August 27, 2014 | 914 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Stubborn Brown

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice pensil, nice color for brown smokey eyes. Last very long and is easy to use because it is a bit creamy. I allways dip the point in water and then clean it with a tissue to create an intense effect. Price is more than okay for such a good quality pensil.

Tanja

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Aceberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An absolute HG for me. I have dark brown eyes and darker skin so this eyeliner really makes my eyes pop. I dont even have to use mascara when I wear this. The main thing for me is that it really lasts and doesnt disappear (even after a 10-14 hour day). I wear it smudged but can also use it to do a precise line (if sharpened well). I used to use a non-MAC pencil sharpener, but since using the MAC one i've found that a pencil will last me longer than before. I could get cheaper liners but for what this does I dont mind paying the AUD$32 pricetag.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Daizie351

I like this color so much!!! It's just too bad that it tends to smear/bleed a little by the end of the day! Also, it would be much easier if I could turn the pencil to get more lead out instead of having to sharpen it. Even when I sharpen it, the lead is still pretty blunt. Overall, a good color (and I'm really picky about my brown eyeliners) and looks good (prior to bleeding)... I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by triciazohn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC is such a good line (for most colors) that my expectations are pretty high for their products. This is just an average, blah, brown pencil. Nothing special. That would normally get 3 lippies from me, but because the MAC name is part of why I bought it (over my initial instinct to pass), I have to ding them a lippie. MAC Fluidline Dipdown is a better chocolate brown liner. This one is going "Back to MAC" because I waited too long to do a return.
Me - 44, auburn/hazel, fair/medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

Love the powerpoint pencils in general. Love the consistency, the fact you can smudge or not, great on lower and upper lids. This is a dark brown, good color for my dark brown eyes. Its hard to say brown is the most lovely color, but this is a good standard color for everyday wear. Will need to keep this on-hand, its the prettiest brown I've found in a darker brown.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful deep brown color. Great for everyday wear. Only problem is that is smudges on me a little (only on my bottom line). Which is weird because the other PP's dont! Will repurchase though, great eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rabid_lobster

A nice, dark brown. Lasts pretty well (although not on my waterline).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my absolute favorite brown eyeliners, ever! The color is a nice rich dark brown-not too light, not too dark on my fair skin/hazel eyes. It lasts all day with minimal smudging and is easily applied and blended for a smokier look. I really enjoy the texture, it simply glides on the skin aand doesn't skip or drag. This is a great standard eye pencil and I would especially recommend it as a basic for somebody just getting interested in make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Powerpoints, they are my HG pencil liners, I will not wear any pencil liners except Powerpoints and Technakohls, they don't tug on delicate eyelids which is very important to me. I'm also surprised that Powerpoints will smudge a lot on some people whereas Technakohls last forever on these same people, perhaps it has something to do with the degree of oiliness on eyelids? Anyways I have just the opposite experience: Powerpoints WILL NOT budge or smudge on me the whole day long whereas Technakohls only have so-so lasting power on me and I usually need to touch up, although only once a day. Stubborn Brown is, as all the Powerpoint colours I have tried, a beautiful gorgeous colour. It's a deep dark rich brown, as someone said similar to Dipdown gel liner, another gorgeous eyeliner. I never used brown eyeliners before because I thought they would be boring, but they are not the least bit boring on a brown-eyed girl but rather they really complement brown eyes. Stubborn Brown is the exact same colour as my eyes (so you can see I've got really dark eyes) and I suppose that is one of the secrets as to why this colour works so well on me. Some people complain that this colour is too dark and dramatic but I think it would only be too dark and dramatic on people with lighter coloured eyes. People with very dark eyes like me seem to have the opposite problem: lighter coloured eyeliners just look skimpy and wimpy and washed out, not to mention just plain weird, on dark-eyed girls. I mean, imagine, your eyeliner is paler than your eyes! So Stubborn Brown is just the perfect shade for me, really makes my dark brown eyes stand out and emphasizes their brownness and their darkness, if that makes any sense. Tip: As someone else mentioned, I bought the MAC pencil sharpener and it is perfect for keeping all my Powerpoints sharpened and in tip top condition, other cheapy sharpeners just won't give your Powerpoint a fine tip and they may break the Powerpoint, the MAC sharpener will not and it is also cheap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by kellyson

The MAC sales associate recommended Stubborn Brown after I said I wanted to try something different than the MAC Coffee eyeliner I always wore. Stubborn Brown is a nice dark brown color (very similar to Fluidline Dipdown), but it doesn't go on very easily and smoothly for me. I also have to sharpen it each time I apply. Staying power is great though. I don't think I'll repurchase, however, as I'm now hooked on the Fluidlines.