Cinema Secrets Foundation/concealer

4.3

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Carnauba, Candelilla Wax, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Aloe, Bisabolol, Fragrance, Tocopherol, BHT and Ascorbyl Palmitate and Citric Acid 8 Glyceryl Stearate 8 Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide. May contain: Ultramarine Blue, DC Red 36, DC Red 7, Calcium Lake, FD&C Yellow 5, Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue 2.

on 12/16/2009 12:49:00 AM

I got this on the basis of some of the reviews here -- having been on a foundation search for years, trying the high end dept store brands (chanel lancome, shiseido, some french brands, and many drugstore brands.

Not only do I love the way I look after I apply this (over my primer, using the moisture spray recommended), but also after just a few days my blotchy skin looks much clearer and calmer.

I live 2 hours from the Burbank store so I just ordered a few pots online, from the camera ready site someone here had mentioned -- great online retailer -- they had my stuff to me in two days.

I am fair (medium fair), with a lot of pink in my skin, blonde hair. I have to say the colors online are very deceptive so be careful.

I ordered 516, 509, and 404. Turned out the 509 was almost perfect, but the others way too deep, seemed more appropriate for a deep olive skin tone or light skinned black skin. That's how misleading the colors were online.

Currently I have a primer I like (Sally Hansen, the Carmindy healthy stuff..pretty great stuff for drug store), not their brand, but I will get theirs when I run out mine.

I also got the oxygen moisture , sample size, and I dont know if that is contributing to my skin looking so much clearer, but I am continuing this regimen and will update since I'm so new to this.

I am really anxious to go to their store next time I'm in LA
I apply the spray to the applicator and dip it in the pot, and it goes on so smoothly -- what is hard to fathom is how something with this much coverage and pigment can look so natural and non cakey!

If youre a person with stuff to cover -- blotches, discolorations or broken blood vessels - you'll really like this -- be sure to get the moisture spray too. And its so affordable compared to the department store brands
with vastly better quality.

also forgot to mention -- big selling point for me - NO parabens in the formula..l.

on 11/13/2009 3:47:00 AM

I love this concealer/foundation! I use it on my undereye circles, although it doesn''t cover them entirely, it was good enough. It also very creamy and won't accentuate your fine lines which is great! One thing about the packaging though, my lid broke off after 2 months...
Anyway, I would definitely buy it again.

on 10/27/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this foundation/concealer!!!! I am lucky to live very close to the Burbank store! I went in about a year ago and was color matched. One important point is...the foundation is water activated. You must use their moisture spray or a wet sponge to apply or you will get a splotchy, cakey mess. I would not have known this if I didn't go into the store.

I use my BeautyBlender wet to apply. The large size is $20 and will last forever......The formula is made to not clog pores or settle into lines when used properly.

Full coverage, but not thick...looks like skin...dewy, but not oily.

Will purchase when needed, but it lasts a very long time.

Awesome coverage! I use kit #1 (for my medium skin tone). The colours are perfect and so is the texture. You need just a tiny bit because it's so pigmented! Once you set it with powder, it lasts all day. The colors in this palette are great for brightening up under eye circles also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation. I use 501-11, the lightest pink shade. Normally I need a more neutral color, but this shade matches my skin tone better than any dept store foundation I've found (except EL equalizer in pearl, but that's too sheer to use for anything). Maybe it works because it blends so well, but it's definitely less pink than EL DW in shell. The coverage is great and it's very easy to use. The only reason I might not use this is because I started getting breakouts within days of using this. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit, but i'll put it away for awhile and try again when i've been clear for awhile. Otherwise I'd recommend it.

on 5/8/2009 2:37:00 PM

I have really dark circles under my eyes (thanks mom) and I have been searching for a really good undereye concealer. I read some reviews on this one and gave it a shot. I ordered one of the small pots that was said to specifically cover purple/blue colors. I have to say I'm not that thrilled with it. It's not THAT bad but to me there is nothing that special about it either. It also magnifies any dryness and settles in fine lines really easily. I went back to my Make Up Forever concealer immediately. I now use the Cinema Secrets concealer for coverage when I'm basically make up free headed to the gym or for running errands. It does seems to blend in well with my skin tone.

on 5/2/2009 10:06:00 PM

I order two pan of cinema secrets foundation in shade 302 and 303. It came in the mail today and I just couldn't wait to try it on :) So I can see why this stuff got so much hype. It covers! The coverage i can see is a little better than my mac studio fix concealer but the texture is so much lighter and easier to work with. It truly feel like second skin, not greasy or cakey at all. I applied it on my twist and scrubbed. It didn't even smear. So I can see how it stays and stays, on faces and in the pan too because you don't need much. However, used all over the face, it doesn't help with the texture of the skin. So it's much better used as a concealer. The shade can be better. I had an awfully hard time finding the right shade. Searching on the internet didn't help much. I ended up buying both 302 and 303 and neither of them match my nc 25-30ish skin. The shade 302 is darker than my mac nc 30 and much less yellow, making my face look muddy. So disappointed. I'm too broke to try my luck with 301. Maybe I'll stick with mac studio fix for a little longer.

on 3/9/2009 5:25:00 PM

I haven't bought this product. But I am a model, and so many make-up artists use the product on me. I have acne-prone skin, and this stuff makes me break out like crazy. Why would anyone use Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides as such a main ingredient? It's so comedogenic.

That being said, the coverage is amazing. A bit thick and tends to get cakey if not used sparingly.

on 2/21/2009 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Highly pigmented, this concealer makes mincemeat out of my dark, dark undereye circles. Stays pt, especially with a setting powder.

on 2/9/2009 3:09:00 AM

The concealer is amazing! Full coverage, very creamy and easy to blend. I haven't been buying other concealers coz of this. It takes a while to finish it, I don't need to retouch through out the day. A little goes a long way, careful though coz if you put a lot, it'll get cakey.

Top Rated Cinema Secrets Products