April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the best exfoliator I have ever used. I use it often, about every other day, sometimes everyday if I feel a need a bit extra cleansing. Its very gentle, and my face looks amazing after using it. The beads are small and gentle and this bottle is gonna last me a year easily cuz you only need a little bit for your whole face.
Highly recommend and will def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cherylbrt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this based on the MUA and other reviews, b/c I was at witts end with my adult/cystic acne (not fun to have acne - especially in your late 40s!) I was looking for a non-drying acne scrub and treatment, with *serious* ingredients, after trying many other things over the years. I picked up two Murad products on ebay, and saved a bunch of $$. The scrub contains: Glycolic, Lactic, AND Salicylic acids for gentle exfoliation, as well as soothing ingredients. I have to agree with the other reviews..., it IS extremely gentle, yet really works. It leaves your skin glowing. The beads are very small, not scratchy. After one week, this scrub, combined with Murad's Gentle Acne Treatment Gel is controlling the bumps and cysts on my chin, w/o making a dried up, flaky mess. (Yeah - I do have oily skin. But still, many acne treatments are VERY drying. Especially on 40+ skin.) It's clearing up the tiny bumps, too. I'm optimistic these products will continue to work. They were worth the price, especially if you get them discounted. A little goes a LONG way. The scrub is generously sized at 6.75 oz. (One last note - I AM still using Adult formula Clearasil (sulfur-based) on any large bumps. It's strong - and helps dry out these nasties, FAST. But it's too strong and drying for all-over application). Try this scrub if you suffer from adult acne and nothing else worked. This, along with one of the Murad acne treatments might be the closest thing to HG you'll find! ;-)

*Update 8/13 - Almost 2 months and only 1/2 way thru the 6.75 oz tube! Use it every morning. Can't say I have 0 break-outs (I wish!). But this routine seems to keep things under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Sundaefundae

This is my 2nd Murad product (after not being very successful with the highly raved Active Radiance Serum) and I absolutely love it! This scrub made my skin feel really clean, my pores are smaller the next morning, my skin looks clearer, feels smoother and after 3 uses, I noticed that my forehead had a little glow. Like a healthly skin glow, absolutely loving this one and would repurchase again, eventhough one tube (200ml) should last me for a good 4-5 months as I use very little of it each time, 2-3 times a week. I have oily combination and sensitive skin and had no problems with this scrub, no redness, itchines or breakouts. Holy grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Loving this product. I use it every couple of days to exfoliate and decongest my pores. I'm finding that with this the radiance of my skin is improved, skintone has evened out, and my pores seem less noticeable. I've had compliments recently about my 'creamy' skin.

I have occasional outbreaks of dermatitis when my skin integrity is impaired and I was worried the granules in this would be too much for my skin. Chemical exfoliants and my skin are compatible, but not generally the physical exfoliants. Luckily, this product is the exception!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't normally give 5 stars, but I LOVE THIS! I got a deluxe sample size of this and, literally, after my first use my skin was brighter. I was so impressed that I immediately (I mean that same day) went and purchased a full size. I use this as my morning cleanser with my Clarisonic three times a week, as directed. And I have noticed clearer, brighter skin. I have tons of issues with my skin: I have combo skin, and problems with blackheads, cystic acne, and clogged pores (it also tends to be sensitive from time to time) and I am dealing with hyperpigmentation and large pores on my inner cheek area. (I know...I'm a mess.)

But this cleanser is EXTREMELY gentle and my skin has not had any adverse reactions. My BE makeup goes on smoother, my pores appear tighter and the dark spots are lightening. I can't say my results are based on this product alone, I also use the Murad Active Radiance Serum, which is just as awesome. But it is certainly helping to clear up my issues.

I wouldn't tell anyone to go pay full price right off the bat for this, but if you can get your hands on a sample first (which will last a few weeks), definitely give it a try. Because I was waaaaay skeptical at the beginning too and this has definitely become a cleanser I can't live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

When it comes to skin care, I'm stingy with the 5's but this is great. First of my skin loves BHA/AHA's. I am prone not so much to acne, but to milia. I can't use any moisturizers unless I use a BHA product with it or else my face is a bumpy mess.

I normally use Paula's Choice BHA lotion (amazing stuff). I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and was reluctant to try it. I thought that the few seconds it would take to cleanse, would not be enough time for any BHA action to work, so this product would be useless.

This is smooth going on and has little tiny grains (very few) that gently polish. It feels great, rinses clean and my skin feels perfect afterward. My moisturizer glides on perfectly afterward. I think this would be a bit much to use daily - the directions say 3x per week which I think is just perfect. This can replace my BHA lotion on the days I would use it, saving me a step, so yes, this is a great product IMO and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Twirlybee

This is a great cleanser/exfoliator! I have very weird skin (combination, acne prone, and sensitive) but this stuff does not set it off in any way. It is gentle, it is non-drying, and gives your face a beautiful glow. I would recommend it to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I tend to cleanse and then use this. It's very gentle and does a great job of exfoliating without irritating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! I had used DDF acne pumice scrub with benzoyl peroxide for years, but now that I'm older it has become much too harsh and drying for me. This Murad scrub gets the job done, keeping my acne-prone, oily slin clear and satiny smooth without over-drying. I use it every nite, followed by Biomedic's conditioning toner, and either Retinol cream
or Glycolic moisturizer. My skin has never looked better. Will definitely continue to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just want to say, THANK YOU MUA'S for writing such rave reviews about this product, i never would have tried it otherwise...

That said, this is officially my first HG anything!!! My skin is tough, as in unresponsive to anything except benzoyl peroxide and prescribed topical treatments which burn and turn it red. So typically I use pretty rough scrubs to see any sort of positive result.

The AHA/BHA made a difference the first night.... incredible...immediately after washing it felt soft and smooth, but my skin is far from that normally, with little clogged pores all over that make little raised bumps... milia? (though i have hundreds of thousands, they're quite subtle and they aren't white but skin colored, so probably not milia)

In the morning, my skin actually LOOKED smoother and I thought I was imagining there were less bumps.... I used it in the morning too... and that night... and etc. I use it 2x a day and it has made my skin so beautiful I can hardly believe it.... I don't think it is healing my acne scars-- I use Mederma for that, but now I SERIOUSLY look forward to washing my face :)