July 31, 2014 | 1720 users online

Concealers - Cinema Secrets - Foundation/concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Jennee_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation/concealer!!!! I am lucky to live very close to the Burbank store! I went in about a year ago and was color matched. One important point is...the foundation is water activated. You must use their moisture spray or a wet sponge to apply or you will get a splotchy, cakey mess. I would not have known this if I didn't go into the store.

I use my BeautyBlender wet to apply. The large size is $20 and will last forever......The formula is made to not clog pores or settle into lines when used properly.

Full coverage, but not thick...looks like skin...dewy, but not oily.

Will purchase when needed, but it lasts a very long time.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Awesome coverage! I use kit #1 (for my medium skin tone). The colours are perfect and so is the texture. You need just a tiny bit because it's so pigmented! Once you set it with powder, it lasts all day. The colors in this palette are great for brightening up under eye circles also.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I use 501-11, the lightest pink shade. Normally I need a more neutral color, but this shade matches my skin tone better than any dept store foundation I've found (except EL equalizer in pearl, but that's too sheer to use for anything). Maybe it works because it blends so well, but it's definitely less pink than EL DW in shell. The coverage is great and it's very easy to use. The only reason I might not use this is because I started getting breakouts within days of using this. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit, but i'll put it away for awhile and try again when i've been clear for awhile. Otherwise I'd recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mnw28

I have really dark circles under my eyes (thanks mom) and I have been searching for a really good undereye concealer. I read some reviews on this one and gave it a shot. I ordered one of the small pots that was said to specifically cover purple/blue colors. I have to say I'm not that thrilled with it. It's not THAT bad but to me there is nothing that special about it either. It also magnifies any dryness and settles in fine lines really easily. I went back to my Make Up Forever concealer immediately. I now use the Cinema Secrets concealer for coverage when I'm basically make up free headed to the gym or for running errands. It does seems to blend in well with my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by blindbird

I order two pan of cinema secrets foundation in shade 302 and 303. It came in the mail today and I just couldn't wait to try it on :) So I can see why this stuff got so much hype. It covers! The coverage i can see is a little better than my mac studio fix concealer but the texture is so much lighter and easier to work with. It truly feel like second skin, not greasy or cakey at all. I applied it on my twist and scrubbed. It didn't even smear. So I can see how it stays and stays, on faces and in the pan too because you don't need much. However, used all over the face, it doesn't help with the texture of the skin. So it's much better used as a concealer. The shade can be better. I had an awfully hard time finding the right shade. Searching on the internet didn't help much. I ended up buying both 302 and 303 and neither of them match my nc 25-30ish skin. The shade 302 is darker than my mac nc 30 and much less yellow, making my face look muddy. So disappointed. I'm too broke to try my luck with 301. Maybe I'll stick with mac studio fix for a little longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cmcgill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't bought this product. But I am a model, and so many make-up artists use the product on me. I have acne-prone skin, and this stuff makes me break out like crazy. Why would anyone use Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides as such a main ingredient? It's so comedogenic.

That being said, the coverage is amazing. A bit thick and tends to get cakey if not used sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by KismetRN

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Highly pigmented, this concealer makes mincemeat out of my dark, dark undereye circles. Stays pt, especially with a setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by migzy007

The concealer is amazing! Full coverage, very creamy and easy to blend. I haven't been buying other concealers coz of this. It takes a while to finish it, I don't need to retouch through out the day. A little goes a long way, careful though coz if you put a lot, it'll get cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by SimplyDivine86

AMAZING! The best coverage for a concealer, If I'm not mistaken it comes with a small spatula, I take a small amount of whichever color im using and mix it with a bit of foundation using a concealer brush then apply it to my face and blot with a sponge to blend. Apply wherever its needed and then apply your foundation on top of everything and set with a powder. It's fabulous and definetly reasonably priced. I've tried numerous concealers before and nothing gave me as much coverage as the cinema secrets concealer. The two I use the most are #602-65 and #605-61 even if it doesnt work on your own face for whatever reason it is perfect for your kit as it comes in a variety of colors. I find myself using KIT 1 the most.
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an extraordinary foundation. I am a PPP with neutral undertones, very light yellow and a bit of beige. I have 601-18. It's a very, very pale yellow-beige cream color. It make me look refreshed and natural. I've never had such fantastic coverage. These two shades seem to blend and complement my skin ideally. The formula is very very creamy and lightweight, yet it covers so beautifully. The coverage is full but can be made to seem sheer or medium. It lasts all day, and I never feel it sliding off or disappearing. It balances out my dry sensitive skin, too, and absorbs oil on my nose and forehead. It contains aloe vera, kaolin, vitamin e, dimethicone, beeswax, and vegetable waxes.