October 21, 2014 | 1091 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that this product has so many glowing reviews. I've been using it for almost a month and I've seen no improvement in skin tone, blemish reduction or anything else - just drier skin in the parts of my complexion that were already dry! I am so glad I just paid $10 for the travel/sample size of this. The other problem with it is that a little does NOT go a long way. I have to use a huge glob to feel like it's even on my face when I'm washing with it. I recommend any exfoliator or scrub from Dermalogica way before this. Beware if you have any dry areas on your skin already - mine is combination and this product just worsened my normal or dry areas. Despite using it only 3 times a week for the past month, I have flaky skin around my eyes and on my cheek bones now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Can I get an AMEN?! This product ROCKS my socks. Its gentle yet effective. I alternate between this and the dermalogica thermafoliant depending on how my skin feels, but this works just as great when i want light exfoliation. It has that signature Murad scent, which isnt strong to me. Little tiny beads that works its magic to exfoliate your face. After using this for a month (twice a week), my skin looks and feels much better. I hardly get acne, or eczema breakouts. You only need a dime size to cover your entire face. A little bit more for the neck. I use it when I'm in the shower. I'll be forever using this along with the other Murad Age reform line. It's GREAT

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by rae16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perks up your skin, considerably. Could see a difference right away. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by marmys

I was hoping for great results with this product and loved the idea that it was gentle and suitable for all skin types. Unfortunately after one use I have had a horrible red, bumpy, prickly heat-type reaction to it. I have other Murad products that i love and will continue to use, but if your skin is in the slightest bit sensitive I suggest strongly that you do an under chin trial before full face use. The product feels lovely to use, and my skin felt fine immediately after use but overnight the reaction set in and today i have been struggling to resist the urge to scratch my face off!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amberedgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for about 7-8 years. It is totally my HG cleanser. I used to get pimples very frequently along with congested (bumpy) skin beneath the surface. Over the course of using this product over many years, I rarely have any breakouts, if I do it is usually because of trying a new product such as a moisteriser or serum. I dont even have the monthly hormonal pimple!!

This cleanser is amazing, it is gentle but will completely turn your skin around. I find it minimised the blackheads and evened out the texture of my skin. I use it morning and night - another reason I feel cleared up my skin was the twice a day cleansing as well. I always believe if you invest in your skin you wont need so many cover up products such as thick foundation which ultimately make your skin worse anyway.

I go through a regular tube approx every 3 months but since I buy on strawberrynet its cheap and I now buy the large professional size anyway which lasts around 5-6 months. But who can put a price on amazing skin?!

I would definately recommend this to anyone with breakouts, blackheads and bad skin in general. It totally transformed my skin. Just note that when you first use a aha/bha product your skin will "purge" - meaning the cleanser is bringing all the congestion under the skin out. But be happy in that - once its all out - its gone forever... just be patient :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the best exfoliator I have ever used. I use it often, about every other day, sometimes everyday if I feel a need a bit extra cleansing. Its very gentle, and my face looks amazing after using it. The beads are small and gentle and this bottle is gonna last me a year easily cuz you only need a little bit for your whole face.
Highly recommend and will def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cherylbrt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this based on the MUA and other reviews, b/c I was at witts end with my adult/cystic acne (not fun to have acne - especially in your late 40s!) I was looking for a non-drying acne scrub and treatment, with *serious* ingredients, after trying many other things over the years. I picked up two Murad products on ebay, and saved a bunch of $$. The scrub contains: Glycolic, Lactic, AND Salicylic acids for gentle exfoliation, as well as soothing ingredients. I have to agree with the other reviews..., it IS extremely gentle, yet really works. It leaves your skin glowing. The beads are very small, not scratchy. After one week, this scrub, combined with Murad's Gentle Acne Treatment Gel is controlling the bumps and cysts on my chin, w/o making a dried up, flaky mess. (Yeah - I do have oily skin. But still, many acne treatments are VERY drying. Especially on 40+ skin.) It's clearing up the tiny bumps, too. I'm optimistic these products will continue to work. They were worth the price, especially if you get them discounted. A little goes a LONG way. The scrub is generously sized at 6.75 oz. (One last note - I AM still using Adult formula Clearasil (sulfur-based) on any large bumps. It's strong - and helps dry out these nasties, FAST. But it's too strong and drying for all-over application). Try this scrub if you suffer from adult acne and nothing else worked. This, along with one of the Murad acne treatments might be the closest thing to HG you'll find! ;-)

*Update 8/13 - Almost 2 months and only 1/2 way thru the 6.75 oz tube! Use it every morning. Can't say I have 0 break-outs (I wish!). But this routine seems to keep things under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Sundaefundae

This is my 2nd Murad product (after not being very successful with the highly raved Active Radiance Serum) and I absolutely love it! This scrub made my skin feel really clean, my pores are smaller the next morning, my skin looks clearer, feels smoother and after 3 uses, I noticed that my forehead had a little glow. Like a healthly skin glow, absolutely loving this one and would repurchase again, eventhough one tube (200ml) should last me for a good 4-5 months as I use very little of it each time, 2-3 times a week. I have oily combination and sensitive skin and had no problems with this scrub, no redness, itchines or breakouts. Holy grail for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Loving this product. I use it every couple of days to exfoliate and decongest my pores. I'm finding that with this the radiance of my skin is improved, skintone has evened out, and my pores seem less noticeable. I've had compliments recently about my 'creamy' skin.

I have occasional outbreaks of dermatitis when my skin integrity is impaired and I was worried the granules in this would be too much for my skin. Chemical exfoliants and my skin are compatible, but not generally the physical exfoliants. Luckily, this product is the exception!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't normally give 5 stars, but I LOVE THIS! I got a deluxe sample size of this and, literally, after my first use my skin was brighter. I was so impressed that I immediately (I mean that same day) went and purchased a full size. I use this as my morning cleanser with my Clarisonic three times a week, as directed. And I have noticed clearer, brighter skin. I have tons of issues with my skin: I have combo skin, and problems with blackheads, cystic acne, and clogged pores (it also tends to be sensitive from time to time) and I am dealing with hyperpigmentation and large pores on my inner cheek area. (I know...I'm a mess.)

But this cleanser is EXTREMELY gentle and my skin has not had any adverse reactions. My BE makeup goes on smoother, my pores appear tighter and the dark spots are lightening. I can't say my results are based on this product alone, I also use the Murad Active Radiance Serum, which is just as awesome. But it is certainly helping to clear up my issues.

I wouldn't tell anyone to go pay full price right off the bat for this, but if you can get your hands on a sample first (which will last a few weeks), definitely give it a try. Because I was waaaaay skeptical at the beginning too and this has definitely become a cleanser I can't live without.