April 17, 2014 | 862 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Normally, I would NEVER review products after one use but I just have to say that yesterday I bought the Bain de Force shampoo, Antiusure conditioner and the Ciment Thermique treatment (leave in, use before blow dry) and I'm blown away!!! In my 33 years I have never used a product that has made such a difference on my hair in just one use (or made it look like this after multiple uses). I have long, straight, color treated hair that has been getting a lot of split ends lately and I was thinking I may have to cut a good inch off (which is horrible when you're trying to grow it)....Literally, after one use, my hair is so soft, shiny, perfectly straight and though the split ends are not completely gone it feels mended and stronger. I spent over $100 on the three products which is RIDICULOUS!!! But for products that really work, I will definitely make room in the budget so I can always buy this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by barbeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this shampoo after I bleached my hair. My hair was in very bad condition before and now it looks a lot healthier! I used Bain de Force along with Kerastase Ciment Anti-Usure treatment. After I use the shampoo, my hair does feel a bit brittle but then I use Ciment Anti-Usure treatment, which makes my hair soft and healthy looking. I recommend this product, If your hair is very damaged!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by mitsos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent, amazing product. It really strengthened my tired, over-processed, fine hair in a couple of months. Excessive use of flat irons, excessive coloring and poor care from my part had led my hair to become very weak. I had more than split ends I ever had. That's the only shampoo (combined with Ciment Usure) that reversed the situation. Fast forward 1 year and now my hair is in full health! A little goes a long way, so in the long run it's not more expensive than super-market range shampoos. Oh! and it smells divine!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TB272

I don't know, I feel like I saw more breakage than before with this product. It was recommended to me, and I wanted to like it, but I didn't. Anything with Sodium Laurel Sulfate can't make your hair that much stronger. Nice smell though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this shampoo for everyday use - keeps your hair strong, clean, doesnt strip your colour and keeps your hair healthy. Only downside is that its not ultra moisturising (plus its mega expensive). Will continue to purchase, along with bain satin 2 for special occasions. Also plan to try bain mirror. Have tried bain chroma riche but it leaves a coating on your hair which builds up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by foxpup82

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using the "green line" of Kerstase for months, and am very impressed. I have fine, very processed hair, and the shampoo and conditioner really seem to have made a difference - my hair although not perfect, is so much easier to manage, and is definitely smoother and has increased in shininess by about 40%.
It's pretty pricey, but worth it if you have hair like straw! As of this month, I'll be alternating these products with Kiehl's line of thickening shampoos for more volume, but Bain de Force will remain my mainstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll review the combo of Bain de Force and Ciment Anti-Usure since I always use them together as adviced.
I'm really satisfied with both, they manage to give my fine hair softness and shine without ever weighing it down, and my damaged lengths seems to be getting healthier with greater elasticity. The shampoo alone does leave the top of my hair pretty tangled, but the conditioner takes great care of that. Although it's full of proteins, this line doesn't seem to make my hair feel dry yet. Some day when I don't have to deal with breakage anymore (hope so!), I will maybe try the Nutritive line but I fear it might be too heavy.
I didn't see any miracles over night with these products, but after a month my hair definitely feels healthier, easier to manage and softer. Plus, I absolutely love the smell, the rich lather and the luxurious packaging. I'm sure I will continue to use Kerastase, this brand beats everything else for me!
As a leave in I also use Redken's Anti Snap, Bumble's Prep and Ciment Thermique when I blowdry.
EDIT: after two months of use my hair started to feel a bit crunchy and dry, so I am now using the Nutritive range. Maybe my hair was more on the dry than on the damaged side, I think the proteins became too much. Seems like Bain Satin 1 and Lait Vital suit my needs much better, but this is still a very good range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i'm submitting the same review for Bain de Force shampoo and Ciment conditioner.
my salon only sells Bumble and bumble, so i've been using their products for ages (incl their treatment lines) but have never been wholly convinced. i finally took the plunge and went into a Kerastase salon. i was set on either the Bain Satin/Masquintense line or the Oleo-Relax line. the girl there recommended this line to me because it targets breakage with proteins, as opposed to just softening the hair. so far i have used both the shampoo and conditioner (as well as the masquintense and the nectar thermique) and have been very pleased. she said to finish up these products before switching to either other line, to give my hair a stronger foundation.
after 5 straight years of bleach, and 10 years of dying, ironing, blowdrying and ponytails made my hair shorter and shorter, i am finally noticing a major difference since using these products.
UPDATE: i have added more kerastase products to my arsenal, this is the only line that touches my hair now. this is the first time in EVER that my hair has consistently felt so soft, smooth and been so easy to heat style. i am blown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely fantastic shampoo. It delivers exactly what it says on the bottle: leaves chemically treated, weakened hair soft and shiny.

Smells divine and even though it is not cheap it lasts at least 4 months (a little product goes a long way). I use this shampoo with the rest of the Kerastase "green" line and it is very effective. I rarely use other brands and when I do I always go back to Kerastase.

EDIT: now available on the internet also in a 500ml bottle. A great deal!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

At first I really loved this shampoo, it was perfect for my thin, fragile hair. After a while, my scalp started itching really bad...that's why I took 2 lippies...
EDIT: I'm taking another lippie, 'cause it incredibly dried out my hair