April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jaybee8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a PPP with rosacea and slightly oily skin and this is the only physical sunscreen that doesn't cause a reaction on my sensitive skin. The slight tint in the formulation actually works quite well with my skin tone. I do my usual morning cleansing routine, ending with moisturizer. Then, about 5 minutes later, I apply the Super City Block SPF 25. After about 10 minutes of morning tasks, I use my Lauren Hutton face disk, using a blotting sheet, rather than powder, to set the creams. (It's a tip I picked up from another MUA reviewer.) The blotting sheet keeps any sunscreen-shine at bay during the day.
EDITED TO ADD: Unfortunately, after about a week of use, I had a reaction to this product, developing small red bumps on my cheeks. I still think it's an excellent product -- it's just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this 2 years with great result, I have combination acne prone skin, and this does not break me out or clog my easily clogged pores. It has a slight tint so it goes on almost like a sheer makeup, I have even used it alone, but I usually mix with my superbalanced foundation. It feels very light on the skin and it apparently has antioxidants too. It is about $21 CAD, but a tube lasts and lasts. This is the only facial sunblock I have ever been able to stick with!My HG!
*To my knowledge, in Canada this is not discontinued. However, I have switched to their cityblock SPF 40, which seems to perform about the same.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really wanted this because it was paraben free and the great reviews it got here at MUA. However, With silicone listed as the 4th ingredient, this is not going to work on my combo skin. It is very light, oil-free sunblock that uses only titanium dioxide as the sunscreen. I had read that titanium dioxide on its own does not provide complete coverage but don't know how accurate this info is. Contains coq10, vitamin e and vitamin c in the form of magnesium absorbyl phosphate. Also not moisturizing at all. So, this could be good for those with oily skin that does not break out from silicone derivatives.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by chobarron

I tried this product because 1.) I like a lot of Clinique's makeup products and 2.) It was so well reviewed on MUA. I was actually looking for a primer + sunscreen and I was directed to City Block.

I have oily skin and the salesperson also said that it would work well with my skin. It didn't. The application was smooth, a little bit went a long way and it didn't make my face feel greasy at all, it was very light.

But the next morning, I had little white bumps all over my chin, around my nose and the center of my forehead. I have NEVER broken out that badly over a product before. I still have the receipt and so I'm going to take it back.

Back to the drawing board for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by fanaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the PRODUCT that ruined my skin forever. My once clear skin broke out like hell after using it and even after stopping the use, the saga continued on. Totally hated it. I had heard so much about all clinique products but after using them (clarifying lotion, acne foaming cleanser etc), i realised that it was all publicity. None of them worked well. they were overpowering on my skin, dried me out and caused breakouts though they claim to be non-comedogenic!! my skin is combination-oily-dry. period.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by chinkywinky

I bought this because it was affordable and promised to be non-greasy. It made me break out with small bumps so I returned it. It also felt kind a heavy to me because I don't like "stuff" on my face (I don't wear foundation). I'm now using Colorscience Sunforgettable powder sunscreen that doesn't feel heavy or make me breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by mrs_prof

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG daytime face product! I have been using it (or one of the other City Blocks) for over a decade! It does everything I need--sunblock (I itch from chemical sunscreens), light coverage (I am fair with okay skin, so this is all I need), and enough moisturizer for most times of the year. Occasionally I try something else, but I always go back to it. I tried the SPF 40 type this summer and its texture was just a little less compatible with my skin (although if you prefer more SPF, it is good too). I will be so disappointed if it ever gets discontinued! And compared to most department store brands, it is a bargain! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:35:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This physical sunscreen based product comes in a not too moisturising base with a slight tint (I think it's negligible).

When I use it, I do so on my eye contour area as it contains no chemical-based sunscreens. I leave a slight gap near the eye so as to prevent it coming in with any moisture (it would be irritating then).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 12:01:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! great make-up base. For more intense moisturising, I use L'oreal...anything that come out nice and pinky and not scary-white is great. Both these products are good, in my experience.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2006 6:43:00 AM More reviews by moosemousse

This stuff made me break out big time. And it was so oily I had to blot my face continuously. I tried it for a week and then gave it up. It's going straight to the pound.