Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer

3.2

Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium Edta.

This is the best primer I,ve tried. Smashbox makes me break out, which is absurd at my age. Urban decay is good, korres is ok but not great... this is much better! My problem is foundation looks pasty and dry on me after an hour or two, but with this it looks the same hours later as when I first put it on. I haven,t noticed any smell, but I'm not sensitive to smells. I love it & will definitly buy again, but you need such a small amount it will be a while before I need to.

One of my friends uses this product and has always told me how good it was! So went into David Jones and bought this for AUD 50. I used it with a brush and then used China Doll foundation. It did not make my make up stay, in fact, it faded off by noon and I am extremely disappointed with this product. It may work for others, but definitely doesn't do anything for me. And it also made my skin break out all over, especially my forehead and jaw line, with big red bumps. My friend who likes Auto Pilot, has dry skin and maybe it works much better with dry skin. Definitely a no no for oily skin. Would not repurchase, plus, too expensive.

I tried this product probably about a year ago and it was the first primer i had tried at the time. It did make my skin smoother and deffiately made it much easier to apply my foundation however i didnt notice any extended wear altough at the time i was using the napoleon perdis stick foundation which while i LOVE the finnish and used it faithfully for nearly 4 years, didnt last at all and rubbed off so easily it was just stupid. The main point of this review however is that while i did like this primer and found it prevented my skin from beaking out and was quite moisturisng, it is an EXACT copy of the face of australia face base primer. The ingredients are identical and the products have the exact same effect and finnish so when faced with a $50-$60 pricetag or a $13-$15 price tag i deffiantely know what id be going for. Dont waste your money and get the face of australia primer instead, its great :)

I really liked using this primer. The first primer i used and my makeup stays on all day! BUT instead of paying $60 for a bottle - Face of Australia sell the exact same thing
(i checked the ingredients) for $10. NP just repackaged and marked up.

I really love this primer. I am an extreme combo skin. Normal on the cheeks and T-Zone is an oil pit. I drink too much coffee and not enough water so I know i'm dehydrated. I like this product because I wear a very lite oil free moisturizer and can wear this on top without feeling oily. I get pink easy and this really soothes and almost cools my skin. Great if you have rosacea. My skin feels plump and overall really good. I wear the China doll too,which is cream-powder and dries quick. It really helps it to glide on and blend well. It's great for really oily skin b/c it can hydrate if worn alone and great for dry skin too. Other primer I love, if you're a little older and want more filling, is Too Faced Primed and Poreless. Flawless on anyone, especially more mature skin.

i personally love this primer when i put it on my face it feels so soft and my makeup looks flawless and goes on really smoothe and it makes your makeup last all day i whent out all day and my foundation was still on i would really suggest it but i think they need to be a little less expensive i brought it for $50.00 but i would deffently buy it again its worth it =)

This is just a glorified moisturiser. Does nothing with regard to keeping the foundation in place for any longer. And for AUS$60 a bottle, I would prefer to find a proper primer rather than a repackaged moisturiser...will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

At first i thought this wouldnt be anything special (just got it cause im a napoleon junkie) but i was wrong.
It hydrates, without being greasy or sticky. it plumps and smooths out the skin without the "silky cause of silicones) feeling.
For longetivity of makeup i tested with my loreal roll on foundation, as it is very sliding/rub off prone. i wore this to work thinking itlll be gone when my shifts over and it didnt budge.
This primer really does what it says it does, but it does feel alot different to most primers so if you are used to that extremely silky feeling of silicone filled primers like i was this might feel like a downgrade, but its really not.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just ok, I didn't notice any difference in how my foundation looked with and without the primer. However, it did make my makeup last longer. I barely had to retouch as much as I used to. I don't think the price is worth it to just make foundation last longer though. I will look for something less expensive next time.

Popular Primer/ Correctors