October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Fragrances - Nina Ricci - Nina (New)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by elfgirl13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it. It pretty much delivers what it promises. It's a bright, apple-berry perfume that is cherrful rather than sophisticated. The only downside is the lack of caramel aspect, which is almost non-existent. The crowning glory is the bottle, which is just too adorable to behold. All in all, a very happy, magical little scent that would work nicely in any perfume wardrobe.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by moogagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I quite like this perfume :) A coworker gave me a sample of it and I actually ran out. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because I tend to like fragrances a tiny bit sweeter (my body really pulls strong, alcohol smells). I thought maybe there would be a bit more caramel to the apple. But it's pretty fantastic otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was first attracted to this perfume because of the bottle lol. I thought it was lovely. When I first smelled it, I wasn't that fussed to be honest. I was expecting it to smell much nicer than when I did smell it.

Now though it is one of my favourite perfumes. It smells really sweet and fruity at the same time. Its hard to describe what it smells like but it is just lovely. The scent grew on me as everytime I was in a perfume shop I smelled it and I started to like it more and more.

I would definitly buy it again, though I guess it can be a bit expensive. Its worth it though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Nina and got...nothing....meh....
I asked my son what he thought and he stated it was...forgettable.

I expected so much more from Nina Ricci....so much more after such glowing reviews. But seriously, this has to be one of the least evolving blank slate, smells kind of like white granulated sugar forgettable scents that i have ever tried.

I couldn't figure out any top notes. Not gourmand, not floral. The scent didn't seem to evolve. No depth, no substance. No bottom notes evolved either. A total puzzler.

I can't recommend this based on....nothing...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now this is a very interesting scent ....... I scored a Level 7 in the rewards program at Ulta, and chose to use my points on a new bottle of perfume ........ I kept on being drawn to Nina (I love the bottle) and the fragrance grew on me ....... this is a sweet scent but not overly so ..... in the opening I pick up on apples, lime, musk and something else, which I can't figure out what it is ...... it has an edge to it, a sharpness which makes this not a girlie scent but more of a woman's scent with some sex appeal ........ unfortunately the dry down loses the sharpness and I begin to pick up more on the toffee and apple as well as another negative is that it is not very long-lasting ...... I still rate this a 4 as I truly like the scent even though it has a few negatives such as I do have to re-spray a few hours later to refresh the scent, but this is a minor negative. I also note that this fragrance appeals to males, as it does generate compliments ....... women whose chemistries fare better with sweeter scents, will appreciate Nina ..... I am lucky that I scored a free bottle with my rewards points, but when this bottle runs out, I will certainly run out and buy another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

This is one that totally grew on me. When I first sprayed it on me at Sephora, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting to smell more apples and caramel...something sweeter. I went back to Sephora a few days later and requested a sample vial to use for a couple of days and then I fell in love with it. It really is a nice well rounded perfume. Not too fruity, or sweet or citrusy - just a perfect combination of all the wonderful notes that are in this perfume. Love the cute bottle it comes in. Wonderful addition to my very large perfume collection : )

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

I cannot believe others like TM Angel get such raves (I personally cannot stand Angel) and this one is like a hidden little jewel. Literally. The bottle caught my eye all lonely on a bottom shelf at Ulta and I was blown away by the yumminess of this amazingly complex scent. It's everything in one perfume. Sweet but not sickly, fruity but not too "young", a little spice and deliciously warm drydown. I don't know where this perfume has been! I came home and couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's so delicious and I just bought it on FragranceNet. The bottle alone is worth keeping but what's inside will pleasantly surprise you. It's a gorgeous scent. Of course, it all depends on your body chemistry but I am personally in love with this one. Exactly what I was looking for!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really hoping I would like this scent. On paper, it seemed to have everything I wanted- “Calabrese Lemon, Cipirinha Lime, Red Toffee Apple, Vanilla Infusion, Moonflower, Peony Petals, Apple Tree Wood, Cotton Musk” according to the Sephora website. But it just didn’t work out on me! The first 15-20 minutes were magic, filled with bright, fresh fruits with a tiny bit of muskiness to deepen the scent. After that…. Rotten, fermented apples. I think it must be the cotton musk, coming forth and dominating the fragrance and smelling just OFF with my skin chemistry. Eventually in the late dry down things calm down and everything feels balanced again, but I’m not willing to smell like past due apple cider for an hour to get to that point again. A no buy for me, despite the amazingly cute bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just received my shipment from Sephora after getting click-happy (birthday presents to self...cheers to Sephora for brilliant marketing strategies, haha), and I had ordered the rollerball because this maximizes variety and minimizes spending. (I am a PERFUME JUNKY). The rollerball is great, cheap at $20 and will probably last me at least a few months. The downside, of course, is that you don't get as much power as in a spray, but then again it's pretty tacky to REEK of perfume, no matter how light and delicious it is.

I first smelled Nina on my friend whose idea of a perfume library is picking up Victoria's Secret body splashes when they're on sale. It smelled great, and after she showed me the adorable bottle, I was intrigued. Because the scent is sweet but not crazy unique or particularly sophisticated, I had put it on the backburner for a few months. I also didn't feel like shelling out the cash for a full bottle when Sephora kept providing better options in smaller quantities and better prices. I have also been exploring Bond No. 9, as per the recommendation of a very knowledgeable friend, and as one might guess, that's not the cheapest habit to maintain.

Then I noticed the Nina rollerball on the Sephora website and decided that I had to get it. The apple/moonflower/peony combo is magically delicious. Not DKNY delicious (a scent trifecta that I find boring, tepid and highly overrated), but fresh and fruity and with the right heart notes, perfectly balanced between girly and a bit more mature. It's like taking Light Blue, stripping a layer of its dry profile, and then infusing it with some fresh fruity goodness. Not my HG (I don't think that's possible...I am too indecisive and critical!), but definitely in my top 5 at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely! Now, I should preface my review by saying that I am a big fan of apple scents in general, my favorite being Bath and Body Works Country Apple. But up until buying this perfume, I had no idea that an apple scent could be sexy. This perfume smells fresh and crisp, definitely reminiscent of a delicious apple, but it's also sexy and addictive. I think it's best suited for day wear, but I would feel comfortable wearing this on a date as well. A bright, feminine scent that is on it's way to becoming a favorite of mine! Highly recommended.