October 25, 2014 | 1947 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Pore Refining Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by TheMrsPacheco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a few good things to say about this product - but then I read all of the other reviews here. I realized I actually have been breaking out MORE since using this product - small white bumps under the skin on my chin, and other larger breakouts around my nose, which I usually don't have. I'm going to have to swich toners and see if there is any difference!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so this is the first time I've used a toner. (I'm 18) I've heard about them and I was skeptical, I was like, do I really need this? But I was at the store, and I was like, what the heck. I am more than pleasantly surprised. My skin is acne prone, but even more, it's super oily. I hate it because by the end of the day I feel like I could fuel a car with it, but not anymore! I noticed a difference in the feel of my face within one day. In fact, I forgot to put it on last night and I was so bummed today because now my face is oily. It stings a little because it has a little bit of alcohol, but I think it dries my face nicely without it making it break out. I am only doing 4 out of 5 lippies because currently, I see no pore refining. I have HUGE pores it's horrible and I see no difference, but as just a toner, I love this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraAsh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate to have to write such a negative review, but this product is making my skin worse! The size of my pores are not shrinking. It is making my skin more oily, and my breakouts are getting worse. I am going to stop using this and try to find my receipt so i can return it!! I am very disappointed!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mrsnossa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I started using this about a month ago, about the time I started using the Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. Since I'm getting married soon I was desperate to find something that would actually clear up my skin, but was also inexpensive. I've had acne since I was 11, so I've tried everything under the sun, as you can imagine! So I didn't notice anything dramatic immediately, but loved the fresh, almost fruity scent. After using these 2 products for a few weeks I have noticed my skin has cleared up quite a bit, pores aren't as visible, and my skin is smoother! I think this one is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Irritated my skin and made and the fragrance is too strong. Did an ok job cleaning my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this in conjuction with the Pore Refining face wash. I've noticed a reduction in oil and shine on my face, thumbs up! And, I've noticed my pores actually look clear, and less noticeable, and my skin is so smooth. BUT, I have two complaints. One, the nozzle is waaaay too small to get any kind of product out, so I have to unscrew the top and use it that way. I've also developed these little bumps, like tiny whiteheads almost, around my mouth, and under my chin. Not blemishes, but something else, I really have no idea. I'm not sure if it's a minor allergic reaction. I've been using this toner for about three weeks now, and I've debated returning it (got it @Wal-Mart for $6.47) but besides the bumps, I love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Messysilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I really think that this product works for me. I've only been using this for a little over a week, and I've seen a difference in just a few days. My face used to have little bumps but I see now that they have diminished. I also noticed that my skin feels smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Bunnisan

I been using it for like 1 month and a half
i dont really know if it is working
but since i been using other products to make my pores smaller
idk

it does burn when i put it on my face
but only when i apply it
i don't see no dirt on the cotten pad
so it's not the best toner out there

if you use neutrogena products before and didn't work
this is no different
rahter buy AHA / BHA lotion then as a toner cause it holds more
in your skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

For some reason I keep buying toners even though I don't use them regularly. However, I figure they're good to keep in the house for when I do require them so I've been holding onto my collection. Out of the few that I own, this is my least favorite because it leaves a sort of film on my skin that feels unpleasant and unclean. Another complaint I have with this toner is that it advertises that it contains AHA and BHA, but the bottle does not list the concentration. I find this suspicious. I suspect that it may contain below the minimum suggested amounts for skin maintenance. Finally, I've lost faith in this "pore refining" line after a mixed experience with the Pore Refining Cleanser (see my other review).

With all the negatives here, I do want to be fair and write that I still like Neutrogena as a brand for skincare. Aside from the Pore Refining products, there has only been one product that didn't work at all for me - the rest have been fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by jlr1700

so i've been using this product for awhile now and it really has made a big difference for the pores on my cheeks and nose. and seeing that i have moved to using it all over my face... but recently i've noticed fine lines around my jaw line and in between my eyebrows i've never had them before and shouldn't at 22 right? maybe this is what is doing it and i should just stick to my cheeks and nose with this one.. anyone else having this problem i'll be relieved if this is why.