Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

FINALLY! I never would have given MN a thought until I saw the reviews here...and I am not disappointed. I have been searching for over a year for a foundation (mineral or liquid) that would stay on my oily face all day (EL Double Matte, KMS minerals, Revlon CS etc.) and they all looked horrible after a couple of hours or made my face break out! After finding MN my search officially ends. Really controls the oil, stays all day, doesn't irritate my face. I use a little Luxiva PP over it and it looks flawless. I'm a Merle girl now!!

Ughh!!! This felt like a mask on my face, and I could not get it off until I had washed my face three times and looked like a tomato afterwards!! Stay away--this stuff is garbage.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Greatest. foundation.EVER.

I don't know how else to say it! I have pretty oily, VERY acne prone skin. The frequency of my breakouts has not changed since I started using this for my wedding (in '09). I am in love with this. I used to use Mary Kay foundation, but this is SOOOOOO much more light feeling!!! I barely feel it, whereas with MK it could get a bit heavy feeling later on.

It lasts SO long. You really don't need to use much, i use maybe 1/4-1/2 a pea size??? Depends on my skin at the time. and I use either a flat top kabuki or a wet makeup sponge to stipple and blend it.

Buy this product!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: been using for 2 years, I will never change. It gives amazing full coverage but if you want less full coverage i mix it w a bit of moisturizer. looks amazing, matte, not cakey unless you put on too much which as i say you dont need to do, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a foundation with endurance - I don't have the time or the patience for touch-ups. Previously I was using Chanel, and it would easily smudge off before the end of my day. While Merle Norman isn't a jazzy glamorous brand, they know their skin products and Lasting Foundation is named that way for a reason. Let's just put it this way: I run 5 miles in this foundation and it still doesn't come off. On a side note, be sure to purchase a good makeup remover.

I was compelled to write a review of this product. I have tried several foundations in the past few months from MAC, Shu, Estee, Color Science and many more. Although some delivered great coverage, they did oxidize and turned oily very quick. My cousin told me to try M. Norman. It was by far the best purchase I have made. This foundation provided super coverage yet does not feel thick and mask like. As for the oil.. it stayed at bay for 10 hours... and it probably could have lasted longer if I didn't have to wash my face and go to bed. Run don't walk to M. Norman. It may seem old lady like and not as trendy as other lines but it delivers the goods better than them all !

I went into my local Merle Norman store and the SA was soooo nice and helpful. I told her I was looking for a foundation that stays on my face and doesn't come off on my clothes or cellphone(it's gross seeing my makeup on my phone) and she gave me this foundation. It's a little on the exspensive side so I won't use this on a daily basis. It feels very light, goes on nice and I don't need powder. I actually stayed oil free for most of the day, and I get very oily. I thought I was going to have to give up on liquid foundations because of how oily I get. I'm glad I gave this a try.

I live in Alabama - which averages about 65% percent humidity in the summer - nothing stays on. Makeup always felt like it melted down my fact but this doesn't. I playfully call it my mortar makeup. It lasts all day; stays on until you take it off; doesn't smudge on clothing or leave smudges on anything that you've touched after you touch your face. The only thing is that it sets in about 60 seconds so you've got to get it where you want it and do it quick. The coverage is awesome, too. And, like with all MN products it lasts forever...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this foundation for a couple of years, but I never loved it. I had been using Merle Norman's Aqua Base for a about 15 years and I loved it but as my skin changed and aged I found that it just wasn't working for me anymore. It left my face to greasy and pasty looking. So I went to Merle Normans and asked them to recommend another product for me. Because I specified that I needed a foundation that lasts for the whole work day, they recommended the Luxiva Lasting foundation so I bought it in the same shade that I always bought the aqua base foundation in. The sales rep said it was exactly the same color, but it wasn't. it was at least one shade darker.

Okay, so there were some positives with this foundation. For one thing it really does last all day. As a matter of fact it seems to stay on until you take it off. It was also great for my oily skin. It dried matte and I didn't have to put any powder over top of it. However I hated the way it felt on my face. I'm suprised by the reveiwers that say it dries to a powder finish, because it sure didn't feel like that to me. I thought it dried like paint. Once you dot it all over your face you have to blend it very quickly because it dries fast and I swear I always felt like my face had been painted. Also I didn't see it doing anything remarkable for my overall appearance. I thought it gave okay coverage but made my skin look older overall. My whole face had a dry painted feel to it and the fine lines seemed more obvious.

Now my love affair with Merle Norman foundations seems to be over. Aqua base was my staple for years and I have since tried all of their other foundations only to be left disappointed. I am now using mineral foundation and I have heard that Merle Norman has recently developed their own mineral foundation. If anyone here has tried, the pretty please write a review. Although I have recently become disenchanted with Merle Normans foundations, I do believe that they use superior ingredients and I have always been impressed with their products so I have high hopes for their mineral make-up.

Oh and just wanted to say that Merle Norman SA's can be very snotty. I drive across town to go to a Merle Norman store that I know is friendly and welcoming. There is a Merle Norman store just a few block from me and I never go there anymore because of the crappy attitude I always get there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Update: Have been using this for several months now, and I went back for a repurchase. It is really unique and works so well. HG.

I never buy the same foundation twice. I never find one that is perfect. I have aging, acne prone skin, tiny red veins around my nose, large pores, oily in the T zone, dry in other spots, dark patches from old scars and sun damage. To make matters worse, my neutral super pale skin is tough to match. Everything is too pink or yellow and nothing has the right amount of coverage. Once I get it on, it melts off after a couple of hours in the tropical climate I live in.
I had given up on a perfect foundation.
However, I ran into a new Merle Norman just to see. Perfect match, wonderful finish, stays all day. Waterproof even. No breakouts.Looks like skin, not like makeup.
I finally found the perfect foundation.

I love this product! I have normal-oily skin during the summer, but during the winter it is like my skin has no oil. So when I went in to get a makeover for prom and she told me about this I was a bit ecstatic to try it. When she applied it to my face it covered up amazingly! There was only one other product I have liked this much and that was this powder foundation I only use during the winter. I did have to use concealer for my dark circles because they are pretty bad, but that was about it; oh and a translucent powder to set the stuff. It is like a second skin that last a really long time if you don't sweat a whole lot, but since I live in Louisiana it doesn't last long, but when I move to Seattle I will wear this makeup every day. Sure it was a little out of my pocket, but it is worth the cost. I think I paid about $25-32 for it, but if it works why not just buy it?