April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used every shine product out there (Fekkai, Biosilk, etc.) and this was the WORST. I actually returned it, which I've never done. It was extremely sticky, and made my hair dull and frizzy. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but my hair is not difficult-- it's straight and not colortreated, so shine products work for me 99% of the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Trade Secret and finally tried it out. I love it! I have switched from using my old shine serum that can weigh my hair down if used to much to this fab stuff! My hair feels and looks so soft and healthy. Even when I'm in need of a trim, this makes my ends look healthy. Great product! I have fine hair but lots of it that is shoulder length.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice light cream. I have medium thickness hair which needs a little smoothing down when damp before blow drying and a quick going over with the straightening irons.

It makes my hair look really natural, not artificially smooth and it gives it nice body and swing all day.

I previously used Kiehls Smoothing Balm but it was a little expensive (well, only 2 more than this!) but was harder to get hold of. 11.75 for a fair sized bottle and is pretty easy to get hold of.

I'll see how it goes but it's a winner for now. So much better than drugstore brands which just make my hair feel coated. I like the fact that it's not packed with silicones too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by minimartha

I bought Redken Outshine at Ulta. I have short red/auburn hair (trying to grow it out) and I curl the top of my hair in spiral curls all over and I was looking for something that would help with frizz, but leave a silky shine to my hair and this stuff ROCKS!!! Just be careful not to use too much of it or it will leave your hair limp and lifeless.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after a recommendation from my stylist. I have fine, straight hair, but a lot of it. Some silicone serums were causing build-up on my hair. After clarifying really well (with Kenra Clarifying Shampoo - safe for color-treated hair BTW!), I started using this product. I apply it on towel-dried hair and style. I spray a root-booster and avoid Outshine at the roots - it will make them look greasy if you have fine hair. This product does a great job of smoothing hair and leaving it soft and silky. I just use one pump and blow-dry straight and my hair comes out so smooth! Smells like shea butter (probably because that's one of the main ingredients). I will definitely buy this again! It does have silicones in it, but doesn't seem to cause any build-up. It's also very moisturizing, leaving my dry hair static-free. I *do* recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by akimbo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been generally happy with Redken products, and this is no exception. It's a nice hair cream that adds a little definition to my extremely thick, long, curly/wavy hair. I don't use much, but I do notice that it works well with my Paves Red Carpet Foaming Mousse. Other leave-in's and hair creams tend to diminish the holding properties of the styling products I use, but this one just softens my hair a little and keeps the curls smooth. One problem for my highly acneic skin is that I will break out a bit if this product touches my face too much, so I'm careful about concentrating the application to the top layer of my hair and less around the face.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What was I doing wrong with this? It has such good reviews but I didn't like it for some reason. The first time, it was so-so... the next time, my hair was sticky. :( I was using it as a leave-in. I wasn't too fond of the smell either. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 2:26:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

This works better than any product I have ever tried for taming my slightly damaged and frizzy ends. I have tried so many serums but nothing works like this and it leaves my hair so soft and full of body and my hair is also easier to blow dry when I use this. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2006 4:23:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is what I use when I let my naturally wavy hair air dry. I put it in on towel dried hair, and it makes my hair friz free, and the waves uniform and healthy looking. The best stuff I have found when you just don't want to do anything to your hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2006 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scribblescrabble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a great product. It's lightweight, helps with detangling and moisturizes very well. But for some reason it makes my eyes burn when my hair is wet. So I won't repurchase.