Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 6/26/2012 12:38:00 PM

UPDATE: I adored this powder foundation when used dry, but HOLY COW...when used wet, it's even better. Gives such a flawless finish to my face without looking cakey or dry (not that it did this dry) and lasts much longer without having to blot away oil. AMAZING.

Ever since I fell in love with powder foundation, I've been on the hunt for new ones to try. I heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. I believe I got the color Everlasting Tan and it is a pretty good match for my NC35 skintone.

The powder is very finely milled, with little fall-out when you swirl your brush into the pan.

It's medium-full coverage and can look cakey if you apply it with a heavy hand. Lasts all day.

on 6/23/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this compact powder sooo very much!!! It definitely controls my oily skin and makes it look flawless! I also love the fact that you can buy refills for when you run out.(I'm gonna have to, because I've hit pan) This is my HG powder!

**Update*** Used this wet for the first time today, and boy oh boy does this stuff cover up imperfections! My skin stayed flawless and oil free for most of the day (I have suuper oily skin) I won't be going back to my other foundations!!!

on 6/22/2012 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Just bought this foundation. Best i've ever use. Easy to apply with sponge and doesn't cake at all. I'm an NC30 and bought the medium, which is a perfect shade. Give me a sheer - medium coverage. Good thing about this is the price. I bought it overseas and found its still resemble to aussie prices.

on 6/11/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this on a whim at my Ulta a few days ago and I am very impressed! I was looking for something that could help my skin...I used Revlon's photoready foundation for a few weeks straight and my skin developed a horrible allergic reaction from prolonged exposure. I had ugly little bumps everywhere! They were not pimples, I have no idea what they were...but they were itchy. This has actually helped tremendously in clearing them up and i've only been using this for like 2 days! It's amazing! My boyfriend hates the smell of minerals so I can't use any kind of mineral based face products, this takes the cake for a "good for you" foundation. I actually like this stuff better than Photoready, it makes my skin look even more flawless AND it stays put longer! Our car broke down on the side of the road and we were in 100+ texas heat for several hours. I was sweaty and I was expecting to look like a wreck...my skin looked amazing! I decided to give this the true test today and wore it to work out...I was super sweaty and again I was expecting a melty face...but...my face looked perfect! I was sad to take my after-workout shower because my face still looked so pretty! This not only makes my face look great all day, my face feels nice to the touch and this doesn't transfer. This is great used either wet or dry, with the sponge, or with a brush. However you apply, it is just dreamy all over. I hate to say anything negative about the photoready foundation...but this is just so much better. I don't even need primer. I have oily skin by the way!
EDIT: 6/30/2012: My skin started to adjust to this makeup from wearing it everyday, and I wasn't getting the amazing results I was used to! This works best if you switch up your foundation routine every couple of days so your skin can't adjust to it! Still love this, just thought this would help!

on 6/3/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this powder! I get compliments on my skin tone every time I wear this. I'm an NC25 and I picked this up in cypress beige which is a good match for me and it has awesome coverage. I prefer to use it dry as I don't really like the look of full coverage foundations. It's quite matte and practically glides on. I use this over my Too Faced Primed and Poreless and my skin looks amazing. Definitely great at evening out skin tone in no time. Oil control is good and it doesn't oxidize. I got this for $7.50 (employee discount) at ulta and it was worth every penny. I haven't even hit pan yet. A little goes a long way as long as it's used with a brush and not a sponge but that's obvious.

I will def repurchase this! :D

on 5/31/2012 4:01:00 PM

Wow, this stuff is actually really nice. It's the first powder I've ever used that is undetectable on my skin yet offers great coverage. And no breakouts! I'm about an nc 20 winter and nc 25 summer...the ivory myrrh color is good for summer. I might have to drop down to the lightest for winter. I use this to set my Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer (dont wear foundation). I apply with the Ecotools bronzer kabuki. Definitely recommend you give this one a try. I haven't tried it wet yet to comment on that.

on 5/25/2012 1:17:00 AM

BREAKOUT city! Buy this if you like pimples and clogged pores. I went on Accutane and I literally never break out except when I switched to this foundation from my beloved Purminerals.. bad mistake.
Purminerals, I love you and will forever stay faithful. Besides the breakouts, this foundation isn't horrible. Good coverage and I liked the natural shade (lightest one). However, it did not last throughout the day, purminerals lasts me literally all day. Also I didnt really like how it sat on my face. I dont know. I guess I'm just in love with my pm fdtn, its my hg, baby. Anyway, I really dont recommend this for an acne prone face.. or for anyone for that matter honestly.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this looking for something similar to Aveda's wet/dry powder. I've used it for about 3 days now & I love it! It really controls oil, I barely have to blot or reapply throughout the day. The price is much better than the Aveda powder. I chose Laurel Nude & it is just about perfect. I still have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but even with that I get almost no creasing or settling into the fine lines. Best powder I've ever used!

on 5/8/2012 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

on 4/25/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!