MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 12/8/2010 6:43:00 PM

Wow I love this stuff. Just picked it up today and I must say, it's exactly what I wanted. Definitely removes the shine from my face AND smoothes out the texture! My makeup looks so fresh after I use this stuff. I like the packaging a lot (in that it comes with a mirror and a very sturdy sponge), but, I guess it would be nice to have a seperate place under the compact for the puff...but I typically wash the puff pretty often for compacts I carry with me anyway. So if that's my biggest complaint, I'm ok with that. Overall, I love the product! Turned out better than what I was hoping it woul be.

on 11/23/2010 6:27:00 PM

This is the best powder!!!! I wish I would have bought this sooner!!! One application in the morning after applying my pro long wear foundation and I go all day without a touch up :) love it!!!

on 11/16/2010 6:49:00 PM

I am very shiny and oily and this is THE BEST powder ever for minimizing the shine! I've tried a lot of powders, including pure silica powder (which is good too but I wish it came in pressed form)
The color is perfect for my NC25 complexion even though it sounds like it would be too dark.

Holy Grail all the way!

on 11/14/2010 12:20:00 PM

oh BP,where have you been all this time?i have tried so many setting powders to this day,very expensive to drugstore brands.but since i met this its like "hello dear and goodbye shiny face".it controls oil literally.not one of the many sheer powders on the market that are looking good within the first several hour after applying but turns you into a shiny mess.it sets my foundation,tinted moist either,they dont slide on my face.i use it when i wear no make up too,because i have a combo skin and terribly shiny t zone and eyelids.btw the sponge that comes with the products is not really good,can be useful for quick touch-ups only.the tip is to apply it lighly.i get the perfect velvety(not cakey) finish with the famous 187 brush.doesnt look cakey on my dy spots either.totally HG!
btw if you are buying online,the shades are a little confusing.i am nc15/20,i tried light medium in the store,but it looked pale.the mua suggested medium dark and it surprised me that shade got to be the suitable match.so be careful not to hae a ghostly pale face,even though BP is nearly totally sheer

on 11/12/2010 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Great stuff...i have oily skin. This is product is takes care of shine and isn't heavy, cakey, nor does it change color. I'm never without it.

on 10/20/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My face can either be very very oily or very dry.
depends on the weather for me really. But i put this over my liquid foundation than i put my loose nc40 powder on.
I also carry this in my purse justtt in case i get a bit shiny. but i notice when i put it on before leaving the house i dont have to use it again. I love this, ill keep continue to buy this over and over!

on 10/10/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

love this stuff!

on 10/4/2010 10:04:00 PM

PROS:
- keeps me matte all day
- doesn't leave my face looking powdery or cakey, but very natural
- sleek black compact comes w/ a mirror
- doesn't break me out
- reasonably-priced

CONS:
- none

My face is normal/combination, but my nose tends to get shiny, which I HATE!! I always and only resorted to blotting papers b/c I thought adding a makeup product to control/cover shine might lead to breakouts and/or more oil production, but this has proved me wrong. ;)

on 9/27/2010 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best products out there for maintaining or restoring a matte look to the face or just the T-zone! I find it never looks dry or powdery on me and feels light and actually refreshing - if I apply it at mid-day, it almost feels like I've lightly cleaned my oily T-zone. I was surprised I needed this in such a dark colour (usually, "Medium" in anything is about as dark as I ever need to go) but I am glad the SA guided me toward the right shade for me, rather than just going by name alone as "Medium" would have been too light and probably looked powdery and artificial.

on 9/5/2010 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG! i have extremely oily skin and this just seems to control everything really well. It doesn't cover up my other makeup as well. It just absorbs oil and makes me look fresh faced. I used to use the sheer powder to powder my oil but i realized that once my face was oily and i would powder it i would get darker. I hated it and once i went to the MAC counter the salesgirl told me that this will get rid of the darker look. so i ditched my sheer powder and use this throughout the day!