Redken Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Isostearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Behentrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat protein, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride

on 6/11/2007 3:30:00 PM

I'm rating this 3.5. it's not an amazing product which I can't do without and it's really expensive here where i live.. but i like that it defines the waves in my hair everytime i use it.. love the scent too. u don't need to use too much of it to see the effects.. i advise against applying it anywhere near the roots.. it'll weigh down your hair and make it look greasy.. apply sparingly on the ends of your hair n let it air dry or tie it up in a bun for nice waves if your hair is straight..

on 4/25/2007 8:06:00 AM

This was recommended to me by a coworker who has shiny, wavy hair that is fine like mine.

I use a tiny amount on my towel dried hair, and it lets my wide tooth comb run through my wet hair like butter (great to avoid future split ends). I sometimes will put an extra dab on places I know will look the frizziest like the sides of my hair. Then, I let it air dry, and brush it out a little. The result is frizz free, shiny hair with a natural wave. I also enjoy the scent. Even my husband noticed a difference with my hair using this product.

Although it is expensive, it will last a long time because you don't need very much.

I will buy again.

on 3/26/2007 12:34:00 PM

I bought this product ages ago not knowing what it really was. I used it on dry hair and it felt gross, all sticky and heavy, but then when I used it on wet hair it was just so amazing! It leaves my hair magnificiently smooth and shiny and is definitely something I would repurchase. I use it all over my head, even my fringe and roots and it doesn't build up or leave a greasy feeling. I'm tempted to call it a HG but I'd like to try the Kiehl's 133 first.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have used every shine product out there (Fekkai, Biosilk, etc.) and this was the WORST. I actually returned it, which I've never done. It was extremely sticky, and made my hair dull and frizzy. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but my hair is not difficult-- it's straight and not colortreated, so shine products work for me 99% of the time.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from Trade Secret and finally tried it out. I love it! I have switched from using my old shine serum that can weigh my hair down if used to much to this fab stuff! My hair feels and looks so soft and healthy. Even when I'm in need of a trim, this makes my ends look healthy. Great product! I have fine hair but lots of it that is shoulder length.

on 1/3/2007 5:36:00 PM

This is a nice light cream. I have medium thickness hair which needs a little smoothing down when damp before blow drying and a quick going over with the straightening irons.

It makes my hair look really natural, not artificially smooth and it gives it nice body and swing all day.

I previously used Kiehls Smoothing Balm but it was a little expensive (well, only 2 more than this!) but was harder to get hold of. 11.75 for a fair sized bottle and is pretty easy to get hold of.

I'll see how it goes but it's a winner for now. So much better than drugstore brands which just make my hair feel coated. I like the fact that it's not packed with silicones too.

on 1/3/2007 4:30:00 PM

I bought Redken Outshine at Ulta. I have short red/auburn hair (trying to grow it out) and I curl the top of my hair in spiral curls all over and I was looking for something that would help with frizz, but leave a silky shine to my hair and this stuff ROCKS!!! Just be careful not to use too much of it or it will leave your hair limp and lifeless.

on 12/14/2006 3:40:00 PM

I bought this after a recommendation from my stylist. I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. Some silicone serums were causing build-up on my hair. After clarifying really well (with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo - safe for color-treated hair BTW!), I started using this product. I apply it on towel-dried hair and style. I spray a root-booster and avoid Outshine at the roots - it will make them look greasy if you have fine hair. This product does a great job of smoothing hair and leaving it soft and silky. I just use one pump and blow-dry straight and my hair comes out so smooth! Smells like shea butter (probably because that's one of the main ingredients). I will definitely buy this again! It does have silicones in it, but doesn't seem to cause any build-up. It's also very moisturizing, leaving my dry hair static-free. I *do* recommend this!

on 11/9/2006 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been generally happy with Redken products, and this is no exception. It's a nice hair cream that adds a little definition to my extremely thick, long, curly/wavy hair. I don't use much, but I do notice that it works well with my Paves Red Carpet Foaming Mousse. Other leave-in's and hair creams tend to diminish the holding properties of the styling products I use, but this one just softens my hair a little and keeps the curls smooth. One problem for my highly acneic skin is that I will break out a bit if this product touches my face too much, so I'm careful about concentrating the application to the top layer of my hair and less around the face.

on 10/6/2006 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What was I doing wrong with this? It has such good reviews but I didn't like it for some reason. The first time, it was so-so... the next time, my hair was sticky. :( I was using it as a leave-in. I wasn't too fond of the smell either. Oh well.

Top Rated Redken Products