October 23, 2014 | 1705 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Lip Lacquer in Eros

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a nicely luxe little object. It's a heavy, frosted glass tub with the signature NARS black rubber and art deco-y font on the lid, filled with soft, berry-colored....goop. It's too sticky and thick to be a real gloss, but it's too mushy to be a lipstick. This means, however, that it has much better pigmentation and staying power than a real lipgloss, but is shinier and creamier than a real lipstick. It's very pigmented, and only a little dab is enough to give my lips a bit of natural-looking color. The staying power is really good--lasts forever if you let it (not eat or drink, etc.) since it seems to stain your lips a bit. Feels good on, no taste, but there is an odd plasticky smell. Not terrible, but it's exactly like the old DG lipsticks before they wised up and changed their formulations. This thing is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E so I'm really not sure whether I'd get another when I run out, but as I said, it's a nice luxury.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Snikkums

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at a job talking talking TALKING all day. I can't freq reapply and I have tried a LOT of gloss. Dior, Stila, Cargo, Smashbox, whatever. I've tried them... and this one is THE BEST for staying power. If you want fruity tasting, this isn't the one for you... but if you want to LOOK GOOD for a long time, this is what you want. Eros is a really pretty color too, at least I think so! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

I had such high hopes for this but am quite disappointed for many of reasons. Unlike the majority of other posters here who got a nice YLBB shade...it was more like...YLBWP (your lips but REALLLLLY pink). It was not ugly at all per say...but definitely a "I've got pink lipstick on" kind of look...rather than natural or subtle which I would have preferred. Aside from the color....my other rants..??? The smell...as many others have mentioned...way too PLASTIC and generic-ishly scented ...WAY too expensive, and the darn inconvienient jar it comes in !!! I *will* not repurchase this.... I have since gotten NARS butterfield 8 laquer and the color is working *a little* better for me... still, the other complaints apply so I will *NOT* be trying any more NARS laquers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 4:50:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture, nice berry shade, staying power, moisturizing effect! I would totally buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

I got this along with the new Rouge D'enfer lipstick as the SA at Holt Renfrew suggested that eros would be a really good colour to wear over it. Well all it does is turn the lip colour pink on my lips so I decided to try it on it's own only find it to be MLBB. It gives a sheer berry tint to my lips. For reference I'm a light to medium brown skinned girl with dark brown eyes and hair. I like the feel of the lacquer and it has great staying power-I'm just not crazy about the colour on me. Since Holt Renfrew does not take returns I will just suck it up and keep it. Overall I think it's a great product and would like to try other colours in the line I just took two lippies off because the colour does not suit me and i spent $28 CDN to find that out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by kittywife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this shade. I have naturally pigmented lips, and so this colour comes through as quite neutral on me. Just enough gloss to be plumping, but just right for daytime use. Extremely long wearing and such a beautiful barely there feeling on the lips. Also use at night when working it with strong eyes. I am sure that this is the first of many NARS purchases, especially the lip laquers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Eros is so beautiful. I hardly ever reach for it though. It is a shame. This is a shimmer raspberry shade, which thankfully isn't too dark or overpowering on little pale me. Like all the Lip Lacquers this wears well. I know a lot of people complain about the smell, but honestly, it just doesn't bother me. I guess it is something you get used to. All in all, NARS lacquers are my favorite lip glosses ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by trempot

I have been lemming for this over and over, and finally bought it when NARS went on a rare sale. NARS Eros is the most beautiful lip lacquer shade in my book. I love the MLBB effect and how it blends well with other lipsticks to give more oomph and dimension. What I just don't like is the texture - too hard sticky than MAC lipglass and it dries up. However, nothing can beat its staying power. This is a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

great color, texture and longevity on lips. A nice berry color, great soft shimmer to it. Love it for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 1:10:00 AM More reviews by goodthings

I'm more of a light lipcolor person, playing up eyes more and keeping lips low profile. This color, however, is an exception to my usual preferences. I find it just bright enough. I also think this would work for any skintone. It's also great that I've finally found a sheer lipcolor that stays on! Great product. /// EDIT (20 Dec 05): Just love this product! All the clients I've used this on gave positive feedback on its staying power. :)