September 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm a generally indoor person with an office job and a moderate commute, so I don't often bother with sunscreen. However, I decided to try this based on my good previous experience with Clinique products and the reviews here. After three different uses, in different weather and circumstances, I've given up on this one. Even on a temperate day, it's too greasy, my makeup starts melting after a couple of hours. On a warm, busy day (like yesterday, running errands) it's downright gross. I'm late 40's, combination skin still subject to occasional breakouts, living in southern California. I'll use this up, but not on my face, and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

ooh i hated this! it left a horrible white cast that wouldn't go away no matter how gently or carefully i applied it. it's supposed to be "tinted" so that it matches ur skin tone, but it totally didn't match mine. also, it was too moisturizing for me. it's probably better for those with dry dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

After a long and exhausting search I discovered this sunscreen & I adore it...it has become a staple in my medicine cabinent. It is goes on smooth, isn't too greasy, doesn't give me that "Look I have sunscreen on" shine, my makeup stays on, it doesn't smell or cause breakouts...what more could a girl want??? Excellent sunscreen.

UPDATE: THIS CAUSES MAJOR BREAKOUTS...STAY AWAY!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ghettoprince

i got the oil free tinted version and it was greassssyy!! made my face look like polished glass and the tint was all over my collar n stuff. broke me out too. grease city

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a primer. It really tones down my redness, more than my $50 green smashbox photofinish one. It's fragrance free and comes in a convienient tube. My skin feels moiturized and doesn't break out or dry out. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jaybee8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a PPP with rosacea and slightly oily skin and this is the only physical sunscreen that doesn't cause a reaction on my sensitive skin. The slight tint in the formulation actually works quite well with my skin tone. I do my usual morning cleansing routine, ending with moisturizer. Then, about 5 minutes later, I apply the Super City Block SPF 25. After about 10 minutes of morning tasks, I use my Lauren Hutton face disk, using a blotting sheet, rather than powder, to set the creams. (It's a tip I picked up from another MUA reviewer.) The blotting sheet keeps any sunscreen-shine at bay during the day.
EDITED TO ADD: Unfortunately, after about a week of use, I had a reaction to this product, developing small red bumps on my cheeks. I still think it's an excellent product -- it's just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this 2 years with great result, I have combination acne prone skin, and this does not break me out or clog my easily clogged pores. It has a slight tint so it goes on almost like a sheer makeup, I have even used it alone, but I usually mix with my superbalanced foundation. It feels very light on the skin and it apparently has antioxidants too. It is about $21 CAD, but a tube lasts and lasts. This is the only facial sunblock I have ever been able to stick with!My HG!
*To my knowledge, in Canada this is not discontinued. However, I have switched to their cityblock SPF 40, which seems to perform about the same.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 8:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really, really wanted this because it was paraben free and the great reviews it got here at MUA. However, With silicone listed as the 4th ingredient, this is not going to work on my combo skin. It is very light, oil-free sunblock that uses only titanium dioxide as the sunscreen. I had read that titanium dioxide on its own does not provide complete coverage but don't know how accurate this info is. Contains coq10, vitamin e and vitamin c in the form of magnesium absorbyl phosphate. Also not moisturizing at all. So, this could be good for those with oily skin that does not break out from silicone derivatives.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by chobarron

I tried this product because 1.) I like a lot of Clinique's makeup products and 2.) It was so well reviewed on MUA. I was actually looking for a primer + sunscreen and I was directed to City Block.

I have oily skin and the salesperson also said that it would work well with my skin. It didn't. The application was smooth, a little bit went a long way and it didn't make my face feel greasy at all, it was very light.

But the next morning, I had little white bumps all over my chin, around my nose and the center of my forehead. I have NEVER broken out that badly over a product before. I still have the receipt and so I'm going to take it back.

Back to the drawing board for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by fanaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the PRODUCT that ruined my skin forever. My once clear skin broke out like hell after using it and even after stopping the use, the saga continued on. Totally hated it. I had heard so much about all clinique products but after using them (clarifying lotion, acne foaming cleanser etc), i realised that it was all publicity. None of them worked well. they were overpowering on my skin, dried me out and caused breakouts though they claim to be non-comedogenic!! my skin is combination-oily-dry. period.