November 28, 2014 | 881 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by galthang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this foundation. Best i've ever use. Easy to apply with sponge and doesn't cake at all. I'm an NC30 and bought the medium, which is a perfect shade. Give me a sheer - medium coverage. Good thing about this is the price. I bought it overseas and found its still resemble to aussie prices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at my Ulta a few days ago and I am very impressed! I was looking for something that could help my skin...I used Revlon's photoready foundation for a few weeks straight and my skin developed a horrible allergic reaction from prolonged exposure. I had ugly little bumps everywhere! They were not pimples, I have no idea what they were...but they were itchy. This has actually helped tremendously in clearing them up and i've only been using this for like 2 days! It's amazing! My boyfriend hates the smell of minerals so I can't use any kind of mineral based face products, this takes the cake for a "good for you" foundation. I actually like this stuff better than Photoready, it makes my skin look even more flawless AND it stays put longer! Our car broke down on the side of the road and we were in 100+ texas heat for several hours. I was sweaty and I was expecting to look like a wreck...my skin looked amazing! I decided to give this the true test today and wore it to work out...I was super sweaty and again I was expecting a melty face...but...my face looked perfect! I was sad to take my after-workout shower because my face still looked so pretty! This not only makes my face look great all day, my face feels nice to the touch and this doesn't transfer. This is great used either wet or dry, with the sponge, or with a brush. However you apply, it is just dreamy all over. I hate to say anything negative about the photoready foundation...but this is just so much better. I don't even need primer. I have oily skin by the way!
EDIT: 6/30/2012: My skin started to adjust to this makeup from wearing it everyday, and I wasn't getting the amazing results I was used to! This works best if you switch up your foundation routine every couple of days so your skin can't adjust to it! Still love this, just thought this would help!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this powder! I get compliments on my skin tone every time I wear this. I'm an NC25 and I picked this up in cypress beige which is a good match for me and it has awesome coverage. I prefer to use it dry as I don't really like the look of full coverage foundations. It's quite matte and practically glides on. I use this over my Too Faced Primed and Poreless and my skin looks amazing. Definitely great at evening out skin tone in no time. Oil control is good and it doesn't oxidize. I got this for $7.50 (employee discount) at ulta and it was worth every penny. I haven't even hit pan yet. A little goes a long way as long as it's used with a brush and not a sponge but that's obvious.

I will def repurchase this! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by nichayter

Wow, this stuff is actually really nice. It's the first powder I've ever used that is undetectable on my skin yet offers great coverage. And no breakouts! I'm about an nc 20 winter and nc 25 summer...the ivory myrrh color is good for summer. I might have to drop down to the lightest for winter. I use this to set my Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer (dont wear foundation). I apply with the Ecotools bronzer kabuki. Definitely recommend you give this one a try. I haven't tried it wet yet to comment on that.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ekatt

BREAKOUT city! Buy this if you like pimples and clogged pores. I went on Accutane and I literally never break out except when I switched to this foundation from my beloved Purminerals.. bad mistake.
Purminerals, I love you and will forever stay faithful. Besides the breakouts, this foundation isn't horrible. Good coverage and I liked the natural shade (lightest one). However, it did not last throughout the day, purminerals lasts me literally all day. Also I didnt really like how it sat on my face. I dont know. I guess I'm just in love with my pm fdtn, its my hg, baby. Anyway, I really dont recommend this for an acne prone face.. or for anyone for that matter honestly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Sandyhorseshoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this looking for something similar to Aveda's wet/dry powder. I've used it for about 3 days now & I love it! It really controls oil, I barely have to blot or reapply throughout the day. The price is much better than the Aveda powder. I chose Laurel Nude & it is just about perfect. I still have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but even with that I get almost no creasing or settling into the fine lines. Best powder I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm impressed. I haven't used a powder foundation in years, and I've never used a wet/dry one. I read reviews online before purchasing, and I figured I wouldn't have much luck with it, like I don't seem to have much luck with ANY foundation these days. I went to Sally's, picked a few things up - including this - and I used it the next day.

I apply it wet, and have never tried applying it dry (so I can't comment on that). The coverage is pretty damn good, and I'm a real stickler for that. This covers as well as or better than my usual go-to heavy coverage foundation: Simply Ageless. I don't need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Keep in mind, though, if you have a huge, red, and inflamed zit... this isn't going to cover it completely. The oil control is meh, hence the 4 not the 5, but I just blot as usual and it's fine. I use the sponge it comes with and haven't had a problem yet. The compartment where the sponge is held is ventilated, so the sponge is always dry the next time I go to use it.

Finding your match (especially if you're not usually on either end of most foundation lines) will probably be a little difficult, since you have no way of seeing the actual color of the foundation until you have it out of the box and opened. They have colors on the boxes, but they are hardly helpful. I am usually within the lightest 2 shades in any given foundation, so I picked the lightest one (laurel nude) and it matches quite well.

I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I haven't been this impressed by a foundation in years, and I will never spend $20 on a foundation AGAIN!

Edit***

I just applied it dry for the first time, and it has the exact same coverage (maybe even more!!) than applying it wet. Yay! Next up I'll try applying it with a brush... dun dun dun.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have sensitive finicky skin. When I saw the first ingredient was talc, I was a little apprehensive. I looked up the reviews in store and found great things so I figured I would give it a shot. I hoped it wasn't like NYX's powder foundation since that caused the white bumpies and oxidized like crazy. To my surprise Laurel Nude was a perfect match 100%. I always have used more warm toned foundations/powders because of my yellowy undertone and was kind of on the fence because this looked slightly peachy. I was so happy with how good it looked, how nicely it covered, everything. It has yet to cause any negative effects on my face, but I'll update my review in about a week or so.

As of right now, this is neck and neck with my Urban Decay Surreal Skin for my HG. It actually is a tad bit higher on the scale since it seems to cover better. Who knows, this could be it!

EDIT: It's been five days! No cases of the white/red bumpies & no cystic acne spots! The only thing I've had here & there were the little oil bumps that all of us oily girls experience. After I washed my face at night & applied my witch hazel they were gone in the morning. I'm in love with this powder foundation. Today I buffed it on with my medium sized E.L.F powder brush, and went around my eyes with my E.L.F foundation brush; it looks awesome. Covered everything up that I needed to & still looks natural. I HAVE HIT THE PAN! In 5 days. But, it's just in one corner & there's still plenty left. I could see this powder lasting 1-1&1/2 months. I always thought I was allergic to talc, but clearly that's not true since this product works great & talc is the first ingredient. Learn something new everyday (:

If you can get your hands on it, BUY IT!

EDIT: This started to cause oil bumps on my chin, even though it's oil free... womp womp. I also noticed that the shade darkens throughout the day which leads me to believe that it oxidizes. About 2 hours after application my skin looked so pinky. I never really noticed before, but I had a zit (oil bump) so I was in the mirror 24/7 making sure it was hidden. I guess my search continues.