Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Jojoba Esters, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 3/29/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have dry somewhat finicky skin, and this scrub does not dry me out or strip my acid mantle. Because my skin is so dry and sensitive I can't use it often, perhaps once or twice a week. It is gentle (which is why I can use it) so it doesn't work like a peel, but it does a nice job of gentle exfoliation. I had always struggled to find something to exfoliate all the horrible dry flakes I always get and yet not leave my face even more dry. This was my answer. I do recommend this for someone with dry and/or sensitive skin, but because it is so gentle I wouldn't be surprised if someone with oily or acne-prone skin might not find this aggressive enough.

on 3/16/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using AHA/BHA products for a year now and they've helped me with my adult acne issue and clogged pores. I've used Murad products off and on over the years. Although pricey this cleanser will last you quite some time. A little bit really goes a long way. I use it about three days out the week and have seen a significant reduction in breakouts and my pores have improved. It's not harsh and doesn't leave me raw. My regular cleanser is Cetaphil and in conjunction with this and an AHA/BHA toner my skin feels wonderful. One lippie off for the packaging. I so wish this came with a pump.

on 11/13/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw no results from this cleanser. It didn't remove all of my makeup and didn't exfoliate all that well either and for the price and the fab reviews, I expected results. I saw more improvement from a salicylic toner.

on 11/13/2010 11:39:00 AM

Did nothing for me at all. Didnt exfoliate didnt clean or anything. And the tube is so huge and expensive, I couldnt wait to finish it.

on 11/4/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am surprised that this product has so many glowing reviews. I've been using it for almost a month and I've seen no improvement in skin tone, blemish reduction or anything else - just drier skin in the parts of my complexion that were already dry! I am so glad I just paid $10 for the travel/sample size of this. The other problem with it is that a little does NOT go a long way. I have to use a huge glob to feel like it's even on my face when I'm washing with it. I recommend any exfoliator or scrub from Dermalogica way before this. Beware if you have any dry areas on your skin already - mine is combination and this product just worsened my normal or dry areas. Despite using it only 3 times a week for the past month, I have flaky skin around my eyes and on my cheek bones now.

on 10/6/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Can I get an AMEN?! This product ROCKS my socks. Its gentle yet effective. I alternate between this and the dermalogica thermafoliant depending on how my skin feels, but this works just as great when i want light exfoliation. It has that signature Murad scent, which isnt strong to me. Little tiny beads that works its magic to exfoliate your face. After using this for a month (twice a week), my skin looks and feels much better. I hardly get acne, or eczema breakouts. You only need a dime size to cover your entire face. A little bit more for the neck. I use it when I'm in the shower. I'll be forever using this along with the other Murad Age reform line. It's GREAT

on 10/3/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Perks up your skin, considerably. Could see a difference right away. Great product!

on 9/26/2010 1:36:00 AM

I was hoping for great results with this product and loved the idea that it was gentle and suitable for all skin types. Unfortunately after one use I have had a horrible red, bumpy, prickly heat-type reaction to it. I have other Murad products that i love and will continue to use, but if your skin is in the slightest bit sensitive I suggest strongly that you do an under chin trial before full face use. The product feels lovely to use, and my skin felt fine immediately after use but overnight the reaction set in and today i have been struggling to resist the urge to scratch my face off!

on 9/15/2010 10:33:00 PM

I have been using this cleanser for about 7-8 years. It is totally my HG cleanser. I used to get pimples very frequently along with congested (bumpy) skin beneath the surface. Over the course of using this product over many years, I rarely have any breakouts, if I do it is usually because of trying a new product such as a moisteriser or serum. I dont even have the monthly hormonal pimple!!

This cleanser is amazing, it is gentle but will completely turn your skin around. I find it minimised the blackheads and evened out the texture of my skin. I use it morning and night - another reason I feel cleared up my skin was the twice a day cleansing as well. I always believe if you invest in your skin you wont need so many cover up products such as thick foundation which ultimately make your skin worse anyway.

I go through a regular tube approx every 3 months but since I buy on strawberrynet its cheap and I now buy the large professional size anyway which lasts around 5-6 months. But who can put a price on amazing skin?!

I would definately recommend this to anyone with breakouts, blackheads and bad skin in general. It totally transformed my skin. Just note that when you first use a aha/bha product your skin will "purge" - meaning the cleanser is bringing all the congestion under the skin out. But be happy in that - once its all out - its gone forever... just be patient :)

on 7/9/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is hands down the best exfoliator I have ever used. I use it often, about every other day, sometimes everyday if I feel a need a bit extra cleansing. Its very gentle, and my face looks amazing after using it. The beads are small and gentle and this bottle is gonna last me a year easily cuz you only need a little bit for your whole face.
Highly recommend and will def buy again!