Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Cherries In The Snow 440

on 9/28/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE, LOVE this lipstick! I am always stopped by strangers complimenting the color. It lasts literally all day, I've fallen asleep with it and it didn't come off. Depending on how much you apply really depends on how deep the color will look. If I apply some of it, it's more of a pink, but a lot of it will make it look red. Either way, I love it. I recently spent $30 on a YSL lipstick and it doesn't even come close to this one!

on 9/20/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Revlon's super lustrous lipstick in Cherries in the Snow is one cult favorite that I will let the masses have their way with. I have been looking for some different d/s lipsticks lately to try for fall. I like Revlon's formula and some of their other shades so I was willing to give this a go...especially with the raves I read via reviews and a board search. Not to mention the name conjures up all sorts of lovely color images.

This shade seems to typically be described as pinky red which is what I was looking for. On the right complexion it might be just that but on my NC25-30/N5 skintone it's an unflattering fuschia shade. I have a couple of brighter pink l/s in my stash for when I feel the urge to be bold and wasn't in the market for another so this was a fail. I bought it yesterday at Walmart and returned it promptly this morning. I wound up purchasing Cover Girl lip perfection in Flame which for my neutral-warm complexion is a better bet and a true pinky red shade. If you find Cherries garish, give CG Flame a go.

on 9/11/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this, I really did. I love vintage products, and this has been around since 1953. The formula is nice, the packaging is fine, and it does seem to wear well. The downside is the color. Originally, Cherries in the Snow was more of a blue-toned red (like the current Cherries in the Snow polish). Unfortunately, this lipstick is hot flaming fuschia pink. No hint of red whatsoever. Just straight-up shocking bright pink. Being a freckled redhead, I just cannot wear this unless I tone it down very seriously by blotting and powdering over the top and wearing it as a stain. I wanted to love this and it was disappointing. It also does not match the polish at all, the polish is a deep blue-toned red with hints of pink, not the bright fuschia color of the lipstick. Overall, not for me.

on 7/30/2011 8:11:00 PM

I bought this lipstick because I was specifically looking for a dark fuchsia pink as opposed to a classic red color. I got exactly what I was looking for! On my cool toned skin, this color comes out a very rich, deep fuchsia. It looks great paired with a slightly darker and redder lipliner and then blended (blend blend blend!). This creates a nice contoured lip. Again the key is to BLEND, otherwise one can end up with a just-drank-red-kool-aid look which isn't very flattering.

on 7/26/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm realizing that I am a Revlon lipstick junkie. They always have the most gorgeous shades. I'm a big wearer of red lipstick, and Cherries in the Snow is great if you want something that's bright, but not a red red. It's a deep, pinkish red. Very pretty.

on 6/26/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, classic lipstick. The color is a deep pinkish red, perfect for cool skin tones, and the texture is creamy. The lipstick leaves a nice stain and can be built up for deeper color. It has no smell.

on 6/9/2011 4:46:00 PM

Cherries in the Snow is obviously not for everybody; maybe it should come labelled "Handle with Care!" I personally don't wear it often and even then I have to be super careful with it, but it is a classic, high-quality lipstick. I consider it red, but it definitely leans to the pink side--to me, it resembles the color of a summer-ripe cherry. I *think* some people's body chemistry brings out the pinker tones and turns the lipstick that fuschia tone everyone seems to hate--fortunately it doesn't do that on me. The sumptuous blue-based red makes my teeth look whiter (as others have mentioned). It would look great with the pin-up look that's so popular now. It's a real pleasure to wear this elegant lipstick with a past.

on 6/8/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a such a fabulous lipstick, it makes me feel so glamourous! It is a fushia-blue toned red on me. I thought being a cooler red it wouldn't look great on my warmer toned skin, but I love it, I think it would suit almost everyone. Such a great price at £7.49. Not too drying on me, which I did expect it to be so pleasantly surprised. The only thing is that it doesn't last quite as long as a higher end lipstick, but at the price it's better than I would expect, I would definately repurchase.

on 5/14/2011 4:29:00 PM

I must say out of all drugstore cosmetics Revlon defiantly has to be my favourite. Cherries in the snow is a deep pink/red lipstick that goes on quite thick. I only wear this if Iím going to a wedding or a party and every time without fail I get asked what colour and brand it is by a couple of girls.

on 2/25/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was craving a fun bright lipstick and I remembered having a tube of this years ago so I thought I'd give it another try. This is a classic dark, bright pink and I love that it's a creme finish. Creme lipsticks look so sophisticated and if I can get a creme I always prefer it. I'm not big on red lipsticks and if you want a bolder look this is a great alternative. Love this and I'm so glad I bought it again. :D

Recommended for Medium Skin