Cover Girl Clean Make Up

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/20/2010 11:05:00 AM

**Please note that this is a review of the sensitive skin formula.**

I really dislike heavy-coverage foundations. They always feel too heavy on my face and they end up looking cakey on me no matter how I blend it or how much I use.

Cover Girl's Clean is a foundation that is compatible with my skin and preferences. I've never had terrible acne or blemish problems (luckily), so I've never needed a heavy coverage foundation. Clean looks quite sheer on my skin, but it feels very light, which I really love.

I have to admit that the consistency is quite weird. I've never tried the old formula, but the new formula doesn't feel entirely "liquid-y." There's a lightweight feel that almost resembles a mousse (though it doesn't look like a mousse at all). It's difficult trying to describe the texture, but whatever it is, I like it. The texture makes it super-easy to blend (even when I'm not using a brush).

While using this foundation, I haven't noticed any streaking, caking, discoloring, or fading. It doesn't make my skin look/feel oily or dry, either. The title of the foundation is a very accurate description of how it looks on my face: CLEAN! This is a foundation that looks natural on my face, which I really can't complain about at all.

The bottle isn't very practical due to the consistency/texture of the foundation. Sometimes it's difficult trying to get the product out. A pump would have been better for this kind of foundation.

I really like this foundation. It looks and feels good on my face, and it evens out my skin tone with little product and little effort. I will make sure to update this review once the hotter seasons are here, just to see how this combats humidity.

on 8/16/2009 1:35:00 AM

I bought this in a rush when I ran out of my usual foundation the day before a party. I'd been planning to look at more expensive brands next time it came to buying a new foundation, because I am so pale and find it hard to find suitable shades in the drugstore brands. However, I worked both days and didn't have time to go to department stores and had to stick with the shops nearby. This was the only foundation left in a colour that was passable on my skin...it's still about half a shade-a shade too dark, but with some serious blending and MSFN in light over the top, it's alright for night time ( 105 Ivory). The smell is strong, but I don't mind it since my skin looked better taking off the foundation then it did when I put it on...the Noxema seems to work on my skin. I like the coverage, but it does seem to look cakey in face creases, in my chin crease especially, and a bit around the sides of my nose. It wouldn't blend away either. Not keen on the screw top bottle, it's messy and it's too easy to waste product. For the price though (on sale for $11 AUD), it did the job and didnt irritate or give me acne like so many foundations have in the past. Not sure if I would buy again, just because it's not an exact match, but for the price, it's ok and I can see why it has devotees.

on 6/28/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Buff Beige - which I use during the summer so my face will match my tan. I generally like this line of CoverGirl foundation in the Oil-Free version, but the oil free version of this color was WAY too pink. So, I went with this instead, even though I have oily skin already. This gives great coverage. I think that is the only good thing about this. Other than that, it smells strongly of Noxzema, looks a lot lighter when you put it on than when you look at it from in the bottle, and (the one thing I really HATE about this foundation) it is shiny when you put it on! (I even tried putting this on right after I washed my face.. and it looked as if I had been out all day, sweating. My face was that shiny) Iffy product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I hated this stuff, this looked so cakey and fake and so unnatural. The color did nothing to try to diminish my pores, it just made them stand out more. I have really oily skin that about after and an hour it's shine city. This foundation was so oily it self it made my skin look even worse than it is. The only way i would recommend this product to someone is if they had really dry skin (not even!). Other than that don't waste your money, this went straight in my garbage.

on 5/11/2009 11:23:00 PM

When i bought this product i was just looking for something with light to medium coverage since i am fair and have mild acne. I bought this in ivory and i hate the smell of it which i never noticed till i got home. I found that in the sun it looks way to orange, then my friend told me to try the same color in oil free and that its way less orange. since we are the same shade and I found it to be more like my shade but really hard to get out of the bottle, its also like it doesn't want to come out. overall it does the job but there is minimal options in shades.

on 5/11/2009 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i think this is a great general foundation. it is great for smoothing out skin tones and very cheap and easy to use. an okay product!

on 5/2/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have 3 bottles of this stull this is now my go to foundation in drug store brand! Im too scared to try Maybelline This dosent break me out and I love the smell of the Noxema in it mmmm, I use this with my Loreal true macth powder, when Im not useing these two im using MAC in Nw43 in covergirl im shade Toasted Almond :) I really recommend this foundation tooo everyone I didnt like the Franagnce free one one bit at all!!!! it was way yo light and just gross i gave it away but this one I love it blends will, the only thing is that THE UNDERTONES ARE LIKE ONLY ONE yellow and or ORAGNE ;( But that's ok?
Love CoverGirl always wanted to love Covergirl and i do

I have been using this foundation for years. I have very fair, sensitive skin, and have found that this is the only drugstore foundation that doesn't give me an orange tint. I use the lightest shade-- ivory. I have not been able to find another drugstore foundation as light as this one. In addition, many other drugstore foundations make me sneeze and my eyes water (i.e. revlon's foundations.) This one does not. So if you have allergies like me, you may want to try this one.

on 4/25/2009 11:00:00 AM

Not the best, not the worst. The coverage in this foundation is minimal and I cannot stand the smell of it. It smells almost like medicine. It wasn't a horrible experience but I will not be using the rest of the bottle and will not be repurchasing.

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Didn't cover anything, didn't settle into my skin, transfered easily, and made my face look like an oil slick. Would definitely not purchase ever again