December 22, 2014 | 1645 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by 600pounds

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from Sephora and it has a light lotion consistency so it spreads easily on the face. However this lotion doesn't really do anything for me. I don't notice it extending the longevity of my makeup or mattifying my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lizyu6688

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this primer drys out my face completely! I have no moisture left on my face after I tried it. I told the rep that I have dry skin. She said I should use this primer so that it will control the shine on my face. So I purchased it. Horrible! My face was so dry that for the first time in my life I saw dry patches on my skin one hour after applying this primer and LM loose powder. I also saw some peelings around my nose at the end of the day. So ladies with dry skin, be careful when you try this primer. It will suck all moisture out of your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by bryanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this. I'm not a fan of silicone based primers and I had high hopes for this one but it just wasn't good. It felt really nice going on but it caused my face to become really oily by mid-day. That's not good considering I can go without primer and not get oily! Returned to Sephora after a couple days of use.. I hate returning stuff but I just can't use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never had any problems with foundation staying on but I still use this product from time to time. I am unsure if it helps but it doesn't make my makeup look any different so I use it sometimes. I normally use it when I know it's gonna be a long day or it's gonna be one of those days where I might sweat a little or get a little oily. I know that switching products may make me break out and it did the first week I started testing it out. However, now it does not make me break out. I like that the product is light weight and does not dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by amiscione

This product really helped my foundation stay on for up to 8 hours. I use this primer along with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, consealer, and powder. The product moisturizes my face and glides on easily. It blend well, and you only need a pearl sized drop for your whole face. Over all I really loved his product!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a sample from Sephora because I was curious and new to the whole 'primer' idea. I'm glad I got a sample and didn't actually buy it because I hated it. It didn't break me out or cause any iritation, but I hated the smell. It didn't do anything a primer was suppose to do for me. The only redeeming quality is the texture of the primer itself. It's more like a lotion versus the silicone-y feeling of others (e.g. smashbox) The texture reminds me somewhat of the MAC prep & prime (but the MAC one is waaay better than this) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does nothing for me! I use mineral foundation, they do have a mineral foundation primer in which I have not tried. But still I've used other primers and can see visible difference, not this one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer before me, I received this primer in the Laura mercier kit from sephora. The product that sucked me into getting the kit was the tinted moisturizer, but that will be in another reviewer.

This is the second foundation ive ever tried in my life. The first being sephora's mattifying primer, which I absolutely hate. It wad a silicone based primer that clogged my pores and made me break out so bad. But this one's different! I love that it comes into a squeeze tube and making application easy. Consistency is thin but not too watery. A little def goes a long way.

After my bad experience, I've never felt the need to use a primer but u absolutely love this product. It filled in my pores without clogging them and I could really see the difference with and without using a primer. It made my foundation go on smooth and my skin looked frickin awesome. Ive been using this primer for about 2 weeks now and it hasnt broken me out.

Def will purchase the full size once I'm done with this small tube :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by MissMinxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

If I had read the reviews on this prior to purchase, I probably would not have bought it. So glad I did because this primer works great for me. Looks like it doesn't work so hot for those women that have oily skin.

I had a sample of Smashbox Primer that was ok. Nothing great. Didn't seem to entice my foundation to stick around any longer, didn't seem to magically blur flaws. Ah-well. In fact, if anything, it made my makeup look worse. Blegh.

So, I had 500 + pts at Sephora and when they offered the Laura Mercier mini kit, I pounced. The first time that I cracked it open, I stuck with the tinted moisturizer only (probably because of the smashdown on my results from Smashbox). And, the tinted moisturizer was still pretty amazing on its own.

But, curiosity got the better of me (it always does) and I decided to go-for-it one night before going out with friends. Smoooooth, and glowing with the right sort of luminosity. I didn't look like an oil slick and, oh miracle of miracles, not only did my skin look flawless but my makeup stayed on until I washed it off later that evening.

Couple this with LM's Pot Concealer (I think that's what it's called, It's the one with three compartments. Two atop with a yellow correcter and a peach concealer, one below with finishing powder), LM's Tinted Moisturizer and honey, my skin looks like perfection and absolutely NOT overdone.

Again, I do not have oily skin and can see how this would not work for those that do. Dry to normal skin will love this.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by giveusfear

At first i loved it... then i had an allergic reaction.. i was going nuts trying to figure out what was causing it... one by one changing my routine.. and this was it.. so sad cuz i loved it. :(