinique's claim that Super City Block SPF 25 is "extremely lightweight" and "sheer." It's not.

There are only two good things about this sunscreen: (1) I never got a sunburn when I had this on. Even when I didn't reapply. (2) $21.50 CAD for 40 mL may seem expensive, but the tube lasts a long long time. The expiration date has passed, and I have a huge amount left.

I won't repurchase because this product is like a thick foundation, and I want something lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh I like this, it's like foundation and sunblock all in one go. In the summer I can just use this and L'Oreal's Touche Magique and I'm good to go. Reasonably priced for a Clinique product as well. Goes on nicely and it's the right shade for my pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:43:00 PM More reviews by freespiritvalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this sunscreen at all. It is very oily and thick to apply, hard to even out, and the color is too dark. It makes my face sweat! The only thing I like is its smell, won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a generally indoor person with an office job and a moderate commute, so I don't often bother with sunscreen. However, I decided to try this based on my good previous experience with Clinique products and the reviews here. After three different uses, in different weather and circumstances, I've given up on this one. Even on a temperate day, it's too greasy, my makeup starts melting after a couple of hours. On a warm, busy day (like yesterday, running errands) it's downright gross. I'm late 40's, combination skin still subject to occasional breakouts, living in southern California. I'll use this up, but not on my face, and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

ooh i hated this! it left a horrible white cast that wouldn't go away no matter how gently or carefully i applied it. it's supposed to be "tinted" so that it matches ur skin tone, but it totally didn't match mine. also, it was too moisturizing for me. it's probably better for those with dry dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

After a long and exhausting search I discovered this sunscreen & I adore it...it has become a staple in my medicine cabinent. It is goes on smooth, isn't too greasy, doesn't give me that "Look I have sunscreen on" shine, my makeup stays on, it doesn't smell or cause breakouts...what more could a girl want??? Excellent sunscreen.

UPDATE: THIS CAUSES MAJOR BREAKOUTS...STAY AWAY!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ghettoprince

i got the oil free tinted version and it was greassssyy!! made my face look like polished glass and the tint was all over my collar n stuff. broke me out too. grease city

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a primer. It really tones down my redness, more than my $50 green smashbox photofinish one. It's fragrance free and comes in a convienient tube. My skin feels moiturized and doesn't break out or dry out. Will purchase again.