January 26, 2015 | 1462 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Superbalanced Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by camille002

was very excited to try this, because i love the STAY MATTE foundation by clinique, but i am kinda disappointed.
the coverage is extremely light! i don't have any blemishes or dark spots, i just need a foundation that can even out my skin tone. this foundation didnt do that at all, you could still see the rosiness of my cheeks and forehead even after putting 2 coats (which i never do with any other foundation).
also, i have combination skin (oily on my nose and dry on my cheeks, forehead and chin) and i just found that this made my skin flaky and blotchy even after exfoliating. (the foundation will cake up on any dry spot and look gross)
it's definitely more for people with greasier skin, because it doesnt moisturize at all.
i was expecting much more from this foundation.
the packaging is cute but not very practical.
apply with a beauty blender or a stipple brush because its very hard to get an even coverage with your fingers (it dries fast).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by DefunktPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have eczema and have struggled to find a great foundation that does not break my skin out. I have tried the drugstore brands Revlon, CoverGirl, Loreal and all leave my skin red and irritated after a few hours of wear. I recently tried Almay and while it did not break me out, it did not provide much coverage. A few days ago I went to Clinique and the makeup artist matched Superbalanced in the shade "Petal" to my skin. I am so happy with this foundation! It goes on so smooth like butter. I received many compliments at work on how fresh my skin looked and my mother said it gave my skin a beautiful, natural glow. Clinique Superbalanced Foundation is an amazing product for those with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I loved this at first because it matched my skin nicely.

I had an allergic reaction to this!! It made me itchy and then it started making my face break out. I do not have break out prone skin and this surprised me, as Clinique claims to be so good for your skin. So I'm thinking there must be some ingredient in this foundation that does irritate skin and clog pores, contrary to their advertisements.

I was very upset after using this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation! I have very fair skin and the Clinique consultant matched me to the shade called Breeze. I was using a drugstore brand in the lightest shade, but it was still a bit dark on my face. Since I stopped tanning, stay out of the sun, and wear SPF daily, my complexion has lightened a few shades. This is perfect both in color and application. The coverage is so smooth, blends well, and looks very natural. I like that it is fragrance free as well! I also love the classic square glass bottle, so elegant. I used Clinique foundation years ago, but wanted to try other brands. I must say, after straying, Clinique is the best! Feels so light and makes me glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Celine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many foundations and this has become my standard. The tone the salesperson chose is perfect, it hides the reddish skin on my nose and cheeks. I wear it daily and have never broken out - the "superbalanced" part works! It feels very light, as if there isn't anything on, and people have commented on my healthy, glowing skin! Highly recommend. (I recommend using a brush for application)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by caitmarie

Good foundation, annoying bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

After testing (many!) foundations, I decided to purchase this one in #28. It is a heavier foundation, BUT it spreads and blends very easily, so you can stretch it a long way and make it as thin as you wish, or build it to the coverage you desire. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation kept my cheeks moisturized and did not add oil to my t-zone. Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and I would gladly repurchase it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by akaginger21

I really like this foundation! It goes on easily, blends beautifully, and builds up pretty nicely. It also one of the few foundations Clinique sells that comes in a light enough shade to match my skin (I wear breeze). The only thing I don't love is that the coverage is a bit sheer. I've got rosacea and even with a color correcting primer it's tough to cover all (or even most) of the red in my cheeks. It's a good every day foundation, but I think I'm going to look for a fuller coverage foundation for special occasions/date nights.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Shadowgirl898

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me this is exactly what I want in a foundation. I hate makeup that is thick and/or sticky feeling on my face and Superbalanced is neither. It has a pretty thin consistency that is easy to blend. I use one pump and smear it on like I would moisturizer then stipple with a makeup sponge and it comes out neither streaky or smeary. It has a light to medium coverage which is perfect for my skin but if you have a lot to cover or even out pass on this one. It gives a natural look to my skin, like I'm not really wearing anything and feels completely weightless. It is fragrance-free and does not clog my pores or make me break out.
This is my HG foundation but it gets 1 lippie off for the following:
- No SPF ( boooo)
-The packaging could use improvement. The product is easier to use with the pump (which is sold separately for $7) until you get to the bottom and then the pump squirts everywhere. I'm currently in that stage and have been cleaning up splats of makeup off my bathroom floor, sink, mirror, my robe...everywhere!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. Just an average foundation really. Nothing too bad or too good to say about it.

The saleswoman matched me a little bit too pale imo, not a great start. I even tried to correct her but she was adament.

Don't feel it does a great job of covering a blemish when I have one, always need a lot of concealer on top.