Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

on 2/16/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I decided to review the Aveen products I have been using for 5 weeks to do my due diligence here. I have combinations skin with an unever tone and texture which is why I need to exfoliate atleast a couple of times a week to lift the dull dirty skin off. I was using St. Ive's apricot scrub but realized it was too harsh for my skin everyday. I picked up an entire line of Aveeno products. This skin brightening face scrub is perfect for my morning face wash. It does not dry my sensitive skin out and I can use it everyday. I really love it. It is something someone can use daily and takes make-up off. I HIGH RECOMMEND it as a scrub. Good Luck!

on 2/9/2012 11:06:00 PM

I've used this several times and so far, I like it. I have to update if I change my mind or have any weird reactions, but I think it will grow on me more and more. The best thing I liked about it was the second time I used it, I noticed brightening and evening action.

As far as the texture of the product, it is nothing like your typical scrub. When I first got it, I actually thought I had a defective one because it feels so much like a cleanser. It doesn't really foam. There are tiny beads, which you can feel. It is extremely gentle. If you like coarse exfoliation, this isn't for you. (although, why would you like coarse exfoliation? ouch!)

This is probably the most gentle exfoliation I've used. It does make my skin just as smooth as other methods though, which I like.
I've been using it before my cleanser at night. Usually I remove makeup (wipe) and then double cleanse. However I now remove makeup, use this, and then cleanse with a foaming cleanser. It seems like it would dry me out but I use a rich moisturizer and only cleanse at night. In the AM I just splash w/ water.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to let people know how I use it. So far, it's going well and I recommend this scrub.

on 1/30/2012 10:34:00 PM

I would not be without this scrub! I realized what a huge difference it makes in the quality of my skin once I stopped using it and my hyper pigmentation got worse. so now I absolutely 100% have to have this on hand at all times. I find it really effective at preventing and healing breakouts. I use it daily and it works great for me but for those who have skin on the drier side, this could be a little too drying for everyday use. The only downside is that the price has gone up to almost 8 bucks (at least where I live). Only on occasion can I find it marked down for around 4. Overall, the price is still fairly reasonable for the results I get with it. I don't even think I'd be tempted by higher-end scrubs because I'm so pleased with this one.

on 1/30/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i've used a lot of cleansers and "scrubs" in the past - and I've liked them all, more or less (this includes Neutrogena Visibly Even, Olay Regenerist, St. Ives, Ahava, Dove) but I'm always on the lookout for something better or at least different. I really like this Aveeno scrub. The citrusy smell is great and the cleansing aspect is very good. But on a 1 to 10 scrubby scale (with St. Ives being 10 and a non-scrubby creamy cleanser being a 1), this is around a 3 or 4 (as are the Olay and Dove products), and I was hoping for something more scrubby (though not as harsh as St. Ives) - like a 5 or 6 on that aforementioned scale. I'll keep looking, but, for now, I'll use this every day and continue to like it.

on 1/10/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG daily cleanser....JUST GORGEOUS!! I'm on my second tube already. I get dark patches on my skin and overall have very patchy tones....well I used too.
My skin now is absolutely one shade with just natural redness and has gone a few shades lighter too. It's beautifully soft and clean and lovely. This is honestly the best scrub you can buy- but it may not be for everyone!! It just really REALLY works for me. :D

on 1/4/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. It leaves my skin feeling soft and i love the smell. hHis is my favorite scrub.

on 9/23/2011 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Since exfoliation is so important in anti-aging and skin tone and since I have dry skin, I was looking for a product that would exfoliate without drying. The only product I saw in the drugstore that claimed to do both was this.

I have not been dissapointed, it is a great product for everyday use and does not dry me out. It is priced very reasonably, and I like the smell it has, fresh and not overpowering.

I purchased the CVS version, and it is not quite as good as the original.

on 9/17/2011 3:52:00 PM

I use this every morning and every night, it leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth afterwards and ive been using it for over 2 years now ^^
i dont find anything wrong with this scrub and I love the texture of it :)

OK, I LOVE this, I didn't realize how amazing it was until i stopped using it!
I'll never stray away from Aveeno ever again<3
I decided to switch to a different face scrub, but it ended up breaking me out and totally ruined my skin, it was dry and red..I looked awful. I thought It was just something else that was irritating my skin but it was the St.Ives apricot cleanser. I decided that that cleanser was just too rough so i bought the St.Ives Green tea cleanser after reading the reviews on MUA but it made it worse. I switched back to Aveeno and now my skin is clear and glowing. I use this with the Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer now and my skin looks better than ever :)
EDIT (again, sorry!!)
I stopped using this again. Why? it just does not exfoliate enough! it is gentle, maybe a little too gentle, but its good to wash off makeup so ive been using this when i get home late from work for a quick clean.
Im still staying true to the "I'll never stray away from Aveeno ever again<3" line I wrote earlier which is why im going to recommend "Aveeno Fresh Essentials daily exfoliating scrub". It exfoliates way more so if you're looking for a cleanser that makes your skin the best it can be then switch to that. Im not saying this is a bad scrub, it was great when my skin was irritated and super sensitive, it helped my skin get back to the way it used to be, but after awhile it just doesn't do anything and there's no improvement, no brightening or anything!

on 9/15/2011 8:09:00 PM

My friend came home from NY and the first thing I noticed was her face became brighter and smoother than the last time we saw each other. She said she's using Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub religiously every morning. After hearing her secret, I immediately bought one and tried it out myself. It's really gentle on the skin so I guess it's safe to use everyday even for someone who has sensitive skin like mine. No breakouts so far but I guess it will take a while for me to see if there's any improvement on my complexion.

on 8/28/2011 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It only works if you use it everyday. So if you do not see any differences within a week of this product, do not stop using it. Like most acne treatments, you can not use it for three days and expect it to work. I have severe exema, and this did not effect my skin, as you wash you feel it cleaning your pores and refreshing you're skin. You should also buy and toner, not a super strong one, and people gel treatment, preferably clean and clear. That's at least what I use and has worked very well with my skin. I hope this product works for you as well!