October 2, 2014 | 1939 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - 7 Day Scrub Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by heygirlhey323

I used the 7 day scrub a long time ago and liked it but thought it wasn't necessary for my skin. I started using it again a few years later and really loved it but once again I just thought it was an extra product that my skin didn't really need. I have always had pretty decent skin and I could get aways with just using a drugstore cleanser and moisturizer. I was on some medication a few months ago that made my skin go crazy and I havent been able to get it back to normal so I went out and bought a whole new skincare routine, including the 7 day scrub and I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I only use it every other day and I get amazing results. Alothough it does nothing to help my breakouts, it does smooth out my skin and the texture of it has really improved! Like many others have said it does leave a film on your face after you wash it off but I just follow it up with washing my face with philosophys purity cleanser and it comes right off. I love this product and I will continue to use it. My pores appear much smaller. My makeup goes on a lot better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with Clinique. Some of their products are so freakin' harsh, when they are meant to be for sensitive skin, it's not funny. The three-step system, even though I keep going back to it every few years like a fool because it seems so appealing, always ends in drama for me. I recently tried the pore minimiser thermal scrub thingy, and it was awful... gave me a rash, itched like hell etcetera. However, I got a sample of this scrub with it and I actually really liked it, even though Paula Begoun says this is not for oily skin.

My pores get clogged really easily and supposedly this stuff would be too emollient for me, but I haven't had any problems. I find it very gentle. I make sure to rinse it very well, but my skin feels lovely and soft afterwards. So... I went back to the shop and exchanged the horrible gadgety muck for this lovely, basic, gentle scrub and am a happy camper.

Similar to this (very fine, small, rounded grains, but still feeling gritty enough to make you feel that you are using a scrub) is Avene purifying scrub: also quite nice but a little more drying, I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by cdnangel1

I started using this product at the beginning of winter, was experiencing mild acne, not sure if it was stress related or due to whatever products i was using at the time. Since I started using this my skin has been totally clear. I love the texture, it exfoliates without being irritating, I use it every morning.
I will continue to use this as my go-to scrub, just bought a second tube, one lasted me about 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by bjoo2009

This product is fantastic! Thus far, I have used it only once, but have already noticed a slight difference in my skin's texture and pore size! I have always been skeptical of reviews that say they notice a difference with only one use of any product, but with this scrub I actually did!

The minty-creaminess was very soothing and cooled the face, while the micro scrubbers really sloughed off the dead skin cells without being too harsh on my skin. After washing off the product and applying my daily serum and face cream, my skin was incredibly smooth! I will most likely be using this scrub about 3 days per/week.

This product is worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by torianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a massive Clinique fan and I would class this as my favourtite Clinique product! For many years I have suffered from blemishes and excess oil on the skin and about 3 years ago I was recommended this product through a friend and ever since I have not used anything else. I love that it is gentle enough on my skin to apply to the face without using water first and I also love that as it has the lovely creamy texture to it that it is gentle enough for me to use more than once a week.

Since I have been using this product my skin has cleared up massively and this is my must have product and I couldn't be without it.

Would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from very sensitve skin too as it is extra gentle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Everyone's skin is different so I cannot really say that this is a bad product as it works wonderfully for others. However, I'd rather say that on my oily skin, this feels a little uncomfortable. My face feels a little more greasy and not clean at all.

I do love the Exfoliating Scrub though. That one is sooooo much better than any other OTC scrub I've purchased at Walmart.

As for this item, unless you have dry skin or dry combination, I think you're better off with this one since it's such a gentle scrub. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

Im glad ive only ever recieved this in gifts with purchases!!!! What is its point???? It does NADA! Doesnt scrub, and tbh, makes my skin feel a bit yucky after usin it!!! Dont buy if you want a good gently scrub! Just use bicarb and water!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Brandy26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Like some other reviewers, I also received this as a full-sized sample/gift with purchase. I have since used that entire tube and purchased another tube. The price really isn't bad, especially considering how well it works.

I have very oily skin that can get flaky fast so I need to use an exfoliator quite often (usually every night). This does the trick for me. It's smooth, yet exfoliating and leaves my skin feeling great & ready for my night moisturizer. (I do wash after exfoliating with MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Cleanser)

My makeup works SO much better since I started using this product, no more flakes & my pores look 10x better than they did before. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Nkechinyelu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really baffled with all the reviews about this product - I guess it's true when they say one man's meat is another man's poison but I find that this product exfoliates an brightens my skin tone without being too harsh to be used as a 7 day scrub - also people, if you read at the back it says follow with your 3 step skin care so that means it needs to be washed off with a face wash ( unlike other scrubs) which I do, as I am using the 3 step skin care from clinique so I wash it off with my oil free wash and that keeps it squeaky clean without drying so for those complaining of residue afterwards try washing it off with a face wash or few times with warm water it works !!!! :o)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received this as a bonus gift with 21$ purchase from Clinique.
Pros: no fragrance, isn't harsh, easy no-fuss packaging (in a tube).
Cons: really deosn't have the level of exfoliation to make a huge difference in your skin texture. I use chemical exfoliants (as in glycolic and lactic acid) and woudn't want to use a scrub everyday. I would prefer to do a micro dermabrasion crystal scrub once a week and use my glycolic acid cleanser, which makes a fantastic difference in my skin, everyday. Maybe this is just a personal preference because of the other products I use, I don't really need this and because the other I products I use are so effective at exfoliation and clearing pores, this scrub didn't wow me.