July 26, 2014 | 1395 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 6:09:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

I have used every hyped products for straightening and this is the best. I have thick, curly but fine hair that I TR. I have let the TR go for a year and and now it is also quite long, so needed something to cotrol it, smooth,it but while giving body and keep the regrowth straight...this is it. I have wasted so much money but finally found this. You don't need a lot and even the small size I bought just to try it will last a few months. This gives sleep with out being greasy and creates smoothness with some weight but keeps the body...love it, am so happy with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 8:39:00 AM More reviews by maryam

This product is almost like a gel and tends to weigh down my fine hair a bit and leaves it feeling coated. It does work at making the hair stay flat but i just didn't like the feel of it in my hair. For the price, i'd rather buy from Kerastase, as their serum nutri instant works waaaay better and leaves my hair shiny, soft, friss free and best of all with no weight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

I received this as a gift back in the day, to help me blow dry straight my fine-haired (but thick), wavy, and easily-frizzed-up hair. This product really works because it has a lot of "grip" and hold. It comes out as a clear, thick, gel that is a tiny bit tacky. Smooth it onto wet hair, then comb through and blow dry. That tackiness is what gives your hair enough strength to hold onto that straight look. At the same time, I think it has silicone, and it smooths out and softens the hair. (Serums, while they smooth & soften the hair, don't have that hold that this product does, and I noticed that my hair would be much more likely to spring back into curls at the slightest drop of humidity. On the Hair Board, I notice that it was popular to put in a serum and a gel product before straightening hair, but because of this product's hold, you wouldn't need the gel.) This is probably the best straightening product I've used. I'd recommend it for those with hair that's harder to straighten; it would be too much (and would cause greasiness too easily) for those with thin, fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Candykurls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Highly Reccommend. Hair felt and looked smooth and healthy after using flat iron.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I have almost shoulder length, slightly wavy hair. I want it straight darn it, like I used to when I was in HS. I have tried other products and they don't even help me come close to straightening my hair like B&B Straight does. It really does help me get my hair as straight as my inept hands and skill can get, between using a brush and then a flatiron. I use just a small, tiny amount in my hair before blow drying and I then I use even tinier amount after I blow dry and flat iron my hair (running my hands through). I think the key here is use a small, tiny amount. No globbing it on here, or you will end up with a sticky, greasy mess. I see the tube lasting me a long, long time since you only use a small amount. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by decatur

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like this a lot; I'm on my second tube of this and it last ages. My salon always uses this pre-blowdry but I alternate between Straight, Redken Align and Kiehls Heat Protective Silk Straightening Cream. I have thick, course, color-treated, half-Asian hair and still have to finish with my flat iron regardless of which I use (maybe because I'm blowdryer impaired). The packaging leaves much to be desired though - the twist cap always leaves a tiny greasy blob after it's close and it's near impossible to squeeze out the last bit of product. May try cutting the tube and scraping it out next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by samiam1022

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long, thick, wavy hair and this product goes a long way to help tame my hair and keep it smooth and straight after blow drying (I apply to my damp hair before blow drying). I recently went away for a few days and forgot to bring the Straight. Needless to say, a few hours after blow drying, my hair started springing back into a bushy, frizzy do. My hair never does that when I use Straight. Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use B&B DeFrizz on my hair,until my hairdresser turned me onto this stuff.She told me this contains seven silicones as opposed to DeFrizz's three and it would be better for my damaged hair.Whether I blow dry straight (I don't flat iron,ever)or use a curling iron for waves,this mixed with a little styling cream tames everything.I'm a huge fan of B&B's products,and this is one more great one from them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mjaumjau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the pricy side, but overall a good product that straightened my long and wavy hair well. Don't use too much or your hair will get a gummy texture - a little goes a long way. The smell is a bit weird, although not unpleasant. It reminds me a bit of those rubberballs I used to buy from vending machines as a kid.

John Frieda's Sheer Blonde Spotlight is similar to this product, both in smell and texture. Here in Sweden, the price per milliliter is the same for both products, but JF might be cheaper in the States.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by joey_s

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this in conjuction with Bb Grooming Creme on my thick, poofy, bleached hair and really love the combo. The silicone and wax in this helps hair to look shiny, and to protect from heat styling as well. Of all the straightening balms I've used, this rates among my top picks. I've got to admit, Bb styling products are extremely pricey, but also unlike any other brand I've found to date -- they truly do work wonders! (Can't say the same about their poos and condishes tho' :(