Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Though I don't love this as much as Queen Helene Triple Whipped Cleanser, I do like it for what it is: A simple cold cream with a pleasant scent. The price, which varies by store, is pretty reasonable given how long cold cream generally lasts. I do find myself using more of this than I used of the QH variety, though I find the formulation slightly drier, or perhaps, less oily. I will give 4/5 lippies, mostly because it simply doesn't clean -quite- so well as the QH brand, and I have not had the same moisturizing results that I expected from a cold cream.

If I were unable to ever buy QHTWC again, this would be my standby (like I have a choice).

on 12/24/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Scent is wayyyy too strong. I think the amount of fragrance in this is what gave my face a slight burning sensation...especially around my mouth for some reason. It takes off makeup like no one's business, so I'll give it that!!

on 12/12/2014 11:14:00 PM

Man, I really wanted this to work. Like so many others, my grandmother used to swear by this and she had the most lovely skin ever. Recently, I started Retin-A, and I have to use a very gentle cleanser with it which just doesn't take makeup off. I turned to Ponds and was so utterly disappointed.

I've tried every method under the sun. I've wet my face, used this, and wiped it off. I've put it on a dry face and let it sit before wiping it off. I've used it in the shower. I've used it with tissues, wet towels, dry towels, wet face, and dry face, left it sitting and wiped it off imediately, rubbed it around till it emulsified, used a cleanser afterwards… and there's still a ton of makeup on my toner's cotton ball afterwards. TONS of it. And it's not like I'm wearing a mask or anything, just a BB cream and mascara.

I really, really wanted this to work. But it just… didn't. :( Thankfully I only got the small jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

We all know how great this product is for makeup removal. I've been using this for years. However, just recently I found another way to use this. Every winter I struggle with dehydrated skin. My skin is oily year round though. Forced hot air as well as my peels and exfoliation products leave me with a flakey face around this time of year. I've tried countless of moisturizers as well as Euercin, Aloe Vera Gel, Body lotions, shea butter, vaseline to help tame flakes that pop up after foundation application. Most disturbed the makeup and made it fade or melt away. Some caused even more skin issues. Some didn't even tame the flakes. Out of frustration, I dabbed a tiny amount of Ponds Cold Cream around my flakey areas and they went away! Just like that! Plus, my foundation stayed in place. Amazing. This stuff rocks my life.

on 11/30/2014 12:15:00 AM

I love Ponds Cold Cream. I buy it in lots of 3, so I never run out.
At night, first, I remove my eye makeup with Almond oil, then I slather a big glob of Ponds Cold Cream all over my face and eyes, leave for a few minutes, then wipe off with a face wipe (or baby wipe (cheaper)) cloth, to remove all the foundation. Then, I rinse off with a face washer, & moisturise. It's half moisturiser anyway, so very soothing. My teenage daughter now also uses it, too!

on 11/30/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Love this for my oily skin!! I use it to take off my makeup at night using a baby wipe to wipe if off.

on 11/29/2014 11:32:00 PM

I work for an Assisted Living - my 95 year old resident with beautiful skin SWORE by Ponds. So now I'm hooked ! It feels great, and it's inexpensive. I'm still trying to balance things out - I have sensitive middle aged skin with rosacea so sometimes ponds makes me itchy and red but for the most part, its perfect. I think if I found the right toner I'd have the whole regimen down.

on 11/29/2014 9:35:00 PM

I love this! This cleanser is so good, it doesn't strip the skin, it removes all make-up even mascara and its also a really good price. I have used so many different cleansers and some have been really expensive and have just made my skin break out or dried it out but with this it hasn't done any of those things, its just really gentle and lovely. Iv seen reviews before where people have said it can leave a film on the face but if you make sure you use a nice warm flannel and then tone your face after then it doesn't for me and I have quite oily skin to. This leaves skin clean, soft and luminous, its a great price and a really good product for winter, it also works good as a moisturising face mask. Id say this is in my top 3 cleansers which are Elemis Pro Radiance Creamy Cleanser, Liz Earle, and then this :)

on 11/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

I love this cold cream! I was using the cucumber cleanser before, then bought this one by mistake, but I like it even better. I always wet my face before using this, clean my hands before dipping my finger into the jar, then I rub this all over my face for about a minute or so, including over my eyes, to make sure I get all of my makeup off. The cream kind of melts when you rub it around and it dissolves my makeup really well, even waterproof mascara and longwear lipstick. Then I take a wet washcloth (warm water) and rub everything off gently, moving to a new spot on the washcloth as it gets covered in makeup.

When I do this, all of my makeup comes off, I'm not left with greasy skin, just a clean, but moisturized face. My skin also really seems to like mineral oil, I do not get breakouts from this or other Ponds products with mineral oil, but everyone is different. My skin feels much better, and cleaner, after using this than after using oil free liquid makeup remover. I also love the price and the old-fashioned aspect of it, I almost feel glamorous when taking off my makeup.

So if you're looking for a good way to clean off all your makeup at the end of the day for a good price, and your skin does not have a problem with mineral oil or fragrance, give this a try!

on 11/1/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cream takes off makeup smoothly works well for my skin