July 28, 2014 | 1176 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Irritated my skin and made and the fragrance is too strong. Did an ok job cleaning my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in conjuction with the Pore Refining face wash. I've noticed a reduction in oil and shine on my face, thumbs up! And, I've noticed my pores actually look clear, and less noticeable, and my skin is so smooth. BUT, I have two complaints. One, the nozzle is waaaay too small to get any kind of product out, so I have to unscrew the top and use it that way. I've also developed these little bumps, like tiny whiteheads almost, around my mouth, and under my chin. Not blemishes, but something else, I really have no idea. I'm not sure if it's a minor allergic reaction. I've been using this toner for about three weeks now, and I've debated returning it (got it @Wal-Mart for $6.47) but besides the bumps, I love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Messysilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I really think that this product works for me. I've only been using this for a little over a week, and I've seen a difference in just a few days. My face used to have little bumps but I see now that they have diminished. I also noticed that my skin feels smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

I been using it for like 1 month and a half
i dont really know if it is working
but since i been using other products to make my pores smaller
idk

it does burn when i put it on my face
but only when i apply it
i don't see no dirt on the cotten pad
so it's not the best toner out there

if you use neutrogena products before and didn't work
this is no different
rahter buy AHA / BHA lotion then as a toner cause it holds more
in your skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

For some reason I keep buying toners even though I don't use them regularly. However, I figure they're good to keep in the house for when I do require them so I've been holding onto my collection. Out of the few that I own, this is my least favorite because it leaves a sort of film on my skin that feels unpleasant and unclean. Another complaint I have with this toner is that it advertises that it contains AHA and BHA, but the bottle does not list the concentration. I find this suspicious. I suspect that it may contain below the minimum suggested amounts for skin maintenance. Finally, I've lost faith in this "pore refining" line after a mixed experience with the Pore Refining Cleanser (see my other review).

With all the negatives here, I do want to be fair and write that I still like Neutrogena as a brand for skincare. Aside from the Pore Refining products, there has only been one product that didn't work at all for me - the rest have been fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jlr1700

so i've been using this product for awhile now and it really has made a big difference for the pores on my cheeks and nose. and seeing that i have moved to using it all over my face... but recently i've noticed fine lines around my jaw line and in between my eyebrows i've never had them before and shouldn't at 22 right? maybe this is what is doing it and i should just stick to my cheeks and nose with this one.. anyone else having this problem i'll be relieved if this is why.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lilyzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Favourite toner! All the other toners I tried didn't make a difference to my skin or worse, dried my skin out. But this one really does make my pores appear smaller, dry out blemishes (which I get sometimes when I stray and change my skincare routine), and it has a light and refreshing scent. It makes my skin sort of glow and it's affordable. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by shopoholic057

This product is pretty amazing! It has never stung my face when I put it on, and it actually feels really refreshing. I have seen a reduction in my acne, and it leaves my skin feeling really soft. However, I always take off the cap to apply my toner because the tiny hole in the cap gives too little product. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by purple122988

My favorite toner is Neutrogena Deep Clean Toner but since I couldn't find it anywhere I was using Clarins Toner which was terrible. After reading the reviews I figured I would try this one. Its a good substitute for the Neutrogena Deep Clean Toner. I have been using it for a month now in the heat of August. Swipping it over my face a couple times a day helps to keep the oil and sweat off reducing breakouts. My skin is very smooth. During the summer is the most important time to use toner, so I use it 3-4 times per day in the winter I will cut down to once a day. After using different toners for about 6 months my once huge pores are now almost invisible and my acne situation is much better under control.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Felicia99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner twice a day for the past three months. The appearance of my skin has noticeably improved. The large pores around my nose and chin appear smaller and cleaner. The red spots on my skin have faded and the tone and texture has improved. I am extremely happy with the results and will continue to use this product.