July 30, 2014 | 1006 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by cas1234

Miracle product! I struggle with acne and nothing has kept my skin as clear as this has. My favorite part is how much it evens out my skintone. Usually whenever you wash your face all the redness in your skin is brought to the surface. After I wash my face with this my skin looks completely even. Its so even it almost looks like I have foundation on. I will never buy anything else!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am the laziest person when it comes to taking off my makeup, but I only wear mascara and sunscreen, so I feel like I can get away with sleeping in it. HOWEVER when I do put in the effort, I use this and it makes my skin smooth as heck. I love putting it on my face and neck before a shower and then wiping it off with the warm water. Ahhh heaven :D The jar seems a little unhygienic (takes more than one scoop to wipe mascara off, so there are black marks in my pot, whoops) but I don't really care? Makes my face feel good. I'm just a fan of mineral oil in products! Works so well for my dry skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

This has saved my dry winter skin! I have sensitive, acne prone skin. My skin was looking so dry and breaking out badly (which I think was due to my previous face wash) so I decided to try this as a cleanser and it works great. My skin is soft, clean, and this hasn't caused breakouts. The ones I had cleared up in a couple of days. I first use a makeup remover wipe,rinse with warm water, pat dry, then rub about a nickel sized amount of this over my face. I try to massage it on my skin for at least a minute and I sometimes leave it on longer. I remove with a cotton pad soaked in warm water or rinse it off in the shower. I was skeptical at first that this would break me out but its actually the opposite. It doesn't leave my skin feeling heavy or greasy either. I will continue to use this in the dry winter months. I do use a seperate moisturizer after this in the AM that has SPF. I've been using this for a couple weeks now. I will update in the warmer months in case this is too heavy for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sexymama83

I love this stuff, it works great on removing eye makeup it even removes waterproof mascara without any effort I do find it a bit oily to use on my whole face, and I have even found an off brand at family dollar for 3 dollars and I can't tell the difference between the two! I recommend this product to all my friends, family and co workers!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST CLEANSER EVER!!! I stumbled upon this after watching an "I Love Lucy" episode and they mentioned cold cream. I realized I had no idea what it was. After a Google search I started reading about it. I had finally gotten my acne under control but my skin just seemed BLAH. It was oily but still super dry and just didn't have any radiance. I was currently using Philosophy and with Christmas coming I figured I could save some cash and give this a shot. The first night I used it I rubbed it in, wiped it off with a warm wet washcloth and then put a nice semi thick layer all over my face and slept in it. When I woke up the next morning I woke up expecting the worst but it was magic! My face had absorbed it and I was glowing! All the fine lines I had were gone! and the weirdest part was my face wasnt a bit oily. I sleep in a layer every night and in the mornings I rub a small amount in and let it sit there and wash it off with a washcloth in the shower and then just apply my makeup after (I dont wear more because makeup wont stick to it). No need for other moisturizers and my skin stays matte all day. Best kept beauty secret EVER!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MonicaTerese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No matter how many times I try a different makeup remover I always come back to this one. I must admit i have a bias towards it since my mom used this when I was growing up, and I continued to use it as I started wearing makeup. Nostalgia aside, this is a good product. I use a different cleanser after this since it can make your skin oily if youre prone to that, but as a makeup remover it works very well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Love this! Removes makeup sooo easy without tugging and repeated swiping! Will repurchase. The only thing I am not fond of is the smell.

EDIT: AFTER USING THIS FOR A FEW WEEKS, I STARTED BREAKING OUT AND ITCHING LIKE CRAZY!! I wonder if it is the strong smell! Either way, discontinuing use and will NOT buy again! Will stick with my Jergen's All-Purpose face cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this.
i didn't want to like it since it has quite a few new added chemical ingredients (including parabens) in the current version - the older version (borax version) was much simplier and i preferred it.

but - i have found nothing that works as well for my skin. i made home-made cold cream and while it worked great for cleansing it seemed to leave my skin drier than Ponds.

also i like to use this version of ponds as a moisturizer as well and my home-made version just wasn't very good for moisturizing.

i've tried Jergens All Purpose Face Cream which has a formula much similar to the old ponds. i like it ok but the fragrance is just too much for me and it is really greasy and at the same time i don't find it to be as good a moisturizer as Ponds.

weird those chemicals must help Ponds to sink into my skin and moisturize better.

i love the jar. i would NEVER use a cold cream (or any other product) in a pump bottle - i hate pumps. i also really dislike tubes, mainly because they rarely contain a large enough amount and you have to keep buying them over and over and they are not refillable.

i have a small jar of this as well as a medium and a large jar. i just re-fill my small and medium jars from my large 'server' jar.

i will keep using and buying it unless i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by franciepants

I love this product. It goes on wonderfully makes my skin feel SO soft. It's perfect for removing my eye makeup.

After trying some other skincare that literally burned my skin, this was the only thing I could use that didn't hurt. It does leave a residue (not greasy for me) but makes your skin incredibly soft. Unfortunately, after about 4 weeks I have started to get some pimples because it is so rich.

So guess I can't use all over my face daily, which I am bummed about, but will continue to purchase and use as an eye makeup remover.

I happen to love the scent - just something about it that smells expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

HG makeup remover! I've tried so many methods, and while they've all done the job, this is by far my favorite. I just don't like oil cleansing; for me it's too, well...oily, LOL. Pond's is greasy, yes, but it's just greasy ENOUGH, and it's very thick and creamy, as well. I just massage it into my skin for a couple of minutes and it dissolves everything. I tissue off the excess, and then wipe off the rest with a wet, very warm washcloth. It feels so good and so soothing....great for just before bed. And my skin feels completely clean, yet so soft.

Note: While Pond's would no doubt dissolve eye makeup with no problem, I use Neutrogena remover or the Walmart generic version for my eyes, because I don't like the blurry effect left behind by greasy cleansers. YMMV.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No