September 16, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Gailmakeup

I had to use this in a pinch and I broke out in zits and blackheads in one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by heifervescent

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like I always say....fight fire with fire. I tend to be oily. When I put this on at night and in the morning, my skin is less oily. I don't even know why I stray away from this. I try other facial care products, washes, serums, etc....when the only thing I need for cleansing and moisturizing is this jar. I love this stuff. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said, but I have a suggestion that works great for me. For a moisturizing mask, I slather a THICK layer of this all over my face. Then I heat a damp handtowel in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. I take out the cloth and wrap around my face. This helps the cream to really sink in and plump the skin. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, then I wipe the excess off. It helps to get rid of my blackheads and unclogs pores. There's a reason this has been around for so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by checotah44

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! I was desperate due to clogged pores and breaking out...I started looking on trusty MA for something new to try and realized this gets lots of positive reviews and I had a jar on hand from prior use as a makeup remover...I took the scarey plunge...thinking mineral oil bad....and used it as a cleanser day and night for three days only but the results are ASTOUNDING! I just rubbed it on my face for little while and night and took off with a warm damp washcloth...lot less mess than splashing all over the sink! And in the morning I just rubbed into skin and rubbed with warm washcloth in shower and rinsed off....I am shocked....in three days, all my clogged pores...and I have large pores that clog overnight I swear....THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE....this is a MIRACLE I tell ya! NOTHING has ever done that and I honestly figured I'd be broke out in the morning....crazy. My only conclusion must be that this does such an excellent job removing makeup that it's a mircale in a jar....will keep you updated if this turns south but for now....I"M SOLD! FOREVER! WOW

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kieferz

For those of you looking for a dupe for the ORIGINAL Ponds cold cream, check out Merle Norman gentle cleansing cream. The ingredients are almost exactly the same as the original Ponds except instead of ceresin it has paraffin (which from what I understand ceresin is mostly paraffin anyways) and the added ingredient of cocoa butter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

If I have to name one beauty product that I can't live without, this is it. I use this as makeup remover/facial cleanser. This is the only thing that does not dry out my skin, especially in winter. Anything else I tried for cleansing my face, dries out my skin either immediately or over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lhyson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MUST HAVE! Takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin so soft and supple. I've never noticed any acne problems caused from this. I use quite a bit of makeup up at times so this is great and it takes my mascara off so great I never have to tug on them and pull only to end up with less eye lashes. Sometimes in the winter when my skin is extra dry I use this as a mask and then wipe off and it's so great. I've never used any other cold cream really since this is what my grandmother used and she is 75 but looks 50 something so I trust her :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use long wearing foundations and makeup due to my excessively oily skin. This takes everything off and leaves my skin moisturized. I'm acne prone and have not noticed an increase of breakouts. I do wish it came in a tube, I hate digging my fingers into this jar

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had high hopes for this product mainly because I have done a lot of research about it and the reviews were really good. I used it when I ran out of my dove foaming makeup remover. My skin before using ponds i had minimal breakouts. Barely noticeable. But open 3 days of using ponds, my skin was on a rage. It was red right after using ponds. It was irritated, and painful. I was in a denial. i said to myself, "how could something that is said to be noncomedogenic cause me to breakout?" So I continued using ponds because I though that was just my skin's way of purging the deep seated dirt. my skin was crying for help on the succeeding days. i can barely lift my head up due to embarrassment. it was horrible. on the 7th day, i decided to stop using it. my skin had just become worst. it was terrible. the pimples has become cystic anes. alot of acnes.

The effect of that seven days took my skin months to recover. im on accutane right now.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love using this as an eye and face makeup remover. I just apply a bunch of spots all over my face then massage it into my skin until all my concealer and mascara has dissolved. I like to let it sit on my skin for a couple more minutes to let my skin absorb the moisture then wipe my makeup and the product off with a moist cotton round. I do like to wash my face after using this because it does feel a bit greasy. I really recommend using this as a makeup remover because it is so cheap and works amazingly at removing any makeup, even waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It is also great to use in the winter because it is very hydrating.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Skin Type: Dry skin, with hormonal cysts on chin and temples

Ponds was too heavy and acne-inducing for my face. This didn't moisturize my body very well either, no matter the amount, and it took forever to absorb. It also felt very greasy with each application. Not to mention the horrible, lidless packaging. The only pro was this was cheap.

I'll never purchase again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No